Deep blue liberal/progressive/hippy dippy Portland in decline thanks to failed lib policy

Thanks to failed lib policy residents in trendy parts of Portland no longer feel safe
Last year, Oklahoma edged out Louisiana for the dubious honor of being the “world’s prison capital”—locking up a higher proportion of its residents than any other state or country.

Last year, Oklahoma edged out Louisiana for the dubious honor of being the “world’s prison capital”—locking up a higher proportion of its residents than any other state or country.

In blue states they keep their numbers low by simply not putting criminals in prison. What a brilliant move!!! :laugh: :laugh:

What if..it's because they suck and are overpriced?

I am sure that's part of it.

I used to go to Starbucks 4 times a week to meet customers before the Pandemic. Then as a result of the Pandemic, I had to change my model to meet with customers over Zoom and get paid through Zelle.

I know that I had to meet one customer a couple weeks ago at a Starbucks. They didn't have enough staff, they screwed up my customer's order, and she was quite irate. Fortunately, I was able to calm her down and complete the transaction.

The Pandemic did more to cripple Starbucks than crime did.

I am sure that's part of it.

I used to go to Starbucks 4 times a week to meet customers before the Pandemic. Then as a result of the Pandemic, I had to change my model to meet with customers over Zoom and get paid through Zelle.

I know that I had to meet one customer a couple weeks ago at a Starbucks. They didn't have enough staff, they screwed up my customer's order, and she was quite irate. Fortunately, I was able to calm her down and complete the transaction.

The Pandemic did more to cripple Starbucks than crime did.
So are you saying that closing down the economy over the DEMPANIC!! was a really, really stupid idea?

Do you realize you just said something that actually makes sense?

Starbucks has been closing stores all over the country... mostly because of oversaturation and they can't find workers.
The company released a statement citing safety concerns

It didnt mention homeless people taking over the streets and Starbucks bathrooms but that seems to be the issue

So are you saying that closing down the economy over the DEMPANIC!! was a really, really stupid idea?

I'm saying it was the least bad option of all options.

I'm sorry you don't get that.

The company released a statement citing safety concerns

It didnt mention homeless people taking over the streets and Starbucks bathrooms but that seems to be the issue

You mean after years of not investing in affordable housing and mental health care, we have a homeless problem? Perish the thought.

You mean after years of not investing in affordable housing and mental health care, we have a homeless problem? Perish the thought.
The government invested into the big banks instead of the people. They are colluding with the big banks to drive the cost of housing up.
Over 100% what it was 30 years ago. That's fucked up.

These street people were brainless before they became homeless

Now libs are treating criminals like sacred cows in India

The result is rampant crime

The government invested into the big banks instead of the people. They are colluding with the big banks to drive the cost of housing up.
Over 100% what it was 30 years ago. That's fucked up.

Actually, it's the opposite 50 years ago, the government build housing for the poor. Now they just give them Section 8 vouchers and stick them into regular communities, but the problem is, getting someone who is willing to take a Section 8 voucher is a challenge. And I'll admit, when I had to rent out my Condo this year waiting for the stupid lawsuit to get resolved, I wouldn't have considered Section 8 like some of my neighbors did. Those people are the reason I wanted to get out of that Condo. When I bought my new Condo, I specifically got an association that required owner-occupancy.

These street people were brainless before they became homeless

Now libs are treating criminals like sacred cows in India

The result is rampant crime

Nope. the issue of Homelessness is a lot more complicated than that.

For instance, 30% of the homeless are families with children.

Now, yes, our foolish policy towards mental illness (where we closed down the mental hospitals and didn't replace them with outpatient programs) is also a large part of the problem.

For instance, 30% of the homeless are families with children.
I dont think 30% of the chronic drug infested tent people in center of major cities are families with children

I know there are homeless families, often living out of a car, but not always.

however I would not trust a number that is just thrown around willy nilly

Forum List

Back