Seattle Police Chief Warns City that Cops Are Unable to Protect Property From Antifa and BLM Riots Thanks to City Council Barring Crowd Control Tools

SO, it is that mysterious Antifa again! They are destroying America! One of them almost backed in to my car when I was leaving the Safeway parking lot! They are easy to spot. They don't have Trump bumper stickers on their cars!

It's the same leftist protesters it always is, under various names. That you try to get slick because they may not call themselves "anti-fa" or wear anti-fa ID badges is just pathetic.

But your shtick has been HURR DURR DURR TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP HURR DURR DURR for a while now.

Can't help it. Disrespecting Trump is as easy as laughing at Mussolini as he postured his way through WW2!

View attachment 367265

that makes you a gutless impulsive twat.

Now, Marty, try to focus. This thread isn't about me...

When you go modified godwin you make it about you, oxygen thief.

Now, Marty, don't take it personally that your heroic president is a narcissistic, self-aggrandizing, pathologically lying, undereducated, ,incompetent, bigoted, fascist fool. You were probably just having a bad day when you voted for him.

I was fine when I voted for him, and so far he has done what he said he would do, or at least has tried to do so.

But TDS deluded twat-waddles such as yourself have nothing to show but cheap digs that have been done over and over.

Your biggest sin isn't stupidity, it's un-originality.

SO, it is that mysterious Antifa again! They are destroying America! One of them almost backed in to my car when I was leaving the Safeway parking lot! They are easy to spot. They don't have Trump bumper stickers on their cars!

It's the same leftist protesters it always is, under various names. That you try to get slick because they may not call themselves "anti-fa" or wear anti-fa ID badges is just pathetic.

But your shtick has been HURR DURR DURR TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP HURR DURR DURR for a while now.

Can't help it. Disrespecting Trump is as easy as laughing at Mussolini as he postured his way through WW2!

View attachment 367265

Now, Marty, don't take it personally that your heroic president is a narcissistic, self-aggrandizing, pathologically lying, undereducated, ,incompetent, bigoted, fascist fool. You were probably just having a bad day when you voted for him.

I was fine when I voted for him, and so far he has done what he said he would do, or at least has tried to do so.

But TDS deluded twat-waddles such as yourself have nothing to show but cheap digs that have been done over and over.

He is unable to do what he said because for one, he doesn't really mean it and for two he is completely unqualified to lead. How are those trade negotiations with China going? He said it would be easy. How is dealing with the deficit going? He said it would be easy. How is the wall coming along? What do you think about his great health care plan that everyone was going to love?

If he hadn't sent his goons in there is likely peace right now.

View attachment 367265

He is unable to do what he said because for one, he doesn't really mean it and for two he is completely unqualified to lead. How are those trade negotiations with China going? He said it would be easy. How is dealing with the deficit going? He said it would be easy. How is the wall coming along? What do you think about his great health care plan that everyone was going to love?

Ah federal law enforcement as "goons", you anarchist butt-loving poseur fuck.

He gets my vote again, deal with it you limp wristed sissy-boi

View attachment 367265

I'm sure you will and if he would happen to win the same questions will be able to be asked of you four years from now and you still won't be able to address them.

View attachment 367265

I'm sure you will and if he would happen to win the same questions will be able to be asked of you four years from now and you still won't be able to address them.

What questions?

Here's a hint soi boi, we don't care about your revolution or you SJW take it up the ass viewpoints.

View attachment 367265

What questions?

Here's a hint soi boi, we don't care about your revolution or you SJW take it up the ass viewpoints.

You understand what questions. You are losing and are bitter. I understand.

View attachment 367265

What questions?

No, you morons never set yourselves for a set position, you waffle and ignore, you go on tangents and pretend things never happened. You blame agent provocateurs with zero evidence.

Nut up or shut up, poseur.

View attachment 367265

What questions?

You are arguing for a candidate with brain damage, lawlessness, and globalism. I'm not sure it would be possible to lose to you in this argument. Please get help.

View attachment 367265

What questions?

You are arguing for a candidate with brain damage, lawlessness, and globalism. I'm not sure it would be possible to lose to you in this argument. Please get help.

Sorry, what candidate am I argueing for?

Seattle Police Chief Warns City that Cops Are Unable to Protect Property From Antifa and BLM Riots Thanks to City Council Barring Crowd Control Tools

25 Jul 2020 ~~ By Kristinn Taylor
Businesses and police precincts in Seattle boarded and barricaded their properties in preparation for expected violent Antifa and Black Lives Matters protests this weekend. The protective measures were taken as Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best sent a letter to Seattle businesses and residents that police, having been stripped by the City Council of standard non-lethal riot control tools, will not be able to defend property from rioters.
A bill unanimously passed last month by the City Council that goes into effect this weekend (after Mayor Durkan declined to veto it and a federal judge declined to stop it) bans police from the “ownership, purchase, rent, storage, or use of crowd control weapons” including “kinetic impact projectiles, chemical irritants, acoustic weapons, directed energy weapons, water cannons, disorientation devices, ultrasonic cannons, or any other device that is designed to be used on multiple individuals for crowd control and has the potential to cause pain or discomfort.”

View attachment 367130

Chief Best also wrote the City Council on Thursday:
Letter to City Council Regarding Council Ordinance 119805 – Crowd Control Tools
Written by Chief Carmen Best on July 23, 2020 4:30 pm

July 23, 2020​
Lorena González, President and Lisa Herbold, Public Safety Chair​
Seattle City Council, City Hall​
600 Fourth Ave, 2nd Floor​
Seattle, WA 98104​
Re: City Council Ordinance 119805 – Crowd Control Tools​
Dear President González, Chairwoman Herbold, and Seattle City Council Members:​
SPD has confirmed with the City Attorney’s Office that the City Council ordinance banning the use of less lethal tools – including pepper spray – commonly used to disperse crowds that have turned violent, will go into effect this weekend as written.​
I am sending this notification for the purpose of ensuring I have done my due diligence of informing Council of the foreseeable impact of this ordinance on upcoming events.​
It is a fact that there are groups and individuals who are intent on destruction in our City. Yes, we also have seen weeks of peaceful demonstrations, but two recent events (Sunday, July 19th and Wednesday, July 22nd) have included wide-scale property destruction and attacks on officers, injuring more than a dozen, some significantly.​
This weekend we know that several events are planned across the city that will foreseeably involve many of the same violent actors from recent days. There is no reason not to assume we will continue to experience property destruction, arson, looting, and attempts to injure additional officers throughout the weekend and beyond.​
With this Council ordinance, we hear loudly and clearly that the use of these less-lethal tools by SPD officers to disperse crowds that have turned violent have been completely banned by City Council.​
Under these circumstances, as created by Council, we cannot manage demonstrations as we have in the past. If I am not allowed to lawfully equip officers with the tools they have been trained to use to protect the community and themselves, it would be reckless to have them confront this level of violence under the current legal restrictions imposed by Council.​
Some have asked why officers are not arresting those engaging in criminal behavior, as officers do every day, and as they have in recent protests. If it is safe to do so, and even when it places their lives in danger, our officers always directly address criminal behavior. They do this, however, when they know they have the tools shown to allow the safe use of their policing powers. This Council ordinance denies them access to these tools that have been an essential part of their court-approved tactics.​
We have clear, court-mandated procedures for arresting individuals, grounded in the principles of deescalation. SPD’s de-escalation principles are premised on the expectation, consistent with policy and best practices, that officers have the full array of approved tools. In large crowds, there is no safe way for officers to effect arrests when their colleagues do not have the tools necessary to protect them.​
As City Council’s legislation goes into effect, it will create even more dangerous circumstances for our officers to intervene using what they have left – riot shields and riot batons.​
For these reasons, SPD will have an adjusted deployment in response to any demonstrations this weekend. The Council legislation gives officers no ability to safely intercede to preserve property in the midst of a large, violent crowd. Allowing this behavior deeply troubles me, but I am duty-bound to follow the Council legislation once it is in effect. If the Council is prepared to suggest a different response or interpretation of the legislation, I stand ready to receive it.​
Additionally, while the Ordinance by title suggests a limitation to crowd management purposes, the language of the Ordinance, in its blanket prohibition on the procurement and ownership of such tools, effectively eliminates these tools as available less-lethal options across the board. The bill clearly bans OC spray at any rally, demonstration or other event, despite if it turns violent.​
Further, while we recognize a limited exception for the targeted use of OC spray, the exception does not realistically allow for deployment in such a manner that ensures the aerosol does not disperse onto anyone other than the intended subject. For these reasons, officers who typically deploy with OC as one of their standard less-lethal options will no longer be carrying this tool.​
We continue to assess the impact of the prohibition on the procurement, ownership, and use of these tools on SWAT operations.​
I believe Council can lead on de-escalation at each of these events through their voice and presence encouraging peaceful demonstrations. It remains my deep hope that once OPA and the OIG have had the opportunity to complete the analysis tasked to them, Council will engage productively with SPD and its accountability partners to forge a meaningful path forward that provides for public safety in these unprecedented times.​
Sincerely,​
Carmen Best​
Chief of Police​
Seattle Police Department​

CC
Tammy Morales, Councilmember, District 2
Kshama Sawant, Councilmember, District 3
Alex Pedersen, Councilmember, District 4
Debora Juarez, Councilmember, District 5
Dan Strauss, Councilmember, District 6
Andrew Lewis, Councilmember, District 7
Teresa Mosqueda, Councilmember, District 8, At-Large

You may find Ordinance 119805 and other documentation here:

Comment:
Police Chief Best has done the right thing by sending the message to the Mayor and City council of Seattle. By doing so she places the responsibility of the destruction by the terrorists completely where it should rest.
By restricting and refusing to allow the SPD to protect themselves and enforce the laws of the City State and Federal government the Mayor has abrogated his authority and surrendered to mob law.
This is typical of the Progressive Marxist Socialist/DSA Democrat Leftists just as Obama's Rules of Engagement Ordered our military, they've tied the hands of SPD LEO's then complain about the fact that LEO's cannot control the terrorism, riots, arson, violence and ultimate destruction of life and law.
You can't have it both ways....
Trump is correct to protect Federal propery and Federal buildings within the city.
Hmmm...., Aren't there still a few older Seattle residents who just can't afford to get out?
Seattle looks more each day like Sodom and Gomorrah. Will God send angels to them, telling them to get out before the "Rain" of Fire and Brimstone begins!?

The owners should do like the Koreans did in the LA riots. Get into their building or on the roof with guns. Shoot any of the assholes who try to break in or burn their businesses down. Worked for the Koreans. None of their businesses were broken into or burned to the ground.

View attachment 367265

Please enlighten us. What has Trump successfully done that he promised to do?

View attachment 367265

SC nominations, tax cuts, regulation decreases, increased immigration enforcement, Lower court nominations.

25 Jul 2020 ~~ By Kristinn Taylor
Businesses and police precincts in Seattle boarded and barricaded their properties in preparation for expected violent Antifa and Black Lives Matters protests this weekend. The protective measures were taken as Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best sent a letter to Seattle businesses and residents that police, having been stripped by the City Council of standard non-lethal riot control tools, will not be able to defend property from rioters.
A bill unanimously passed last month by the City Council that goes into effect this weekend (after Mayor Durkan declined to veto it and a federal judge declined to stop it) bans police from the “ownership, purchase, rent, storage, or use of crowd control weapons” including “kinetic impact projectiles, chemical irritants, acoustic weapons, directed energy weapons, water cannons, disorientation devices, ultrasonic cannons, or any other device that is designed to be used on multiple individuals for crowd control and has the potential to cause pain or discomfort.”

View attachment 367130

Chief Best also wrote the City Council on Thursday:
Letter to City Council Regarding Council Ordinance 119805 – Crowd Control Tools
Written by Chief Carmen Best on July 23, 2020 4:30 pm

July 23, 2020​
Lorena González, President and Lisa Herbold, Public Safety Chair​
Seattle City Council, City Hall​
600 Fourth Ave, 2nd Floor​
Seattle, WA 98104​
Re: City Council Ordinance 119805 – Crowd Control Tools​
Dear President González, Chairwoman Herbold, and Seattle City Council Members:​
SPD has confirmed with the City Attorney’s Office that the City Council ordinance banning the use of less lethal tools – including pepper spray – commonly used to disperse crowds that have turned violent, will go into effect this weekend as written.​
I am sending this notification for the purpose of ensuring I have done my due diligence of informing Council of the foreseeable impact of this ordinance on upcoming events.​
It is a fact that there are groups and individuals who are intent on destruction in our City. Yes, we also have seen weeks of peaceful demonstrations, but two recent events (Sunday, July 19th and Wednesday, July 22nd) have included wide-scale property destruction and attacks on officers, injuring more than a dozen, some significantly.​
This weekend we know that several events are planned across the city that will foreseeably involve many of the same violent actors from recent days. There is no reason not to assume we will continue to experience property destruction, arson, looting, and attempts to injure additional officers throughout the weekend and beyond.​
With this Council ordinance, we hear loudly and clearly that the use of these less-lethal tools by SPD officers to disperse crowds that have turned violent have been completely banned by City Council.​
Under these circumstances, as created by Council, we cannot manage demonstrations as we have in the past. If I am not allowed to lawfully equip officers with the tools they have been trained to use to protect the community and themselves, it would be reckless to have them confront this level of violence under the current legal restrictions imposed by Council.​
Some have asked why officers are not arresting those engaging in criminal behavior, as officers do every day, and as they have in recent protests. If it is safe to do so, and even when it places their lives in danger, our officers always directly address criminal behavior. They do this, however, when they know they have the tools shown to allow the safe use of their policing powers. This Council ordinance denies them access to these tools that have been an essential part of their court-approved tactics.​
We have clear, court-mandated procedures for arresting individuals, grounded in the principles of deescalation. SPD’s de-escalation principles are premised on the expectation, consistent with policy and best practices, that officers have the full array of approved tools. In large crowds, there is no safe way for officers to effect arrests when their colleagues do not have the tools necessary to protect them.​
As City Council’s legislation goes into effect, it will create even more dangerous circumstances for our officers to intervene using what they have left – riot shields and riot batons.​
For these reasons, SPD will have an adjusted deployment in response to any demonstrations this weekend. The Council legislation gives officers no ability to safely intercede to preserve property in the midst of a large, violent crowd. Allowing this behavior deeply troubles me, but I am duty-bound to follow the Council legislation once it is in effect. If the Council is prepared to suggest a different response or interpretation of the legislation, I stand ready to receive it.​
Additionally, while the Ordinance by title suggests a limitation to crowd management purposes, the language of the Ordinance, in its blanket prohibition on the procurement and ownership of such tools, effectively eliminates these tools as available less-lethal options across the board. The bill clearly bans OC spray at any rally, demonstration or other event, despite if it turns violent.​
Further, while we recognize a limited exception for the targeted use of OC spray, the exception does not realistically allow for deployment in such a manner that ensures the aerosol does not disperse onto anyone other than the intended subject. For these reasons, officers who typically deploy with OC as one of their standard less-lethal options will no longer be carrying this tool.​
We continue to assess the impact of the prohibition on the procurement, ownership, and use of these tools on SWAT operations.​
I believe Council can lead on de-escalation at each of these events through their voice and presence encouraging peaceful demonstrations. It remains my deep hope that once OPA and the OIG have had the opportunity to complete the analysis tasked to them, Council will engage productively with SPD and its accountability partners to forge a meaningful path forward that provides for public safety in these unprecedented times.​
Sincerely,​
Carmen Best​
Chief of Police​
Seattle Police Department​

CC
Tammy Morales, Councilmember, District 2
Kshama Sawant, Councilmember, District 3
Alex Pedersen, Councilmember, District 4
Debora Juarez, Councilmember, District 5
Dan Strauss, Councilmember, District 6
Andrew Lewis, Councilmember, District 7
Teresa Mosqueda, Councilmember, District 8, At-Large

You may find Ordinance 119805 and other documentation here:

Comment:
Police Chief Best has done the right thing by sending the message to the Mayor and City council of Seattle. By doing so she places the responsibility of the destruction by the terrorists completely where it should rest.
By restricting and refusing to allow the SPD to protect themselves and enforce the laws of the City State and Federal government the Mayor has abrogated his authority and surrendered to mob law.
This is typical of the Progressive Marxist Socialist/DSA Democrat Leftists just as Obama's Rules of Engagement Ordered our military, they've tied the hands of SPD LEO's then complain about the fact that LEO's cannot control the terrorism, riots, arson, violence and ultimate destruction of life and law.
You can't have it both ways....
Trump is correct to protect Federal propery and Federal buildings within the city.
Hmmm...., Aren't there still a few older Seattle residents who just can't afford to get out?
Seattle looks more each day like Sodom and Gomorrah. Will God send angels to them, telling them to get out before the "Rain" of Fire and Brimstone begins!?

Good. Let the city burn. That's the only way for some people to learn.

View attachment 367265

What questions?

Undoubtedly you are referring to Joey Biden who cannot hold an interview with the media because he he's in his own perpetual La, la land?

View attachment 367265

SC nominations, tax cuts, regulation decreases, increased immigration enforcement, Lower court nominations.

Ok, let's go through that list. SC nominations, but they just ruled against him on his income taxes. Tax cuts. Great! We now have the largest deficit of any president in our history, which will have to be paid back. Increased immigration enforcement. Well, he promised to deport 12 million in 2 years. He actually has not deported any more than were being deported before, and only 3 new miles of wall have ben built. Lower court nominations. Well, you have got me there! Tell us please how that has improved your life. Please be specific.

View attachment 367265

Ok, let's go through that list. SC nominations, but they just ruled against him on his income taxes. Tax cuts. Great! We now have the largest deficit of any president in our history, which will have to be paid back. Increased immigration enforcement. Well, he promised to deport 12 million in 2 years. He actually has not deported any more than were being deported before, and only 3 new miles of wall have ben built. Lower court nominations. Well, you have got me there! Tell us please how that has improved your life. Please be specific.

Still better than what Hillary would have appointed, or enforced.

So now you move the goalposts from me having to list things Trump has done to where has he done things to improve my life.

A dem presidency would remove the 2nd amendment, increase my taxes, lower my freedom.

But please come up with some more drooling TDS bullshit, you cheap dime store hack.

Forum List

Back