Deem and Pass No Go

and you think the US of KKKA can afford it? and a :cuckoo: and I'll raise you :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

So we should continue to let big insurance have so much power and control over everyone's health? Everyone agrees healthcare needs fixing. Their policies are driving people to the poorhouse and allowing people to fall through the cracks simply because they don't have money to pay..

That is evil.
So you are all for exchanging evil insurance companies (Which you can drop if you wish) for evil government. (Which you cannot drop no matter how much you may want to).

And you count this as a win? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It isn't government run, more like keeping these insurance companies in check. These republican lies are about to be shown for what they are...

Democrats ditch plan to avoid direct vote on health care - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- Democratic leaders have decided to abandon the plan to avoid a direct vote on the Senate health care bill, known as deem and pass.

Instead, multiple Democratic sources told CNN that they will have three independent votes -- a vote on the rule, then a vote on the fix package, followed by a vote on the Senate bill.

Previously, Democrats did not think they could pass the fixes before the bill. But they have been assured by the Senate parliamentarian that it is possible.

The committee was expected to determine whether the House will vote Sunday on a rule that would simply deem the Senate bill -- a sweeping $875 billion reform plan that cleared the Senate in December -- passed. The House then would've proceeded to a separate vote on another $65 billion in compromise changes.

"You all in the minority continue to say what the American people think," Rep. Alcee Hastings, D-Florida, said during a particularly spirited portion of the meeting.

"You don't know what all of the American people think. And you certainly don't know what those in my constituency think."

If the Senate bill passes the House, Obama will sign it into law. If the package of changes is passed, it will be taken up by the Senate.
Freshmen House Republicans railed Saturday against the bill and the possible legislative mechanism Democrats may use to pass it.

Interesting.

no the fuck it's not.

like it or not...

yes it is.

:cuckoo:

and you think the US of KKKA can afford it? and a :cuckoo: and I'll raise you :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

So we should continue to let big insurance have so much power and control over everyone's health? Everyone agrees healthcare needs fixing. Their policies are driving people to the poorhouse and allowing people to fall through the cracks simply because they don't have money to pay..

That is evil.
So you are all for exchanging evil insurance companies (Which you can drop if you wish) for evil government. (Which you cannot drop no matter how much you may want to).

Please tell me why you think other countries can do this and that we can not make it work?

Do you think this country is less capable than others?

That is evil.

It isn't government run, more like keeping these insurance companies in check. These republican lies are about to be shown for what they are...

sure it ain't, that's why we are gonna hire 16 thousand more IRS agents to oversee things..

That is evil.

Sarah, no one - at least no one I know - wants to things to stay the way they are. We want reform..... REFORM, not TAKE OVER.

How is this a takeover of healthcare?

Obama himself called it a transition to single payer. Did he lie? Misspeak (again)? Because he's said it several times.

That is evil.

Please tell me why you think other countries can do this and that we can not make it work?

Because other countries are not making it work either!

It isn't that hard to understand.

That is evil.

nobody in their right mind should bother answering any stupid questions you put forth.. you never answer a single question asked of you.. twatwhistle.

nobody in their right mind should bother answering any stupid questions you put forth.. you never answer a single question asked of you.. twatwhistle.

I Second this.

Kinda like YoungLefty.

sure it ain't, that's why we are gonna hire 16 thousand more IRS agents to oversee things..

It isn't. That is why you all can't stand the idea of it passing. Your lies will be exposed.

I wanted the public option which may still happen but what they are passing now is geared more toward correcting insurance company corruption. My question to you is why you can accept that and have for so long?

It isn't. That is why you all can't stand the idea of it passing. Your lies will be exposed.

I wanted the public option which may still happen but what they are passing now is geared more toward correcting insurance company corruption. My question to you is why you can accept that and have for so long?
the IRS isn't going to oversee things?? Really??

I'm still wondering why an insurance company should be forced by the left wing lunatics to cover illness people have had for years.. so would it be okay to have a car accident and then go buy insurance?? doyathink???

I also can't wait to see Mitch McConnell try to repeal parts of the bill such as pre-existing conditions and allowing insurance companies once again to begin dropping patients if they get too sick..

It'll be interesting.

Democratic victory you mean? They have votes. Pelosi victory.

Who says?

Pelosi has failed to get the pro-lifers.....and so Demon Pass would fail anyway....

They have pro life Dems. Stupak never did come up w/ 12.

he never named them, not quite the same thing. if it's as much like romneycare as i've heard, it's going to be interesting to see where the money comes from.

by interesting, i mean painful.

how bout if yer house burns down then we run out and buy us some homeowners insurance to cover it?? that be cool???

I'm still wondering why an insurance company should be forced by the left wing lunatics to cover illness people have had for years.. so would it be okay to have a car accident and then go buy insurance?? doyathink???

I just wish there was a way to keep you hard nosed cons from benefitting from any of this.

Who says?

Pelosi has failed to get the pro-lifers.....and so Demon Pass would fail anyway....

he never named them, not quite the same thing. if it's as much like romneycare as i've heard, it's going to be interesting to see where the money comes from.

He said 12 though. He implied he had most of them...

I just wish there was a way to keep you hard nosed cons from benefitting from any of this.

well, explain to us why that's fair? that's all I want,, you good with accident then insurance,, you good with house burns down then insurance??? wellareyahuh?

maybe he does... i'm pretty sure dennis kucinich wasn't one of them.
steve lynch wasn't either.

Sarah, no one - at least no one I know - wants to things to stay the way they are. We want reform..... REFORM, not TAKE OVER.

How is this a takeover of healthcare?

Obama himself called it a transition to single payer. Did he lie? Misspeak (again)? Because he's said it several times.

You pulled that card the other night. It wasn't a good enough explanation then and it isn't good enough now.

maybe he does... i'm pretty sure dennis kucinich wasn't one of them.
steve lynch wasn't either.

They had to get their yes votes to reach 216. Did you see Stupak dis those 59,000 nuns by saying they weren't as important as the bishops? The nuns said pass the bill. :lol: sheesh

He's lucky he didn't get his knuckles cracked with a ruler.

Forum List

Back