Deem and Pass No Go

Am I the only one who noticed yesterday that the market was down but insurance stocks saw healthy gains almost across the board?

It was in hope ObamaCare was going to be aborted

The news on Friday was that the bill was going through, Frank.

With the unconstitutional "Deem & Pass"

If ObamaCare passes Private Insurance companies will be priced like they were a decreasing annuity with a 4 year life.

It's government run insurance. I don't believe a public option would allow business as usual for insurance companies. It has to be affordable and fair. Insurance companies are neither of those.

I've been wrong before but I really don't think it would benefit insurance.

IMO this without a public option all this bill will do is cost us money and put more ppl on the books for private insurace with noting in place to force their prices down.

Force their prices down? You mean like, say "Competition"?

Yes, like that.

Offer a public option and allow insurers to operate across state lines.

IMO this without a public option all this bill will do is cost us money and put more ppl on the books for private insurace with noting in place to force their prices down.

Yes, like that.

One day the government will have regulated everything and they'll turn their attention to milk, and we'll have a public option for buying milk and a debate over if we can sell milk across state lines.

Yes, like that.

One day the government will have regulated everything and they'll turn their attention to milk, and we'll have a public option for buying milk and a debate over if we can sell milk across state lines.

Take your fallacies up the street.

Yes, like that.

And they will ban chocolate milk on the basis that it is racist.

Am I the only one who noticed yesterday that the market was down but insurance stocks saw healthy gains almost across the board?

they probably read the bill....

"It was a bold response to skyrocketing health insurance premiums. President Barack Obama would give federal authorities the power to block unreasonable rate hikes.
Yet when Democrats unveiled the final, incarnation of their health care bill this week, the proposal was nowhere to be found."

Read more: Final health bill omits some of Obama's promises

"It was a bold response to skyrocketing health insurance premiums. President Barack Obama would give federal authorities the power to block unreasonable rate hikes.
Yet when Democrats unveiled the final, incarnation of their health care bill this week, the proposal was nowhere to be found."

I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!

I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!

i'm in seclusion over this. it gave me the vapors. :D

It isn't. That is why you all can't stand the idea of it passing. Your lies will be exposed.

I wanted the public option which may still happen but what they are passing now is geared more toward correcting insurance company corruption. My question to you is why you can accept that and have for so long?

I'm still wondering why an insurance company should be forced by the left wing lunatics to cover illness people have had for years.. so would it be okay to have a car accident and then go buy insurance?? doyathink???

I just wish there was a way to keep you hard nosed cons from benefitting from any of this.

So you just want us to pay for it and shut up, right? It is hard to believe just how clueless you and all of the rest of your fellow cheerleader dimwits are.

Probably they have the votes for the senate bill, and they are taking too much heat from the public about the deem and pass thing. Deem and pass by the other side is what got them their majorities. the people don't like that kind of thing.

So all they have to do is pass the senate version. Then they can pass their own amendments, which the senate can vote on, or not. But with the senate version passed, they can move on.

And there is no way the Republicans can get rid of it, once it is in. Even if they take the house and senate back next time round, which is still very unlikely, there is no way they could over ride a veto for their repeal.

Shock and awe II. :eek:

I'm still wondering why an insurance company should be forced by the left wing lunatics to cover illness people have had for years.. so would it be okay to have a car accident and then go buy insurance?? doyathink???

I just wish there was a way to keep you hard nosed cons from benefitting from any of this.

So you just want us to pay for it and shut up, right? It is hard to believe just how clueless you and all of the rest of your fellow cheerleader dimwits are.

Well we know you'll never shut up but you will pay for it just like everyone else. If there was a way we could keep you and your family in the current system, I would want you to keep it. You love it so much.

It isn't. That is why you all can't stand the idea of it passing. Your lies will be exposed.

I wanted the public option which may still happen but what they are passing now is geared more toward correcting insurance company corruption. My question to you is why you can accept that and have for so long?

You fail to understand, I have lived with government run health care most of my adult life. IT SUCKS.

I don't see how it's good for insurance. It would be more like an expansion of Medicare.

How so?

The bill puts all the young and healthy ppl who choose not to be insured on Medicare?

It's government run insurance. I don't believe a public option would allow business as usual for insurance companies. It has to be affordable and fair. Insurance companies are neither of those.

I've been wrong before but I really don't think it would benefit insurance.

Your Public option would actually put a couple million more Americans out of work.

Probably they have the votes for the senate bill, and they are taking too much heat from the public about the deem and pass thing. Deem and pass by the other side is what got them their majorities. the people don't like that kind of thing.

So all they have to do is pass the senate version. Then they can pass their own amendments, which the senate can vote on, or not. But with the senate version passed, they can move on.

And there is no way the Republicans can get rid of it, once it is in. Even if they take the house and senate back next time round, which is still very unlikely, there is no way they could over ride a veto for their repeal.

I have a feeling that if the Republicans take both the House and Senate (a dream really) but Obama will walk a fine line with the Veto pen. He'll start wanting to make real deals.

Forum List

Back