De Blasio Announces Addition Of Muslim Holidays To NYC Public Schools Calendar

What about our fine Buddhist and Hindu New York citizens? Not interesting to Obama, yeah I get it.

Wait... what does any of this have to do with Obama?

Was that just some sort of conservative Tourettes?

Why question my posts in particular....when as you said...if you bothered to read the quoted portion you would see that I was responding to some nonsense put forth by lud.....? Did you ask him about his posts....or do you just question my posts or conservative posts.....?

Mostly, I ignore Luddley's posts.

I was referring to your ranting about the left "defending Islam", though.

it was in general referring to lud comparing the tea party to nazis........and the fact that the left seems to have an affection for islam they don't share for Judaism or Christianity.......since this thread is about attacking Republicans, I believed it reasonable to look at the left's religious preferences.......

1. You jumped into this thread ranting about "the left" defending Islam before Luddley posted anything about the Tea Party and Nazis.

2. This thread is not about "attacking Republicans", it's about the City of New York giving public school students days off on Muslim holidays.

Islam is not even a religion. It's a political movement that calls itself a religion to avoid criticism. Like the child molesters who call themselves members of the Church of Youth and say laws banning child rape violate their religions freedom.

Mayor De Blasio NYC Public Schools Add Muslim Holidays To Calendar CBS New York

De Blasio Announces Addition Of Muslim Holidays To NYC Public Schools Calendar

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – New York City public schools have added two Muslim holidays to the school calendar, Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina announced Wednesday.

Schools will now close for Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, making New York City the largest school district in the nation to recognize the two holidays on the official school calendar.

“We are committed to having a school calendar that reflects and honors the extraordinary diversity of our students,” said Farina.

De Blasio said the change means that Muslim families won’t be forced to choose between observing the holidays and sending their kids to school.

“They want to celebrate their holiday but they also want to go to school, they love school. So now they don’t have to make that choice and this is why this is so amazing,” mother of three Linda Sarsour told WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell.

The announcement was made at PS/IS 30 in Brooklyn, where officials said 36 percent of students were absent the last time Eid al-Adha fell on a school day.

“We’re here today to make good on a promise to our Muslim brothers and sisters that a holiday of supreme importance to the Muslim community will be recognized in our school calendar so that children can honor the holiday without missing school,” the mayor said.

“I want to thank Mayor de Blasio for adding Eid-al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr to the public school holiday calendar,” said Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr. “Islam is one of the largest religions in the world, and the Muslim community is thriving not just in The Bronx but throughout the city of New York. This decision allows our city’s Muslim community to fully practice their faith without it interfering with their school attendance and education. As I have said in the past, by recognizing these two important holidays, we show that not only are we welcoming to everyone’s religious beliefs but that we respect everyone’s Constitutional right to freedom of religion.”

Eid al-Adha will be observed for the first time on Sept. 24. Eid-al-Fitr, which falls over the summer, will be designated a holiday for those attending summer school.

AAnnnnnnnd Go!

Yo, that is fine? I just hope when the Mayor passes a law that everyone has to live under Sharia Law, that they show those commies in N.Y. getting their heads :dig: cutoff on National T.V.!!!

"GTP"

"OBAMA HATES AMERICA"

Why is it always the RWs like this 1stRambo jerk who are against the Constitution of the United States?

Yo, lol
:beer:
"GTP"

OBAMA HATES AMERICA"

When will america admit what everyone knows?. DIVERSITY DOESN'T WORK.. When you mix races and cultures all you get is trouble. It's true that america is a nation of immigrants but until 50 years ago nearly all our immigrants were white christian europeans - same as the people already here.

Non-muslims celebrating Islam holidays is the same as celebrating cancer because Islam is a cancer on humanity. Islam was created by an insane murderer and pedophile and any non-muslim who supports, applauds and encourages Islam is whacked out of their mind. When Islamic countries allow Christian and Jewish holidays in their schools I will humbly apologize. Now, let us petition Saudi Arabia to be the first to allow those holidays. I am confidant they will never comply.

Sadly there is no vaccine to protect against Luddie. Though his hatred is rabid the conventional Rabies vaccine is of no use. Apparently the poor chile contracted the disease when bitten by his pet rabbit which was actually a March hare.

It's not an issue here. Because some want to call winter break "Christmas vacation" is their choice. There really are no christian holidays that the schools take off.

Next

You mean schools (and govt offices) no longer get xmas off?

Schools take winter holiday breaks.

You stated that there are "christian holidays that the schools take off", which is ridiculous and untrue.

But apparently, you're not the only one who believes that. See post #45 where MisterBeale says schools do not get xmas off but do get New Year's off.

:rolleyes:

It's not an issue here. Because some want to call winter break "Christmas vacation" is their choice. There really are no christian holidays that the schools take off.

Next

You mean schools (and govt offices) no longer get xmas off?

Schools take winter holiday breaks.

You stated that there are "christian holidays that the schools take off", which is ridiculous and untrue.

But apparently, you're not the only one who believes that. See post #45 where MisterBeale says schools do not get xmas off but do get New Year's off.

:rolleyes:
It's true. The holiday break is ostensibly for all faiths, but mostly, it's for the corporations. Nobody in the political and corporate elite give a shit about religion anymore. What they care about is the bottom line. The last quarter corporate profits. If you don't understand that, you are as obtuse as everyone on the boards say you are.

Folks need that time off to go shopping to buy stuff they can't afford and to give each other shit they don't want or can't use.

NYC Public Schools to Close on 2 Muslim Holidays - ABC News

The nation's largest public school system will observe the two most important Muslim holidays starting next fall, a policy change hailed Wednesday by Islamic leaders in New York City.

Under the new policy, the city's 1.1 million-pupil public school system will close on Sept. 24 for Eid al-Adha, which is also known as the Festival of Sacrifice. The holiday of Eid al-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan, will be observed during summer school in 2016.

"Hundreds of thousands of Muslim families will no longer have to choose between honoring the most sacred days on their calendar or attending school," Mayor Bill de Blasio said in his announcement.

Why stop at muslim holidays? Why not throw in holidays from every religion and cult in the world -- that way kids don't have to ever go to school again. NYC will soon become Paris...

And what about separation of church?

NYC Public Schools to Close on 2 Muslim Holidays - ABC News

The nation's largest public school system will observe the two most important Muslim holidays starting next fall, a policy change hailed Wednesday by Islamic leaders in New York City.

Under the new policy, the city's 1.1 million-pupil public school system will close on Sept. 24 for Eid al-Adha, which is also known as the Festival of Sacrifice. The holiday of Eid al-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan, will be observed during summer school in 2016.

"Hundreds of thousands of Muslim families will no longer have to choose between honoring the most sacred days on their calendar or attending school," Mayor Bill de Blasio said in his announcement.

Why stop at muslim holidays? Why not throw in holidays from every religion and cult in the world -- that way kids don't have to ever go to school again. NYC will soon become Paris...

And what about separation of church?

It doesn't "stop" at Muslim holidays, students in NYC Public schools already have days off for all major Christian and Jewish holidays.

Forum List

Back