De Blasio Announces Addition Of Muslim Holidays To NYC Public Schools Calendar

Wait... what does any of this have to do with Obama?

Was that just some sort of conservative Tourettes?

Why question my posts in particular....when as you said...if you bothered to read the quoted portion you would see that I was responding to some nonsense put forth by lud.....? Did you ask him about his posts....or do you just question my posts or conservative posts.....?

Mostly, I ignore Luddley's posts.

I was referring to your ranting about the left "defending Islam", though.

it was in general referring to lud comparing the tea party to nazis........and the fact that the left seems to have an affection for islam they don't share for Judaism or Christianity.......since this thread is about attacking Republicans, I believed it reasonable to look at the left's religious preferences.......

Well, let's think about this. I'm (mostly) from the Left, I'm a Jew and I strongly support Eretz Yisrael. Any other questions, oh kemosabe?
Wait... what does any of this have to do with Obama?

Was that just some sort of conservative Tourettes?

Why question my posts in particular....when as you said...if you bothered to read the quoted portion you would see that I was responding to some nonsense put forth by lud.....? Did you ask him about his posts....or do you just question my posts or conservative posts.....?

it was in general referring to lud comparing the tea party to nazis........and the fact that the left seems to have an affection for islam they don't share for Judaism or Christianity.......since this thread is about attacking Republicans, I believed it reasonable to look at the left's religious preferences.......

Well, let's think about this. I'm (mostly) from the Left, I'm a Jew and I strongly support Eretz Yisrael. Any other questions, oh kemosabe?

Your a strong shit..Israel can do without leftist Obamaites like yourself. You'd like a divided Jerusalem and an Iran as a regional power get lost nutjob:cuckoo:
You know nothing of me. Off is the direction in which you can fuck, knuckledragger.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Your a strong shit..Israel can do without leftist Obamaites like yourself. You'd like a divided Jerusalem and an Iran as a regional power get lost nutjob:cuckoo:
You know nothing of me. Off is the direction in which you can fuck, knuckledragger.

I do know you're a piece of shit, leftist ,Obama, appeaser. If Iran gets the bomb it'll be because of people like you :thup:

I do know you're a piece of shit, leftist ,Obama, appeaser. If Iran gets the bomb it'll be because of people like you :thup:

We are done here. Your sorry RWNJ ass goes on ignore forever as of this moment. Cya bye.

We are done here. Your sorry RWNJ ass goes on ignore forever as of this moment. Cya bye.

I'll be around coward.:thup:

Mayor De Blasio NYC Public Schools Add Muslim Holidays To Calendar CBS New York

De Blasio Announces Addition Of Muslim Holidays To NYC Public Schools Calendar

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – New York City public schools have added two Muslim holidays to the school calendar, Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina announced Wednesday.

Schools will now close for Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, making New York City the largest school district in the nation to recognize the two holidays on the official school calendar.

“We are committed to having a school calendar that reflects and honors the extraordinary diversity of our students,” said Farina.

De Blasio said the change means that Muslim families won’t be forced to choose between observing the holidays and sending their kids to school.

“They want to celebrate their holiday but they also want to go to school, they love school. So now they don’t have to make that choice and this is why this is so amazing,” mother of three Linda Sarsour told WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell.

The announcement was made at PS/IS 30 in Brooklyn, where officials said 36 percent of students were absent the last time Eid al-Adha fell on a school day.

“We’re here today to make good on a promise to our Muslim brothers and sisters that a holiday of supreme importance to the Muslim community will be recognized in our school calendar so that children can honor the holiday without missing school,” the mayor said.

“I want to thank Mayor de Blasio for adding Eid-al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr to the public school holiday calendar,” said Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr. “Islam is one of the largest religions in the world, and the Muslim community is thriving not just in The Bronx but throughout the city of New York. This decision allows our city’s Muslim community to fully practice their faith without it interfering with their school attendance and education. As I have said in the past, by recognizing these two important holidays, we show that not only are we welcoming to everyone’s religious beliefs but that we respect everyone’s Constitutional right to freedom of religion.”

Eid al-Adha will be observed for the first time on Sept. 24. Eid-al-Fitr, which falls over the summer, will be designated a holiday for those attending summer school.

AAnnnnnnnd Go!

Only fair. If you get a Christmas vacation, Easter vacation, etc. should get a Muslim vacation too.

Only fair. If you get a Christmas vacation, Easter vacation, etc. should get a Muslim vacation too.

Hey einstein. Easter is on a sunday and so there is no schools off for it. Did you mean to say Good Friday?

Anyway - the stupidest no-school day of all is MLK. Why do we honor a useless race hustler who never accomplished anything.?

Forum List

Back