Das Boot

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I've seen many war films, some of my favorite are foreign films that don't include Hollywood jingoism, and if I was forced to pick the best one of them all, I would choose this one.

It's awesome if you can watch the version in German. It adds...perspective.
Dubbing movies changes them. Dialog is changed to match movements of the lips. Voice actors can not delivery the lines as well as the real actors because neither the actors nor director is there to explain the scene or how the lines should be delivered. Thus dialog seems stilted and often does not match the scene. After the movie is complete, an audio production company gets the movie, hires voice actors and strips the audio out and creates a new sound track.

I can't recommend this book enough, it's unforgettable, and very well written. The author beat the odds, he survived.

716-Qb08RaL.jpg

As the wife and I hearing has deteriorated, we tend to cc everything but the news. We've gotten good at reading and now watch more foreign stuff and British stuff.
When I got my hearing aid from Cosco earlier this year, they had a device you could connect to the tv and it would transmit the sound directly to my hearing aid. So I could cut the volume down on the tv and still hear it plus I could hear others in the room.

Forum List

Back