The New Russian T-90 Battle Tank - Not That Advanced After All

The Switchblade 600 is a next generation drone that has a larger warhead, but they are not in Ukraine yet.
But you said 'The Switchblade is NOT a tank killer'! You did NOT specify which model.
But Sunni Man proved that it can kill tanks.
So it is you whom is the 'Dumbass' (your word) in this case...not him.

2) like I said - I don't much care what 'term' the military calls it.
I only care about what finally destroyed the tank and how was it destroyed.
And the video I linked to shows that the Russians actually destroyed the tank...not the Ukrainians (who only appeared to disable it).

You disagree?

Yes, because we are talking about military equipment in combat. It does not matter what term you want to use, you should be using the correct ones.

Because otherwise, you sound as stupid as those that confuse casualties with fatalities, and armored personnel carriers with tanks.

The Switchblade 600 is a next generation drone that has a larger warhead, but they are not in Ukraine yet.

Autonomous drones aren't artificially intelligent... yet.

But, imagine if a weapon becomes so intelligent, it will refuse to follow an order that results in its destruction.

Will we eventually have to give AI entities a sense of an afterlife, to con them into not fearing death?

What would an AI heaven look like?

1255629.jpg

But you said 'The Switchblade is NOT a tank killer'! You did NOT specify which model.
But Sunni Man proved that it can kill tanks.
So it is you whom is the 'Dumbass' (your word) in this case...not him.
It is not a tank killer yet, the next generation drone has not even been deployed yet. It is not battle tested. What Sunni Man "proved' was theory, not actuality.

Tell me then, why are the Russians no longer on the outskirts of Kiev? Why have they pulled out of most of k, other than the areas where separatists they control operate?

You say disinformation, fine. Then why has Kiev not fallen yet? Why have they retaken most of their country in the last month?

Something just does not match your claims.
The Russians have an explanation for that. They had no intentions to take Kiev. That was just a hoax move to draw Ukrainian troops out of Southern and Eastern directions.

The Russians have an explanation for that. They had no intentions to take Kiev. That was just a hoax move to draw Ukrainian troops out of Southern and Eastern directions.
Do you buy that? I think it's absurd. They lost almost 1/3 of their best armor in the month of March.

I see a series of continuously shrinking objectives. The so-called "cauldron" is basically reduced to Severodonetsk and Lysychansk. I expect the Ukrainians will leave a couple thousand fighters inside the cities, and it will be another 2-3 months of street fighting, tying up the Russian forces just like Mariupol.

Russia has to satisfy itself with (at best), a few small isolated encirclements, which the Ukrainians can slip through fairly easily. I recall a couple weeks ago I was hearing how the Ukrainians at Oskil were encircled and about to be destroyed....

Ukraine was making steady progress north of Kharkiv, but they had to freeze that offensive and move some of the 14th TB to Izium to stop the southern/western advance there. I agree with you that Ukraine hasn't shown much in the way of offensive capability- they are not a maneuver army. But their opponent is even worse, so that kind of makes up for a lot of Ukrainian deficiencies...

I also think Ukraine does not really need the east bank of the S-D at this point. It's a good natural defensive line and Russian ability to cross rivers- well we know what that looks like.

If the west would get off their dead asses and give Ukraine what they need- M270 MRLS/GMRLS, HIMARS, NSM, and ATACMS, they could chop the Russian MSR's....Apparently the Europeans are afraid of a Ukrainian victory...

There are videos circulating this morning of T-62 tanks being moved out of Russian storage. I shit you not. T-62's.

Do you buy that? I think it's absurd. They lost almost 1/3 of their best armor in the month of March.

I see a series of continuously shrinking objectives. The so-called "cauldron" is basically reduced to Severodonetsk and Lysychansk. I expect the Ukrainians will leave a couple thousand fighters inside the cities, and it will be another 2-3 months of street fighting, tying up the Russian forces just like Mariupol.

Russia has to satisfy itself with (at best), a few small isolated encirclements, which the Ukrainians can slip through fairly easily. I recall a couple weeks ago I was hearing how the Ukrainians at Oskil were encircled and about to be destroyed....

Ukraine was making steady progress north of Kharkiv, but they had to freeze that offensive and move some of the 14th TB to Izium to stop the southern/western advance there. I agree with you that Ukraine hasn't shown much in the way of offensive capability- they are not a maneuver army. But their opponent is even worse, so that kind of makes up for a lot of Ukrainian deficiencies...

I also think Ukraine does not really need the east bank of the S-D at this point. It's a good natural defensive line and Russian ability to cross rivers- well we know what that looks like.

If the west would get off their dead asses and give Ukraine what they need- M270 MRLS/GMRLS, HIMARS, NSM, and ATACMS, they could chop the Russian MSR's....Apparently the Europeans are afraid of a Ukrainian victory...

There are videos circulating this morning of T-62 tanks being moved out of Russian storage. I shit you not. T-62's.
I don't, of course. I was just pointing out that this argument doesn't make sense, because Russian propaganda already offered an answer for their followers.

The West are quite reluctant to provide needed weapons to Ukraine, especially the ones which can really harm the Russians. Moreover, some idiots in France and Germany already say about 'saving Putin's face'. The same as it was back in 2014. Basically, if not the US, the most of Ukraine would have already been under Putin's thumb.

I think that the best strategy for Ukraine is prepareing defensive lines between occupied territories and controlled areas and saving as much troops as possible. Maybe trying to recapture the part of Kharkiv oblast and giving up on Zaporizha. And forget about these territories until the political situation in Russia will allow to raise this question again.

What to do next, I don't know. It is clear Ukraine won't be a member of NATO anytime soon. About the EU, it is not even clear whether Ukraine will get at least a candidate status in June, which formally means nothing. Some European politicians began talking about some ridiculous 'potential candidate' status.

The best solution would be to form some military and economy alliance of the East European or Black Sea countries. But then again, who will participate in that? Poland and Turkey have their own interests.

It is not a tank killer yet, the next generation drone has not even been deployed yet. It is not battle tested. What Sunni Man "proved' was theory, not actuality.
You typed: 'The Switchblade is NOT a tank killer'
You said nothing about being deployed in that sentence.
The Switchblade 600 does exist and can destroy tanks.
Thus, your statement was erroneous.

You typed: 'The Switchblade is NOT a tank killer'
You said nothing about being deployed in that sentence.
Thus, your statement was erroneous.

But it hasn't, has it? No, it hasn't. So you don't know if it can kill a tank, because it hasn't, and the current iteration is not a tank killer.

So, once again, I'm right. Deal with it.

So can the M72 LAW and the BOYS rifle.

However, good luck in destroying any tank with it that was made during or after the last half of the last century.

A bottle of gasoline can destroy a tank, so what you are saying is besides the point.

But it hasn't, has it? No, it hasn't. So you don't know if it can kill a tank, because it hasn't, and the current iteration is not a tank killer.

So, once again, I'm right. Deal with it.
Wrong.
The sentence that I quoted that you threw so rudely into Sunni Man's face was WRONG.
I do not care what you 'meant' by it.
What you actually typed was erroneous.

Deal with it.

I am not wasting my time with you on this.
If you are going to insult a person - at least do it properly.

Your sentence that I quoted was wrong.
End of story.

You cannot handle it...that's your problem.

We are done here.
Bye now.

So can the M72 LAW and the BOYS rifle.

However, good luck in destroying any tank with it that was made during or after the last half of the last century.

A bottle of gasoline can destroy a tank, so what you are saying is besides the point.
What I was saying was STRICTLY to point out that the McRib sentence that I quoted was erroneous.
I could not give a shit about Switchblade otherwise.
It is nothing but a weapon system that the MSM picked up on because it has a 'cool' name.

What has Russia ever built that wasn't a piece of shit? From their tanks to communism---they just make anything right.
Says the man/woman who cannot seem to type a properly, worded sentence.

Russians make just as many great things per capita as any other nationality with similar levels of education.

What has Russia ever built that wasn't a piece of shit? From their tanks to communism---they just make anything right.
They did make a very reliable 20mm cannon shell fuze. It had one moving part, the only problem was that it worked too well. If you dropped a 20mm shell on its nose the fuze would detonate it.

There newest main battle tank remains quite vulnerable, and if you think that technological advancements in this tank will actually work, then you are probably expecting a lot. Reliability? Very unlikely. It remains a soft target.

As of 2018, more than 2,700 T-90 tanks or vehicles built on its chassis have been produced for the Russian army, as well as several former Soviet republics, India and Algeria, among others. Some 100 are believed to have been deployed to the eastern offensive in Ukraine, but for all its touted innovations, the T-90 has been doing little better than the T-72s and T-80s that it has joined there.

First contact was reported on April 25, when Ukrainian infantry encountered a T-90 outside of Kharkiv and destroyed it with a Javelin antitank guided missile, along with an MT-LB prime mover and an infantry fighting vehicle that accompanied the tank.

While a single encounter is nothing from which to draw general conclusions, the outcome has parallels with the fates of scores of the T-90’s predecessors. For one thing, the electronic counter weapons have not worked consistently. For another, the American FGM-148 Javelin, German Panzerfaust 3 and other antitank missiles have tandem warheads, one to pre-detonate the active armor and the second to penetrate the tank’s hull. A third factor is an option in the Javelin’s repertoire to turn upwards as it approaches its target and then dive almost vertically on it from above, where the armor is thinner.

A final weakness is tactical: a penchant of the Russian tankers to advance independently, rather than in concert with accompanying infantry. Given the way Soviet combined-arms tactics had been perfected by the end of World War II, this retrograde tendency seems inexplicable, but it has denied the Russian tanks, regardless of model, critical infantry support and left them vulnerable to Ukrainian tank-killing teams.

Moscow SUCKS !

Forum List

Back