DANG! Navy Can't Drive Ships: Here we go again,#5. Time to hire professional drivers. FFS!?

well , yeah , your opinion but i suppose that you also see 'mrobama as being AMERICAN Admiral .

He is anti-American in his actions, but he is a United States citizen. I also think he committed fraud by claiming to be a foreign student, but I have no proof.
------------------------------------------------------ USA CITIZEN , big deal , i think that the participants in the American Diversity lottery can become citizens and then go out and run down REAL Americans on a bicycle path in New York City Admiral . . .

Naturalized citizens are citizens. Criminals are criminals. Idiots are idiots.

Naturalized citizens are every bit as much citizens as anyone born within the borders of the US. In fact, there are many posting here who, despite presumably having been born in the US, are not worthy of that designation.

That having been said, anyone who commits an act of terror against the people of the United States, regardless of citizenship, should be executed in short order (within due process, of course).

I use to brag about being a navy vet, but shit like this is making me want to keep my mouth shut, damn

Remember Pearl Harbor.

1941-remember-pearl-harbor-historic-image.jpg

????????????

U.S. warship collides with Japanese tug boat, marking the fifth time this year that a ship in the U.S. Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific has been involved in a crash. US warship collides with Japanese tug boat, latest mishap for the Navy's 7th Fleet

The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship, the Navy said. No one was injured on either vessel and an initial assessment of the damage showed that the destroyer only sustained minimal damage including scrapes.

-----

:mad:I wonder if the Captain was doing a hooker here.
As why these happen ALL THE TIME NOW?
Or is this a CIC-Bone Spur issue? ARE these drivers
tweeting as they drive? Is that illegal on water?:rolleyes:

btw: The name is fitting. "USS Benfold "
Who the fuck "drives a ship"?!
People who crash .them.

I use to brag about being a navy vet, but shit like this is making me want to keep my mouth shut, damn
We know. You used to work in navy intelligence but couldn't distinguish between a frigate and an aircraft carrier. That was seriously one of the funniest things I've seen on this site, or pretty much anywhere.

U.S. warship collides with Japanese tug boat, marking the fifth time this year that a ship in the U.S. Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific has been involved in a crash. US warship collides with Japanese tug boat, latest mishap for the Navy's 7th Fleet

The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship, the Navy said. No one was injured on either vessel and an initial assessment of the damage showed that the destroyer only sustained minimal damage including scrapes.

-----

The helmsman, at the direction of the Officer of the Deck.

As a Surface Warfare Officer, to distinguish from being a pilot or submariner, I would tell them that I was a "ship driver".

Ironically, I once was a helmsman/planesman on a submarine. Driving a submarine is more like flying an airplane because you go up and down too. I have a submarine pilot's license.

I stood many a watch as helmsman/planesman. Mostly boring as hell. But every now & then things got really exciting.

-----

People who crash .them.

You mean the tug captain? Because that is who caused the crash in the OP. The Navy was not driving the USS Benfold.

-----

As a Surface Warfare Officer, to distinguish from being a pilot or submariner, I would tell them that I was a "ship driver".

Ironically, I once was a helmsman/planesman on a submarine. Driving a submarine is more like flying an airplane because you go up and down too. I have a submarine pilot's license.

I stood many a watch as helmsman/planesman. Mostly boring as hell. But every now & then things got really exciting.
I like auto-pilot with a 2-mile alarm for close targets. The sea 50 miles offshore is boatless.
When traveling to fishing areas.. For the most part.
I do like the tie-in of sonar, to follow the TUNA!
Keeping us on the center of MASS below.

Team-Hookup.png

-----

People who crash .them.

You mean the tug captain? Because that is who caused the crash in the OP. The Navy was not driving the USS Benfold.

Again, the USS (CRASHING INTO) 'TUGfolder', was under its own power at the time. They DID lose the location of the tug, as it ran into the DRIFTING TUG!
80% of reports are reporting as so.

-----

People who crash .them.

Again, the USS (CRASHING INTO) 'TUGfolder', was under its own power at the time. They DID lose the location of the tug, as it ran into the DRIFTING TUG!

They were involved in a towing exercise. The ship being towed never engages the screw while being towed. So the USS Benfold was not moving under her own power and was not doing the steering. Otherwise, there would be no towing exercise and there would be no need for a tug.

The links I have seen in the thread were talking about the aftermath.

Show me a link that says the USS Benfold was under her own power when the incident happened.

-----

People who crash .them.

The tug that hit the USS Benfold was not being towed when he incident happened. The reports clearly say that the incident happened moments after the tug lost power.

-----

I like auto-pilot with a 2-mile alarm for close targets. The sea 50 miles offshore is boatless.
When traveling to fishing areas.. For the most part.
I do like the tie-in of sonar, to follow the TUNA!
Keeping us on the center of MASS below.

Team-Hookup.png

So you think going fishing for tuna qualifies you to make judgements on naval exercises?

-----

People who crash .them.

They were involved in a towing exercise. The ship being towed never engages the screw while being towed. So the USS Benfold was not moving under her own power and was not doing the steering. Otherwise, there would be no towing exercise and there would be no need for a tug.

The links I have seen in the thread were talking about the aftermath.

Show me a link that says the USS Benfold was under her own power when the incident happened.

After the CHEAP TUG LOST POWER. The USS (CRASHING INTO) 'TUGfolder' UNDER POWER HIT IT!

-----

And the Military wants to stop having standards that exclude folks...imagine that? People with 80 IQs trans gendered psychopaths clueless wonders, we can't have standards now, can we?

-----

And the Military wants to stop having standards that exclude folks...imagine that? People with 80 IQs trans gendered psychopaths clueless wonders, we can't have standards now, can we?

The world needs ditch diggers too.

Here are this facts I have found online.

from: Japanese boat crashes into US Navy destroyer in Pacific Fleet’s 5th collision this year
"An official statement from the US Navy's 7th Fleet said the tugboat lost its propulsion and drifted into the USS Benfold on Saturday, sustaining minor damage." (The Bold is mine)

from: A U.S. Warship Collided with a Tugboat in Japanese Waters
"The tugboat lost propulsion and drifted into the USS Benfold during a routine towing exercise, according to a press release from the U.S. Navy’s 7th Fleet. No injuries or fatalities resulted from the incident, and damage to the Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer ship, was minimal, according to the release." (The Bold is mine)

from:USS Benfold scratched up by tugboat off Kanagawa as naval mishaps continue | The Japan Times
"The USS Benfold sustained slight damage when a Japanese tug drifted into the guided-missile destroyer during a towing exercise off central Japan on Saturday, the U.S. Navy said.

“No one was injured on either vessel and Benfold sustained minimal damage, including scrapes on its side, pending a full damage assessment,” a statement from the U.S. 7th Fleet said.

“Benfold remains at sea under her own power. The Japanese commercial tug is being towed by another vessel to a port in Yokosuka. The incident will be investigated,” it said, referring to the fleet’s base in Kanagawa Prefecture.

The accident occurred as Japanese and U.S. forces were taking part in a 10-day joint naval drill until Nov. 26 in a show of force aimed at North Korea, whose nuclear ambitions dominated U.S. President Donald Trump’s recent trip to Asia.

The Japan Coast Guard said the tugboat lost control and drifted into the warship as a rope got caught in its propeller, but confirmed there were no injuries." (The Bold is mine)

Forum List

Back