Joe Runs Our Military Like He Runs Everything Else

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
How could a $3 billion Seawolf-class boat, considered one of the Navy’s most formidable and advanced, crash into an undersea landmass?
The Navy has yet to explain what sort of damage the secretive sub sustained, but it was enough to force the ship to surface and limp back to Guam for repairs.

The Japan-based U.S. 7th Fleet said in a statement last week that it is determining whether anyone will face disciplinary action for the mishap.
I remember when the USS Enterprise completed a successful around the world cruise and while under command of the harbor pilot hit a sandbar pulling into its home port in San Francisco. Despite only being able to observe, the Captain lost his command.
Watch for Joe to promote this sub Captain to be his Navy Secretary.

I have extensive experience with surface vessels but no experience below the surface that petains to this accident. Maybe somebody else does?

It seems to me that a submarine is severely handicpped in uncharted waters, due it's sonar or even more modern navigation equipment not being capable of the task of avoiding natural seamounts.

In thoroughly charted waters, this could have most likely been avoided.

Also keeping in mind insufficient navigational skills as demonstrated by the US navy on other occasions.

Forum List

Back