Daisy's in trouble

Big Fitz and Saveliberty....and CMike

There are things...lives...that transcend politics.

I love it :) I miss my kitties. Someday soon, there will be cats in our family again.

I love it :) I miss my kitties. Someday soon, there will be cats in our family again.

...and that is our hope for change Coyote. Finding the common ground is very helpful. The wife is a farm girl who believes animals belong outside. This will be my last cat.

Excellent! Just make sure you get it in the house fed and happy before the significant other comes home. Then it's impossible to throw them out. A little heart worm of love awwwwwwww..... LOL

...and that is our hope for change Coyote. Finding the common ground is very helpful. The wife is a farm girl who believes animals belong outside. This will be my last cat.

No...don't say that...

This has been an odd year, I said good bye to my friend of 16 years, Deena, an Australian Shepherd. I also said a painful goodbye to a girl I had to euth for temperment. issues It's been a very difficult time. I loved them both more than I can say.

But I keep thinking of this quote: "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan...."

and I know I will always choose these short lives.

As an aside, I work with several rescue groups and recently evaluated a group of dogs in our local county shelter to send to a friend in Vermont. She also wanted two kittens to adopt...so...I got to pick two kittens.

What a hoot....they are so full of life...they overcome my cynacism :)

Last edited:

Excellent! Just make sure you get it in the house fed and happy before the significant other comes home. Then it's impossible to throw them out. A little heart worm of love awwwwwwww..... LOL

hehehe...actuatly my sig other is a "cat person" - my only worry is integrating with dogs...but dang, I miss my old kitties...

hehehe...actuatly my sig other is a "cat person" - my only worry is integrating with dogs...but dang, I miss my old kitties...
Bah. I had 3 cats and an Old English Mastiff. The cats ruled the house and Daisy (my mastiff) deferred to their desires. The only time she ever growled at them was when they got near her chewie while she was not done with it... or she caught them eating out of her food bowl. And the growl was all they ever got. Dogs and cats can live well together, you just have to introduce them carefully is all.

No...don't say that...

This has been an odd year, I said good bye to my friend of 16 years, Deena, an Australian Shepherd. I also said a painful goodbye to a girl I had to euth for temperment. issues It's been a very difficult time. I loved them both more than I can say.

But I keep thinking of this quote: "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan...."

and I know I will always choose these short lives.

As an aside, I work with several rescue groups and recently evaluated a group of dogs in our local county shelter to send to a friend in Vermont. She also wanted two kittens to adopt...so...I got to pick two kittens.

What a hoot....they are so full of life...they overcome my cynacism :)

The wife has made it abundantly clear that bringing another cat into the house will mean one less human in the house. Really not ready to call her on that one.

Wow... I'll feel bad for her or the children. I wonder which child she'll throw out? ;)

Ladies, a little insight into the mind of a guy.

The cat is ALWAYS glad to see me.
The cat never handed me a list of things to do.
The cat never asked me to get out of bed and find out what that noise was.
The cat never used up all the hot water.
The cat never tried to start a fight by asking how it looked in a dress.
The cat never told me it needed extra grocery money and then brought home a nonfood item and told me more grocery money was needed again.
The cat occasionally will borrow the TV remote, but I still get to pick the channel.
The cat does not have a mother in law that visits or wants us to visit her.

Now, despite all of this I prefer the wife. Still, do you really want me to start thinking about it?

6440_1200109078806_1110906740_30604912_3782619_n.jpg

My Daisy has come to visit your Daisy.

My Daisy is invisible when nonfamily is around. I hold the cat while the wife takes her best aim with the antibiotic dropper. Doing pretty well so far. Friday is the calcium blood test. There is a health concern about keeping up calcium levels with this surgery. I don't expect any problem, but it is serious, if there is a problem. Also, suppose to start the thyroid medicine Friday. Hope that is fairly tasty. The label says take for life. I think it has at least two meanings.

the things we do....i got this 100 lb doberman, thor, who had knee surgery...long ago in a time and place far away....he is not to jump or run...for 3 more months....he is so stir crazy...he throws himself into the sliding glass door when the other dog, jake is false barking....and there was a turkey in the yard today...so that will make him crazy tracking it...he has broken his choke collar...that was an ahh damn moment...he has jerked the lease handle out of my hand....

Well, Daisy is not very happy with me right now. Antibiotics twice a day plus the thyroid medicine is not her idea of a good time.

Three days more or less of the antibiotic and then it should be easier. The thyroid is pretty easy to adminster and the taste isn't so bad apparently. The problem with the thyroid medicine is Daisy is still adjusting to it. Seems to upset her tummy at 0.5ml. I'm using 0.4nl for now and I'll move up as she tolerates it better.

Forum List

Back