D O M A dems deny dey dummies....

JoeBlam

Rookie
Jun 1, 2013
Now that the Supremes are more interested in pop culture than the Constitution, we see homos marrying each other to the cheers of the leftists who denied them that right for years. Yep, it wasn't the "Christian Right Wing" that authored the Defense of Marriage Act...it was BILL CLINTON and his shysters on the left trying to convince America they were normal. We've always known otherwise but this is too funny to ignore: :lol:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called Wednesday’s Supreme Court ruling striking down the Defense of Marriage Act “a great, historic day for equality in America.”

He went on: “The idea that allowing two loving, committed people to marry would have a negative impact on anyone else, or on our nation as a whole, has always struck me as absurd.”

Pretty strong words from a guy who voted for the Defense of Marriage Act.

obamagayglobe.jpg

But Reid isn’t the only one. There was a long line of prominent Democrats Wednesday who all queued up to applaud the Supreme Court for striking down DOMA — even though they voted for it when it passed in 1996.

Even Bill Clinton — who signed the bill into law — heralded the court’s decision.

“By overturning the Defense of Marriage Act, the Court recognized that discrimination towards any group holds us all back in our efforts to form a more perfect union,” Clinton said in a statement also signed by Hillary Clinton.

Virtually all of the Democrats say, “move on, nothing to see here” — they dropped their support for DOMA years ago. But the Supreme Court ruling allowed them to blast their words of praise to the world without a hint of regret over DOMA — or even an acknowledgment that they had any role in making it the law of the land.

(Also on POLITICO: SCOTUS gay marriage rulings reshape landscape)

Like Sen. Chuck Schumer, who declared that “the Supreme Court did the right thing here and helps us understand that the march to equality in America is unstoppable.” He voted for DOMA as a House member in 1996.

So did Sen. Dick Durbin, who said the ruling “reaffirmed a founding principle of our nation: equal justice under the law.”

And what about Patrick Leahy, who was ready to put the immigration bill at risk over an amendment to let same-sex couples sponsor immigrant spouses to get their green cards — and who declared that the ruling “confirms my belief that the Constitution protects the rights of all Americans”?

He voted for DOMA in the Senate, too.

They’ve got plenty of company in the club. House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer cheered on the Supreme Court even though he voted for DOMA. So did Rep. Rosa DeLauro, who’s rarely, if ever, accused of being a moderate Democrat. And so did Sens. Ben Cardin and Robert Menendez, both of whom were in the House when they voted for the law.

Their changes of heart were the latest example of how thoroughly the politics of same-sex marriage have turned around for Democrats since President Barack Obama announced his support for it in May 2012. It’s not that these Democrats voted for the law themselves, of course — they had plenty of other Democrats on their side, as well as the wall-t0-wall support of the Republicans who were in Congress at the time.

Read more: Dems who backed DOMA laud its end - David Nather - POLITICO.com

Last edited:
Queers make my stomach turn.

There will be a lot of pastors partaking in civil disobedience once this bullshit takes the next step.

I'm certain they'll be thrown in a gulag.

Any priest or minister who participates in a gay marriage will be on the level of an abortion doctor and will earn his place in hell.

Yes, I know the details of the case so don't bore me with your insolent legal babbling. We know where this is headed. You win. Congrats.

Enjoy the world you've created you weak minded slaves.

We've had gay marriage in Canada for 10 years now. The country has not gone to hell in a handbasket, our children are not being "recruited" to the gay life. Really, for non-gays, nothing has changed.

The opposition to allowing gays to marry makes no logical sense whatsoever. But then conservatives get a huge fail in logic every time.

Poor Conservatives........their world is crumbling around them

Lost on Obamacare
Lost on DADT
Lost on protecting tax cuts for billionaires
Lost on DOMA
Lost on making Obama a one term president

Sucks being a conservative

• Banned

Lost on Obamacare
Lost on DADT
Lost on DOMA

Country now another $7T in debt.
No jobs.
Military gutted and turned into Frenchies.
DOMA defeated by those who invented it....truly bizarre and obvious pandering
Benghazi.
IRS targeting
NSA spying on every American
Fast & Furious
No border fence
ICE no longer taking detainees.
Barry-Care already bankrupt begging for donors.
Billion$ lost on crooked solar scams.
Russian "reset" blows up in his face
ME Missle-defense gutted for Putin...(see above)
Egypt lost to muslim brotherhood
Libya lost to al-Qaida
Syria....almost 100K dead....Hussein's red-line a joke
Iran on it's way to A-bombs
N. Korea laughing in our face
EPA trying to shut down fracking
No Keystone XL
Had enough? :eusa_eh:

Lost on Obamacare
Lost on DADT
Lost on DOMA

No jobs.
Benghazi.
IRS targeting
Fast & Furious
No border fence
Libya lost to al-Qaida
No Keystone XL

I was going to respond but your claims are too deceptive

Turned into frenchies? Save the propaganda

Last edited:
Well, Ms. Prejean's credibitility wasn't helped when topless photos of her showed up, either.

The president changed his mind on this issue. So has much of the country.

Not seeing the problem here, other than you guys being upset that one more set of Rubes are being thrown under the bus by the Plutocrats.

Lost on Obamacare
Lost on DADT
Lost on DOMA

No jobs.
Benghazi.
IRS targeting
Fast & Furious
No border fence
Libya lost to al-Qaida
No Keystone XL

Next time the spanking will involve a rolled-up newspaper...my hand hurts. :doubt:

No jobs.
Benghazi.
IRS targeting
Fast & Furious
No border fence
Libya lost to al-Qaida
No Keystone XL

Next time the spanking will involve a rolled-up newspaper...my hand hurts. :doubt:

I realize you put a lot of effort into your post but like I said, it is not worth a response

Try to post something serious next time and you may get a serious reply

Now that the Supremes are more interested in pop culture than the Constitution, we see homos marrying each other to the cheers of the leftists who denied them that right for years. Yep, it wasn't the "Christian Right Wing" that authored the Defense of Marriage Act...it was BILL CLINTON and his shysters on the left trying to convince America they were normal. We've always known otherwise but this is too funny to ignore: :lol:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called Wednesday’s Supreme Court ruling striking down the Defense of Marriage Act “a great, historic day for equality in America.”

He went on: “The idea that allowing two loving, committed people to marry would have a negative impact on anyone else, or on our nation as a whole, has always struck me as absurd.”

Pretty strong words from a guy who voted for the Defense of Marriage Act.

obamagayglobe.jpg

But Reid isn’t the only one. There was a long line of prominent Democrats Wednesday who all queued up to applaud the Supreme Court for striking down DOMA — even though they voted for it when it passed in 1996.

Even Bill Clinton — who signed the bill into law — heralded the court’s decision.

“By overturning the Defense of Marriage Act, the Court recognized that discrimination towards any group holds us all back in our efforts to form a more perfect union,” Clinton said in a statement also signed by Hillary Clinton.

Virtually all of the Democrats say, “move on, nothing to see here” — they dropped their support for DOMA years ago. But the Supreme Court ruling allowed them to blast their words of praise to the world without a hint of regret over DOMA — or even an acknowledgment that they had any role in making it the law of the land.

(Also on POLITICO: SCOTUS gay marriage rulings reshape landscape)

Like Sen. Chuck Schumer, who declared that “the Supreme Court did the right thing here and helps us understand that the march to equality in America is unstoppable.” He voted for DOMA as a House member in 1996.

So did Sen. Dick Durbin, who said the ruling “reaffirmed a founding principle of our nation: equal justice under the law.”

And what about Patrick Leahy, who was ready to put the immigration bill at risk over an amendment to let same-sex couples sponsor immigrant spouses to get their green cards — and who declared that the ruling “confirms my belief that the Constitution protects the rights of all Americans”?

He voted for DOMA in the Senate, too.

They’ve got plenty of company in the club. House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer cheered on the Supreme Court even though he voted for DOMA. So did Rep. Rosa DeLauro, who’s rarely, if ever, accused of being a moderate Democrat. And so did Sens. Ben Cardin and Robert Menendez, both of whom were in the House when they voted for the law.

Their changes of heart were the latest example of how thoroughly the politics of same-sex marriage have turned around for Democrats since President Barack Obama announced his support for it in May 2012. It’s not that these Democrats voted for the law themselves, of course — they had plenty of other Democrats on their side, as well as the wall-t0-wall support of the Republicans who were in Congress at the time.

Read more: Dems who backed DOMA laud its end - David Nather - POLITICO.com

President Clinton signed DOMA because the vote indictated it was Veto proof and he had a re-election coming up. Politics? You bet. But...............now DOMA is gone gone gone.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Queers make my stomach turn.

There will be a lot of pastors partaking in civil disobedience once this bullshit takes the next step.

I'm certain they'll be thrown in a gulag.

Any priest or minister who participates in a gay marriage will be on the level of an abortion doctor and will earn his place in hell.

Yes, I know the details of the case so don't bore me with your insolent legal babbling. We know where this is headed. You win. Congrats.

Enjoy the world you've created you weak minded slaves.

Will those ministers be thrown in the same super secret gulag where they threw the ministers who refused to perform interracial and interfaith weddings?

Well, Ms. Prejean's credibitility wasn't helped when topless photos of her showed up, either.

The president changed his mind on this issue. So has much of the country.

Not seeing the problem here, other than you guys being upset that one more set of Rubes are being thrown under the bus by the Plutocrats.

Of course you don't see the problem. You're a flaming hypocrite.

Obama and Prejean said the exact same thing. The left attacked her and gave him a pass.

Hypocrites. Period.

Forum List

Back