Current Movies

What are your thoughts on current movies (movies made in 2020, 2021 and 2022)...?

Why must there be a political agenda in all movies? Or is it me? Can't a movie just be about reality, and not some propaganda of what people feel 'should be

Slim pickins for sure. What type movies do you like?

True stories,
horror
musicals

What are your thoughts on current movies (movies made in 2020, 2021 and 2022)...?

Why must there be a political agenda in all movies? Or is it me? Can't a movie just be about reality, and not some propaganda of what people feel 'should be'?
Yes it's you and it's me.
The fact is we politized everything these days.
We see a movie and the family is praying we see a conservative agenda.
We see a movie with scenes about battered wives and we see a liberal agenda
We see a movie disusing patriotists and we see a conservative agenda.
We see a movie of police beating up a black man and conclude it's liberal.

Last edited:

Why must there be a political agenda in all movies? Or is it me? Can't a movie just be about reality, and not some propaganda of what people feel 'should be'?
Don't see many current movies but I saw “Being the Ricardos”. Thought it was pretty good but not great. Kidman did such a good job of playing Lucille Ball, the audience, in my living room didn't want to spend this much time with her.

One of highlights of the movie was Sorkin's handling of Lucy's pregnancy. At a time when on-screen married couples were shown to sleep in separate beds, the P-word was too controversial for TV. There had never been a pregnancy on any show on television. In those day TV kids came from the hospital.

In the movie there was great line when when Lucy was discussing her pregnancy with writers and sponsors. And the question was asked, "But what if the kids ask how she got pregnant?" Well, Lucy won out and we had a revolutionary, "I Love Lucy" episode where Ball's pregnancy was written into the show.

From that point on, it became ok for women to be pregnant on TV shows. Before long there were hints that something might be happening in the bedroom after the light went out. And this was just the beginning. So today we can blame the downfall of American decency on Lucy.

Forum List

Back