Cross country coach outta line!

A

archangel

Last Friday my grandaughter was attending a cross country meet in Lake Tahoe...As she and her team lined up the Coach from one of the teams "Austin" told his kids to take out the "VC" kids this was in front of my grandaughter and her VC team...My grandaughter as spunky as she is said to the Austin coach..."What is your problem? we have done nothing to you!

One of the girls on the Austin team gave my grandaughter a dirty look and said "I will put you in a ditch"! My spunky grandaughter said "We will see who goes in the ditch"...During the run the Austin boys closed a gate on one of the VC boys(hurting his arm)...my grandaughter saw it and got really mad...as she was taking a turn the Austin girl who threatened my grandaughter attempted to trip her...well as training has it.... my grandaughter lashed out with a karate kick to the opponents thigh sending her into the ditch face first splitting her chin open...( I told my grandaughter this was not a good thing-she said G/pa you told me to only act in self defense...what could I say but your right!)

After the run my grandaughter and her team told their coach what happened...he then approached the Austin coach and chewed his perverbial ass out for getting one of his kids hurt with his unfair and un- sportsmanship conduct.

All said and done my grandaughter finished 21st out of 45 and the team finished 5th out of 15 teams...looks like they will be going to the state finals in Las Vegas!

Any coach that isn't a boxing coach that says the words, "Take out" in a sentence concerning the other tream is simply one of the crappiest coaches in the world that cannot believe that he can win without cheating. Anybody with such an attitude shouldn't even be on any team at all, and certainly should never be a coach. If I were your g-daughter's coach I would have reported the other coach for such unethical conduct.

no1tovote4 said:
Any coach that isn't a boxing coach that says the words, "Take out" in a sentence concerning the other tream is simply one of the crappiest coaches in the world that cannot believe that he can win without cheating. Anybody with such an attitude shouldn't even be on any team at all, and certainly should never be a coach. If I were your g-daughter's coach I would have reported the other coach for such unethical conduct.

That or just send your granddaughter after the coach. :laugh:

no1tovote4 said:

I asked my grandaughter about this...she said her coach advised him that if this attitude continued he would be reported...and he immediately told his team to stay away from the VC kids...however my grandaughter told me they already were (staying far away) as they said to her "we learned our lesson well! and apologized! :eek:

dilloduck said:
That or just send your granddaughter after the coach. :laugh:

he was all mouth and his kids payed the price...besides she might hurt him!...lol :laugh:

archangel said:
I asked my grandaughter about this...she said her coach advised him that if this attitude continued he would be reported...and he immediately told his team to stay away from the VC kids...however my grandaughter told me they already were (staying far away) as they said to her "we learned our lesson well! and apologized! :eek:

Still, this solves your immediate problem. They no longer will go against your g-daughter or anyone on her team, yet the coach didn't say, "Don't ever attempt to 'take out' another runner in the future again!" which would likely be the only answer I would take from him without reporting him as soon as I returned.

no1tovote4 said:
Still, this solves your immediate problem. They no longer will go against your g-daughter or anyone on her team, yet the coach didn't say, "Don't ever attempt to 'take out' another runner in the future again!" which would likely be the only answer I would take from him without reporting him as soon as I returned.

however I know her coach quite well..he is a great coach and actually runs with the kids during practice...he is very encouraging and will act if necessary...I think his approach made a dent on the other coaches aspirations...he did take notes to use if necessary later...! :cof:

Forum List

Back