Cracker Barrel is now Racist.

Hey....if the name keeps out the undesirables it's a win,win.
And you can bet you'll never see a black person working there so you have a much better chance of not getting your breakfast spit on by a malcontent.

I've seen a number of black personnel, and black customers, at the Cracker Barrel I used to go to.

Myself.
So I guess it makes the whole idea that they're racist a ridiculous notion.

What racist.

old time General Stores had cracker barrels in most of their stores.

many old timers would talk about anything and everything while nibbling on crackers.

There are some very sick people on this planet.

The 'Cracker Barrel' refers to a country barrel full of crackers that you eat.

The slang word of calling someone a "cracker" comes from the days of western cowboys (all white) who used to guide cattle using bullwhips where they would snap them to get the steer to go the way they wanted. The whips would make a "crack" in the air as they were snapped so these cowboys got the name "crackers."

NEITHER has anything to do with blacks nor race.

Hey....if the name keeps out the undesirables it's a win,win.
And you can bet you'll never see a black person working there so you have a much better chance of not getting your breakfast spit on by a malcontent.
LOL..last cracker barrel i was in had not one white person working while i was there! Too funny!

now?

It always has been. I would not even go to that place because of it's racism.

Racism?

did you ever see any black cheese there? :afro:

I don't remember seeing black cheese ANYWHERE!

exactly the entire cheese industry is racist!

no the entire cheese industry...

never heard of blue cheese?

I am upset I never see any child laborers in Cheesecake Factory. It isn't a true factory unless there are some major labor violations going on.

The slang word of calling someone a "cracker" comes from the days of western cowboys (all white) who used to guide cattle using bullwhips where they would snap them to get the steer to go the way they wanted. The whips would make a "crack" in the air as they were snapped so these cowboys got the name "crackers."

Thank you, Ken Jennings

Yup..Georgia 'crackers' drove their herds down to Florida every year--as to not having anything to do with race...well..i bet there weren't a lot of black crackers...LOL!

Old slave chant from about 1840, punishable by whipping if heard by a the wrong white man:

I'd rather be a n****r and work like heck
Than be a hill trash cracker with a long red neck

Yup..Georgia 'crackers' drove their herds down to Florida every year--as to not having anything to do with race...well..i bet there weren't a lot of black crackers...LOL!

Old slave chant from about 1840, punishable by whipping if heard by a the wrong white man:

I'd rather be a n****r and work like heck
Than be a hill trash cracker with a long red neck

Yes. That's all white southerners did all day long, whip negroes from sunup to sundown. they had really big arms from doing that 18 hours a day 7 days a week. That's why there are almost no blacks in America today, from all the deaths from whippings making them extinct.

Forum List

Back