COVID: What's next?

15 April — Common asthma medicine could shave days off COVID illness

A clinical trial in more than 4,600 people at risk of serious COVID-19 found that an inhalable asthma medication shortened the duration of disease symptoms by about 3 days.

The asthma drug budesonide is an inexpensive and widely available inhalable steroid. Christopher Butler and Richard Hobbs at the University of Oxford, UK, and their colleagues tested budesonide in people who had COVID-19 symptoms but were not hospitalized (PRINCIPLE Collaborative Group et al. Preprint at medRxiv Inhaled budesonide for COVID-19 in people at higher risk of adverse outcomes in the community: interim analyses from the PRINCIPLE trial; 2021).

Participants either were over the age of 65 or were more than 50 years old and had conditions that increased their risk of COVID-19 complications. Participants were randomly assigned to either receive the drug or serve in a control group, but none took a placebo. Both participants and investigators knew who had received the drug.

Those who took budesonide twice daily for two weeks reported that their COVID-19 symptoms ended three days earlier than those who did not use the steroid. The results have not yet been peer reviewed.
Not yet peer reviewed you say? Well, that doesn't matter today....It only mattered when Trump wanted to promote Hydroxy to help...But, you couldn't abide that then could you?

Hadn't heard about this:

This plan accelerates and expands the Administration’s ongoing efforts to support clinical trials to test prioritized drug candidates for COVID-19 and to support the advanced development of promising therapies. Working through an unprecedented public-private partnership called ACTIV (Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutics and Vaccines), 19 therapeutic agents have been prioritized for testing in rigorous clinical trials for outpatients and inpatients with COVID-19. Having additional FDA-authorized antiviral medicines available within a year would be a major breakthrough in ongoing efforts to combat COVID-19 and protect the public, which is why last week the Administration announced it would procure more than 1.5 million regimens of a Merck investigational antiviral treatment, should it receive emergency use authorization.

You will never defeat a virus…

You can contain it and limit the amounts of death…

Your first sentence is a lie.

Small pox is a virus. It was defeated in the United States in 1977.

Polio is a virus. It was defeated the United States in 1979.

Rubella is a virus. It was defeated in the United States in 2004.

I can go on with viruses that the United States has defeated but I know you will ignore facts and keep spewing the lies.

I can go on with viruses that the United States has defeated but I know you will ignore facts and keep spewing the lies.
Well, that was back when we (a) existed in the same reality, and (b) worked together to tackle problems.

We have to do things the hard way now.

What...the fuck...do you think you're babbling about?

You're completely lost, huh little one?

Lush: 600K vaccinated people in Florida died from Covid

Lush: People in Florida staying inside because it's hot reduces spreading Covid

You're WAY too lost to be asking me what I mean, LOL

Evidently there has been an uptick in the rate of people being vaccinated, so I suppose it's possible there will be a positive effect there.

Either way, it's just good to know that we're working on the back end, the treatments.

Also, we know that this has been a huge learning experience within medical science, so we can hope for new breakthroughs.

But otherwise, I've had it with the vax vs. anti-vax slap fight. It's a little depressing.

There is a portion of our nation that will never get the vaccination.

There are some who will get the vaccination when a republican is president. We have at least one of them on this board.

I've given up trying to get them to change their minds. It's a waste of time.

I believe that natural selection will do it's job.

Meanwhile new treatments are being developed.

It could end up being reduced to a treatable virus with the new treatment.

Well, that was back when we (a) existed in the same reality, and (b) worked together to tackle problems.

We have to do things the hard way now.
LOL....You don't have a clue...Your first mistake is in the same thread you opine about the division in America surrounding this virus, you then ad hom your ideological opponents accusing them as being untethered from reality..What a putz you are.

Says the lying bitch that said that those that were vaccinated have not died from Covid, and also notice in the United States of America and yet the virus still exists in the World, so let see you and Mac try to spin it you fucking liar!

There are some who will get the vaccination when a republican is president. We have at least one of them on this board.

I think that's the best we can hope for. The concern is that the variants will outpace the treatments, but there's not much we can do about that now.

I don't know about an anti body test but there most certainly is an OTC covid test:

Amazon product

There are many places to get one.

I agree things will develop in time. According to science. Not according to the raving lunatics.

I know that. They average anywhere from $25 to $40 dollars. That's not cheap, even if you're well off.

And you know how?

You said no one has died from the virus that has been vaccinated and you lied about the viruses also!

Also from your links it is well known the Viruses still exist outside this country and are brought in from time to time, so I am correct you can not eliminate the fucking virus you stupid fuck!

Last edited:
No one said that.

Why do you have to lie to make your point?
Yes she did!

Want a damn link?

She sure did say people will not die if they are vaccinated!

Forum List

Back