COVID: What's next?

But what you are concerned about is that TRUMPERS not get blamed.

And because they ARE being blamed (rightfully so considering the fact that half still refuse the vax) you feel triggered.

You poor little snowflake
Dumbass, what should be easy to see what my concern is - is the wrong people are getting targeted.
The cities are where Covid strikes the most. Obviously. The more crowded an area is, the more spread. Duh.
And across America's cities the story is the same... look at the vaccination maps. Over and over and over... minority areas, you are lucky to see above 35% vaccinated. In established neighborhoods... 60% and higher. Many breaking the 70% mark. TWICE as vaccinated than minority neighborhoods.
Ah - but not a word about that!... Noooo... that wouldn't fit the narrative.

This is the part that mistifies me a bit. I would have thought that these would have been important priorities for combatting the virus (along with vaccines and other measures)

1) An inexpensive COVID test that is rapid and accurate (OTC).
2) A rapid and accurate COVID anti-body test. (Again OTC)

I believe the treatments (even OTC ones) will come eventually with time. And they won't involve
the latest miracle cure, injecting disinfectants, or sticking UV lights where the sun don't shine. :)

I don't know about an anti body test but there most certainly is an OTC covid test:

Amazon product ASIN B093NLPMZF
There are many places to get one.

I agree things will develop in time. According to science. Not according to the raving lunatics.

Dumbass, what should be easy to see what my concern is - is the wrong people are getting targeted.
The cities are where Covid strikes the most. Obviously. The more crowded an area is, the more spread. Duh.
And across America's cities the story is the same... look at the vaccination maps. Over and over and over... minority areas, you are lucky to see above 35% vaccinated. In established neighborhoods... 60% and higher. Many breaking the 70% mark. TWICE as vaccinated than minority neighborhoods.
Ah - but not a word about that!... Noooo... that wouldn't fit the narrative.
Well, you racist! :auiqs.jpg:

How dare you say anything negative about minority neighborhoods....lol

I don't know about an anti body test but there most certainly is an OTC covid test:

Amazon product ASIN B093NLPMZF
There are many places to get one.

I agree things will develop in time. According to science. Not according to the raving lunatics.
How can you even debate correctly when you don't even know what's available?

"SARS-CoV-2 antibody (often referred to as serology) tests look for antibodies in a sample to determine if an individual has had a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19.

snip

Many antibody tests are currently in development or available for use to detect antibodies to SARS-CoV-2."

I don't think that we have failed.

Just because stupid people make the bad choice to not vaccinate doesn't mean we have failed in the battle with the virus.

We just have to take a different approach because the stupid people rejected the best approach so the best approach isn't going to work.
Evidently there has been an uptick in the rate of people being vaccinated, so I suppose it's possible there will be a positive effect there.

Either way, it's just good to know that we're working on the back end, the treatments.

Also, we know that this has been a huge learning experience within medical science, so we can hope for new breakthroughs.

But otherwise, I've had it with the vax vs. anti-vax slap fight. It's a little depressing.

Evidently there has been an uptick in the rate of people being vaccinated, so I suppose it's possible there will be a positive effect there.

Either way, it's just good to know that we're working on the back end, the treatments.

Also, we know that this has been a huge learning experience within medical science, so we can hope for new breakthroughs.

But otherwise, I've had it with the vax vs. anti-vax slap fight. It's a little depressing.
Yet you are still a participating partisan in the "slapfight"....

Is there anything you are not hypocritical about?

15 April — Common asthma medicine could shave days off COVID illness

A clinical trial in more than 4,600 people at risk of serious COVID-19 found that an inhalable asthma medication shortened the duration of disease symptoms by about 3 days.

The asthma drug budesonide is an inexpensive and widely available inhalable steroid. Christopher Butler and Richard Hobbs at the University of Oxford, UK, and their colleagues tested budesonide in people who had COVID-19 symptoms but were not hospitalized (PRINCIPLE Collaborative Group et al. Preprint at medRxiv Inhaled budesonide for COVID-19 in people at higher risk of adverse outcomes in the community: interim analyses from the PRINCIPLE trial; 2021).

Participants either were over the age of 65 or were more than 50 years old and had conditions that increased their risk of COVID-19 complications. Participants were randomly assigned to either receive the drug or serve in a control group, but none took a placebo. Both participants and investigators knew who had received the drug.

Those who took budesonide twice daily for two weeks reported that their COVID-19 symptoms ended three days earlier than those who did not use the steroid. The results have not yet been peer reviewed.

Forum List

Back