Covid Vaccines Show Strong Protection Against Delta Variant

Ahh found an article listing NUMBERS on Breakthrough infections....Seems the vaccines are harder on women than men (the opposite of the virus itself). I don't see a big improvement in taking the vaccine...

These so-called breakthrough infections occurred among people of all ages. Just over 40% were in people age 60 or older, and 65% occurred in women. Twenty-nine percent of infected people reported no symptoms, but 7% were hospitalized and just over 1%, 74 people, died, according to the CDC.

less than 6k breakthrough cases out of 78 million fully vaccinated at the time. These are amazing results. Thank you for posting this.

Covid "hides out" inside of people with immunity and then attacks those without? Talk about pulling shit out of your ass! You obviously don't have a clue what it is that you're talking about!
Wrong. You must be anti-science. Lol

In fact, in June 2020, the World Health Organization admitted that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 is “very rare.” Furthermore, a study of almost 10 million people in Wuhan, China in December 2020 found that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 did not occur at all.

In an interview featured in the masterfully produced documentary, “Following the Science?,” former Pfizer vice president and Chief Scientist for Allergy & Respiratory, Dr. Michael Yeadon, stated, “this idea that you can be ill, even though you have no symptoms, and you can be a respiratory virus threat to someone else … [was] invented in 2020. There’s simply no history of it. And it defies common sense as well.”

Wrong. You must be anti-science. Lol

In fact, in June 2020, the World Health Organization admitted that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 is “very rare.” Furthermore, a study of almost 10 million people in Wuhan, China in December 2020 found that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 did not occur at all.

In an interview featured in the masterfully produced documentary, “Following the Science?,” former Pfizer vice president and Chief Scientist for Allergy & Respiratory, Dr. Michael Yeadon, stated, “this idea that you can be ill, even though you have no symptoms, and you can be a respiratory virus threat to someone else … [was] invented in 2020. There’s simply no history of it. And it defies common sense as well.”

That was sarcasm on my part, Gipper! Go have your morning coffee...you're a bit "slow" today!

This is good news.

The delta variant is the one that ravaged India.

Yes that's good news, but remember when the last dream was around there were no breakthrough cases. I want this variant we're starting to see breakthrough cases. The virus is getting stronger. What do you think is going to happen when one of the next named strains say Epsilon or Zeta oçcur ? Sooner or later no one will be safe. This virus is the one medical experts have been fearing would come along and change the makeup of the human race.

Godd news except its wrong.

Pfizer vaccine only 39% effective against Delta.
United States has 182 million people that are at least partially vaccinated if not fully vaccinated. So far there've only been six thousand breakthrough cases and then you're not in the US. Of those most did not need hospitalization or die from it and their symptoms were mild. Conversely young vaccinated are winding filling up our hospitals and dying. I don't know what the current counters but I think we're up to 50,000 cases a day. You do the math, the vaccinated are certainly winning.

United States has 182 million people that are at least partially vaccinated if not fully vaccinated. So far there've only been six thousand breakthrough cases and then you're not in the US. Of those most did not need hospitalization or die from it and their symptoms were mild. Conversely young vaccinated are winding filling up our hospitals and dying. I don't know what the current counters but I think we're up to 50,000 cases a day. You do the math, the vaccinated are certainly winning.
I have arthritis in my fingers I use a voice machine to print out the words they don't always come out right the last part is about the unvaccinated not vaccinated I should have proof read it but the screen so tiny afterwards disappear before you're done with your statement

Pfizer’s booster is designed to make Delta disappear.
how+convenient+church+lady.jpg

Yes that's good news, but remember when the last dream was around there were no breakthrough cases. I want this variant we're starting to see breakthrough cases. The virus is getting stronger. What do you think is going to happen when one of the next named strains say Epsilon or Zeta oçcur ? Sooner or later no one will be safe. This virus is the one medical experts have been fearing would come along and change the makeup of the human race.
Viruses don't get stronger as they mutate, ignoramus.

Viruses don't get stronger as they mutate, ignoramus.
There are now over 12,000 strains of this virus, you are correct for the most part; most of these variants aren't anymore. Aggressive and virulent. However, up till now, there weren't any breakthrough cases. The Delta Fair is the first to do this. If you're stronger, and if it's allowed to mutate further, it could produce an even stronger strain Epsilon ? Zeta ? From which no one would be safe. That's the danger of not having everybody vaccinated. It poses a threat to all of us.

There are now over 12,000 strains of this virus, you are correct for the most part; most of these variants aren't anymore. Aggressive and virulent. However, up till now, there weren't any breakthrough cases. The Delta Fair is the first to do this. If you're stronger, and if it's allowed to mutate further, it could produce an even stronger strain Epsilon ? Zeta ? From which no one would be safe. That's the danger of not having everybody vaccinated. It poses a threat to all of us.
up till now, there weren't any breakthrough cases.

Up until recently, there were no mutations to break through, Captain Obvious.

The sad part of all this, is the last holdouts for the vaccination will probably wait until too many of their children have died. Viruses are opportunist, they search for weak links and exploit them.

up till now, there weren't any breakthrough cases.

Up until recently, there were no mutations to break through, Captain Obvious.
Correct, that means this variant of the virus is getting stronger.

Forum List

Back