Court ruled mandates okay for health facilities. What if we had government healthcare?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Even the more conservative court ruled that mandates were not constitutional for businesses, but said they were constitutional for health facilities like hospitals and nursing homes. Why is that? Because government is providing Medicare and Medicaid to these facilities.

Unless I have this wrong, if government programs gives government the right to permit such mandates because government money is involved, what would happen if we all had government socialized healthcare? According to this ruling, government would be able to mandate everybody be vaccinated because all our care would be provided by government money. No choice unless you claimed a religious exemption.

I hope nobody from the Democrat party is on USMB because I don't want to give them any more bright ideas, but would this ruling also mean that anybody on Medicare, Medicaid, and even SCHIP's could be forced to take the vaccine if the Dems made a new mandate requiring it? The way I understand it, it seems that they could, of course it would be extremely unpopular. But they are so hell bent on getting everybody vaxed, it wouldn't surprise me if they'd try it.

Last edited:
I read the decision as only applying to workers at those medical facilities, not its customers...but you could be right.

Also implicit in these decisions is the fact that a government agent can decide *which* vaccine the people must get. Right now, there are a large number of different ones available. But what if you want to get one you feel more confident in, such as the newly developed Corbevax? Will they accept that health care choice as meeting the requirement, or not? The federal government seems to be intent on making more and more decisions for us, where will it stop?

I think, if the government is providing your healthcare, they would just refuse to give you treatment if you didn't follow their "advice" on, say, taking a vaccine.
That's pretty much what the left is fantasizing about now, with their incessant virtue signaling and sabre rattling.

I think, if the government is providing your healthcare, they would just refuse to give you treatment if you didn't follow their "advice" on, say, taking a vaccine.
That's pretty much what the left is fantasizing about now, with their incessant virtue signaling and sabre rattling.
That is what I want. 99% of covid patients admitted to hospital are unvaccinated or vaccination has expired. Less than 1% have had their booster. Ambulances were waiting 8 hours to get patients into ER due to massive influx of covids.

Anyone not following Doctors orders or unvaccinated, should be denied any tax payer funded or subsidized care. Massive tax savings & better care for those who appreciate the hard work & sacrifice of the medical community.

That is what I want. 99% of covid patients admitted to hospital are unvaccinated or vaccination has expired. Less than 1% have had their booster. Ambulances were waiting 8 hours to get patients into ER due to massive influx of covids.

Anyone not following Doctors orders or unvaccinated, should be denied any tax payer funded or subsidized care. Massive tax savings & better care for those who appreciate the hard work & sacrifice of the medical community.
"Doctors orders"????

If your doctor can order you to accept any medical treatment, that means he owns your body, and that makes you a slave.

I hope you like being a slave, but you're going to have to eventually learn to deal with the fact that others don't. And won't.

Some conservatives seem to mistakenly believe that there won't still be private health care if we have a public option for people that can't afford private healthcare.

Jeez, people, it's time to step away from the medical industrial complex. They think they own you. THEY THINK THEY OWN YOU!!!!!!!!!!! It's time to bring them down. You are not a slave.

Look at what we're doing to the media by simply refusing to watch! They are screeching in desperation as they go down in flames! We can do the same thing to the MIC. Just refuse to give them access. They have worked very hard for well over a hundred years to convince you that you cannot survive without them. THEY HAVE YOU THINKING THAT YOU CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT THEM. That makes them parasites.

Just say no.

Some conservatives seem to mistakenly believe that there won't still be private health care if we have a public option for people that can't afford private healthcare.
right. while you are forced to pay for everyone else heath care, you still have the option of buying it privately for yourself.

just like SS.

And many years from now, a new generation can wonder WTF happened to the money that was supposed to be there for health care. Much like we do now with SS.

Some people never learn.

Even the more conservative court ruled that mandates were not constitutional for businesses, but said they were constitutional for health facilities like hospitals and nursing homes. Why is that? Because government is providing Medicare and Medicaid to these facilities.

Unless I have this wrong, if government programs gives government the right to permit such mandates because government money is involved, what would happen if we all had government socialized healthcare? According to this ruling, government would be able to mandate everybody be vaccinated because all our care would be provided by government money. No choice unless you claimed a religious exemption.

I hope nobody from the Democrat party is on USMB because I don't want to give them any more bright ideas, but would this ruling also mean that anybody on Medicare, Medicaid, and even SCHIP's could be forced to take the vaccine if the Dems made a new mandate requiring it? The way I understand it, it seems that they could, of course it would be extremely unpopular. But they are so hell bent on getting everybody vaxed, it wouldn't surprise me if they'd try it.

Your reasoning is a little backwards. The mandate remains because the government has the ability to demand standards for businesses who are going to contract with it to provide medical care and be reimbursed through Medicare/Medicaid.

Those who are receiving Medicare/Medicaid have no such obligations. It's totally different.

If democrats have their way all hospitals and such will be absorbed into the government oversight.

I think part of what they want is for them to push covid shit so far, and make enough staff quit that things will get so out of hand and people so scared that the government can step in and say "ok ok things are out of control and the American people need help so today an emergency action to bring healthcare under government rule so we can protect all Americans. Don't worry, were to help you". And then it's allover.

If democrats have their way all hospitals and such will be absorbed into the government oversight.

I think part of what they want is for them to push covid shit so far, and make enough staff quit that things will get so out of hand and people so scared that the government can step in and say "ok ok things are out of control and the American people need help so today an emergency action to bring healthcare under government rule so we can protect all Americans. Don't worry, were to help you". And then it's allover.
20 times more staff has quit to avoid being infected by unvaccinated repubtards, than ever quit because of vaccine mandates.

Ok I read both links.

I did not see anywhere in them that "20 times more staff has quit to avoid being infected by unvaccinated repubtards, than ever quit because of vaccine mandates" as you claimed. I saw no mention of anyone quitting because of unvaccinated co workers.

So again, credible proof please.

Ok I read both links.

I did not see anywhere in them that "20 times more staff has quit to avoid being infected by unvaccinated repubtards, than ever quit because of vaccine mandates" as you claimed. I saw no mention of anyone quitting because of unvaccinated co workers.

So again, credible proof please.
I read it as well. It didn't make the same claims the poster made.

not even close.

Your reasoning is a little backwards. The mandate remains because the government has the ability to demand standards for businesses who are going to contract with it to provide medical care and be reimbursed through Medicare/Medicaid.

Those who are receiving Medicare/Medicaid have no such obligations. It's totally different.
The costs of the elderly which I am getting to be more of is expensive. Real expensive......real real expensive. There are other groups that are. But this is a start.

Wow, what a dictatorial asshole you are.

Many intelligent people realize that public healthcare will be shitty as long as private care competes with it. Do you want a two-tiered system?
Also, people who want to go private, AKA the wealthy, shouldn't have to fund the public system as they are paying their own way. Then your beloved public system gets even longer wait times, shittier service, and attracts the worst doctors. The top doctors will go where they can make the most money.
That's the problem with libtards, they think with their emotions and rarely consider the consequences of their feel-good-now shitty ideas.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back