Could America defeat an American guerrilla war?

We side with Truth, Justice and the American Way

Your side attacked our Capitol
You side with Lenin and Stalin.

Our side held a harmless demonstration in the Capitol, no damage, no casualties except you guys killed one of ours.

Your side burns whole cities down over and over and loots and shoots and raids every liquor store and every other store except bookstores while they are rioting. Your side has raised the murder rate in all U.S. cities. Your side has thrown open the border to any criminals coming from Latin America or anywhere else they want to infiltrate from.

You side with Lenin and Stalin.

Our side held a harmless demonstration in the Capitol, no damage, no casualties except you guys killed one of ours.

Your side burns whole cities down over and over and loots and shoots and raids every liquor store and every other store except bookstores while they are rioting. Your side has raised the murder rate in all U.S. cities. Your side has thrown open the border to any criminals coming from Latin America or anywhere else they want to infiltrate from.
Both are long dead

You side with Putin, you always have
Putin cheered when you attacked our Democracy

Irish War of Independence - This was a guerrilla war. No direct confrontation, just quickly engage, do what damage you can and withdraw.

Basically, if a rebel was spotted and ran for it, he could run into any nearby house, and civilians would take him in and hide him. Enormous support from the local population.

And since the British weren't going to massacre whole villages in retaliation, it worked well.

Vietnam War -- Massive support from the Soviets and Chinese. The terrain, jungles and mountains, neutralized the superiority of American firepower. Soviets supplied ground to air missiles to counter American air superiority.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Afghanistan -- Mountainous, rugged, terrain that neutralized a lot of American firepower. Enormous support from the local civilians.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Columbia -- The FARC waged a guerilla war for decades. The jungle protected them, and they made massive amounts of cash off of cocaine. They probably had a lot of local support too.

So, American guerillas waging war against America.

At most half the population would support the guerillas. The other half would be recording the guerillas every move on their smartphones and uploading it to the FBI.

Some terrain in America would be very good for waging guerilla warfare. We have mountain ranges, forest and swamps that would stop a lot of American fire power.

But we also have a lot of open areas like the whole Great Plains which would be perfect for armored vehicles and other modern military devices.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think there's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

So, I don't think a guerilla war in America would stand much of a chance.
The key to success of a guerilla war is support from the masses. In the case of the US, would the masses be defending our nation from leftists like Antifa? Or would the masses be trying to destroy the Constitution and the greatest country in world history? I can't imagine the latter so I think the masses would support the government and destroy the guerillas.

The key to success of a guerilla war is support from the masses. In the case of the US, would the masses be defending our nation from leftists like Antifa? Or would the masses be trying to destroy the Constitution and the greatest country in world history? I can't imagine the latter so I think the masses would support the government and destroy the guerillas.
How will the masses react when far right terrorists attack our Capitol and try to steal our elections?
The guerrillas would not get much sympathy from the public or our troops

No "they" didn't.
Most were released, had charges dropped, and the Leftist run cities and states declined to prosecute.

Oh really? :heehee:

Both Seattle and Portland have let most go and reduced charges on the few that still await prosecution (if ever).
Your link mentions less than 1500, and there were several times more involved across the nation.
It's also a bit dated (out of date).
Your defense of their insurrection, riots, vandalism, looting, assaults, murders, etc. dualy noted.

You're forgetting that the VAST majority of our military members are much better people than you, and would not likely obey orders to fire on their fellow Americans.

Once RW Terrorists have killed their best buddy, our troops will have no problem firing on them

The last guerilla war we had in the U.S. was during the Vietnam conflict when left wing gangs robbed banks, murdered Cops and bank guards, hijacked planes and bombed corporate headquarters, recruiting stations and government buildings. We have anarchist gangs today that ambush Cops, burn buildings and smash and grab store merchandise. The gangs can be swatted pretty quickly except when protected by the government and supported by the media.

America hasn't really been a sovereign nation since Harry Truman joined NATO.

Harry Truman & the Creation of NATO: A Brief History​

hst-nato.jpg

Leftists always operate under the mistaken belief that the military would blindly follow orders to fire on their fellow Americans.

It is not just "Leftists". I would change that to "Extremists", as a great many on the Far-Right have the exact same crazy beliefs. Just look at some of the threads in here about the Army mobilizing to come and "take their guns" and you see the exact same insanity.

A lot of people do not seem to realize that the far-left and far-right often have the exact same ideals, just coming from a different cause.

Have you noticed you giggle like a buffoon, just like our Vice President, when someone presents something you can't refute?

I have.

Prediction: You will post the same smilie once again.

It is not just "Leftists". I would change that to "Extremists", as a great many on the Far-Right have the exact same crazy beliefs. Just look at some of the threads in here about the Army mobilizing to come and "take their guns" and you see the exact same insanity.

A lot of people do not seem to realize that the far-left and far-right often have the exact same ideals, just coming from a different cause.
The far right just want to be left alone. The far left want everyone ruled by a tyrannical government.

Forum List

Back