Cop shoots man in wheel chair 9 times

The cop was not charged with murder
Wtf ???

Tucson is a very very blue city

According to this write up here, the guy who was shot had already taken out a knife. That right there is what got him shot at. Getting shot nine times I guess is the reason why the cop who shot him was fired. I agree that nine times is too many which is why the cop getting fired doesn't bother me any, but the guy taking out a knife is the only reason why a gun was even needed in the first place. What made that man with the knife think that nothing would be done to him in return? The fact that he was wheelchair bounded is irrelevant.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If you threaten a cop with a weapon you are going to get shot. When a cop shoots, they are shooting until they are sure the target is no longer a threat, which usually results in lethal force, so not sure what difference the number of shots makes. They don't stop shooting to run up and check, they keep shooting until they are sure.

Was it ridiculously bad judgement? Unless there was a rash of fake wheelchair thieves in the area known to be carrying weapons, of course.

Picture15.png

Can’t believe you bums are defending the psychopath cop
He should be executed
Makes me ashamed to be conservative as you morons are as bad as the far left

Well... the dude pulled a knife on people and was heading into a possibly crowded store to perhaps do it again.
Would the media also blame the cop if he allowed him to keep ignoring his orders and stabbed someone??
Would you be saying "why didn't he shoot him??"

Having said that, obviously 9 times is waaaaaay overboard. Was there any other cops around? I would think he could have distracted him while another cop simply shoved the wheel chair over.

I can't say shooting him is wrong itself. But shooting him 9 times until he was dead is tantamount to murder.

Forum List

Back