Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

And no, Florida law doesn’t sanction the use of deadly force in self-defense because someone follows you...
They also dont allow you to assault people for following you. Thats why Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman has his freedom.

Everyone has a differing opinion and that is fine. MY opinion is...the dude was yelling at the woman in the car....the boyfriend came out and heard him yelling at her, then pushed the guy very hard. He fell and then pulled his gun. Man sees gun and backs away. Man SHOOTS him anyway. Shot man MIGHT be an asshole, but so was Shooter Guy for yelling about a fucking parking space.
Shooter guy is an ass. And a pussy. Some schmuck push me and I fall down, I will be rising up as fast as I can and swinging at schmuck. If I have a gun on me, I will NOT use it unless I think the guy is determined to KILL me instead of just a pushing match. But thats me. And if I was on the jury, Shooter Pussy Man would go to jail for at least involuntary manslaughter because I don't think he INTENDED to kill someone when he was berating the chick in the parking space. Shit happened. But his finger pulled that trigger so off to jail he goes.

Your own mileages may vary.

And fucking furthermore....if that law isn't tweeked better, there is going to be shitloads of Stand Your Ground with someone accidentally bumping someone else, or a yell fight and the one yelling is bigger than the one being yelled at, etc etc etc.

Jones, I will listen to the DA and the sheriff for qualified legal points of view. You and Oodles can chime all you want, but the DA will easily pierce the self-justification and subjectivity of the defendant without any problem. Watch.

So the Sheriff already said he was lawful. You're batting .500 after one AB.
You are less than .500. The Sheriff changed his mind.

The guy wasn't defending his girlfriend, he viciously attacked a guy in a parking lot and got shot for it... this was never a Stand Your Ground case, it was simply a self defense case. They charged him with manslaughter because they know it wasn't murder.....we'll see what the jury says...

Yeah, when they find out what a racist POS this guy is, that will be fun.

I suspect his lawyer will plead him out, though.

The stalker stopped stalking Martin. That is why he was not convicted. He stopped stalking, yet Martin assaulted him.

..this was a bad shooting
1..it might not be a law, but you can't go around starting shit if you are armed--very stupid
2. the pusher was not attacking, even after he pushed, and then clearly he retreated
3. the pusher was standing his ground
a. so this is the problem--the pusher felt threatened just as much as the shooter did after the victim retreated--not when pushed
b. and/or felt his girl/etc were threatened
..the pusher did not initiate the problem--did not GO to the shooter--therefore standing his ground
the pusher was with his vehicle/girl
..the shooter went to them

Last edited:
"Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him."

What would you have done being that you were in a stand your ground State?
And that’s the problem with this unwarranted indictment: it needlessly muddies the legal waters as to how Floridians might lawfully use deadly force in self-defense.

However much one might disagree with the Zimmerman verdict, it nonetheless set precedent in Florida self-defense case law this State attorney is failing to follow.
It rests solely on when you change from being the attacked to being the attacker
Not if the person using lethal self-defense perceives the attack to be imminent and ongoing.
Requires a suspension of belief

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
Code for.....the guy was black
Lol
You know your views on so-called racism makes that word racist meaningless?
OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man

"Drejka lands on his back and McGlockton takes a step toward him."

What would you have done being that you were in a stand your ground State?
And that’s the problem with this unwarranted indictment: it needlessly muddies the legal waters as to how Floridians might lawfully use deadly force in self-defense.

However much one might disagree with the Zimmerman verdict, it nonetheless set precedent in Florida self-defense case law this State attorney is failing to follow.
It rests solely on when you change from being the attacked to being the attacker
Not if the person using lethal self-defense perceives the attack to be imminent and ongoing.

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
It’s not my interpretation – again, don’t kill the messenger.

And no, Florida law doesn’t sanction the use of deadly force in self-defense because someone follows you or looks at you the wrong way.

It may be impossible to refine the law to the point where there are settled, accepted criteria as to when deadly force is justified in an act of self-defense and when it is not.

The outcome of this case will either provide some clarity on the subject or make the law that much more confusing and inconsistent.
Common sense says there has to be some reasonable expectation that your life is threatened

Once your gun is drawn, you are doing the threatening

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man
Junk Bonds, not Junk Laws!

Any gang member can Stand His Ground on his own turf.

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

They do it all the time

Any confrontation in which someone is armed can meet the standard of stand your ground

Good. Asshole deserves to be punished for what he did over a fucking parking space.

Drejka was shoved to the ground by McGlockton. Isn't that battery?
Yeah. And he should have been pushed back. There was no need to shoot the guy. Period.
Push back? You want him to fight with the guy? That would make him as bad as the guy who shoved him. No, shooting him was the right thing to do.
No doubt, The guy was not worth wasting his time on… Now he’s taking a dirt nap deservedly so

Everyone has a differing opinion and that is fine. MY opinion is...the dude was yelling at the woman in the car....the boyfriend came out and heard him yelling at her, then pushed the guy very hard. He fell and then pulled his gun. Man sees gun and backs away. Man SHOOTS him anyway. Shot man MIGHT be an asshole, but so was Shooter Guy for yelling about a fucking parking space.
Shooter guy is an ass. And a pussy. Some schmuck push me and I fall down, I will be rising up as fast as I can and swinging at schmuck. If I have a gun on me, I will NOT use it unless I think the guy is determined to KILL me instead of just a pushing match. But thats me. And if I was on the jury, Shooter Pussy Man would go to jail for at least involuntary manslaughter because I don't think he INTENDED to kill someone when he was berating the chick in the parking space. Shit happened. But his finger pulled that trigger so off to jail he goes.

Your own mileages may vary.
Yes opinions vary... still the dude had no right to push the dude.
Now he’s taking a dirt nap... deservingly so

I felt threatened .....
Lol
OK

They do it all the time

Any confrontation in which someone is armed can meet the standard of stand your ground
this guy is lucky the girlfriend didn't have a gun, and stand her ground against an armed Man, threatening her.

Just like with Trevon Martin the less of these guys around the better off the country is...
End of story

Forum List

Back