Continuing our baking journey..

I like iron-pan corn bread. With honey or black-eyed peas or butter!

1702123517798.png

Getting better at this...
Made Ciabatta again yesterday.
Switched to King Arthur flour, added some rosemary and just a pinch of additional salt.
Wow - what a difference a better brand of flour makes!
No bleach, no bromates, no preservatives and most important - 2% - 3% higher protein than conglomerate brands. The result is the bread is noticeably softer, retains moisture better and the crust is crunchier.

If I bought this bread at a bakery, I would buy it again

anyone got some pork recipes.....?? ~S~
We had some enormous pork chops--I mean these covered most of a 10" plate--that I cut off and discarded the visible fat and cut the lean meat up into bite size pieces, seasoned and floured them. Sauteed some diced onion, green pepper, and pineapple chunks in a little bit of oil, removed those and lightly fried the pork until just done, returned the veggies and pineapple to the pan until the pork was browned and the veggies translucent.

Served over rice with a pretty good homemade sweet and sour sauce made with monk fruit instead of sugar.

And to stay with the baking theme here, we also had some homemade rolls. :)

what is 'monk fruit' FF ....?????

~S~
A small green melon that grows in tropical and sub tropical regions of the world. It is dried and powdered and sold as a non calorie alternative to sugar--it won't spike blood sugar levels--and it has none of the unwanted side effects of most artificial sweeteners. I order it on Amazon.

A small green melon that grows in tropical and sub tropical regions of the world. It is dried and powdered and sold as a non calorie alternative to sugar--it won't spike blood sugar levels--and it has none of the unwanted side effects of most artificial sweeteners. I order it on Amazon.
Something i can find in a local market FF.........??? ~S~

Made a carrot cake yesterday... holy cow it is so much better than box cakes. There is no comparison.
Super moist. I made the cream cheese frosting with 1/3 less sugar and it is perfect.

Forum List

Back