Congress has already disqualified Trump from the ballot

Hardly, this silly notion just ignores the fact Trump was not convicted. Such fantasies have no place in reality.
I'm betting the Supreme Court will agree with McConnell, who said this and much more about Benedict Donald actions that day.

"President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen, unless the statute of limitations has run, still liable for everything he did while in office, didn't get away with anything yet – yet.

We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one."

American citizens attacked their own government. They used terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of democratic business they did not like.
Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the vice president.
They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election.
Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

This is my thinking.
When people let their rights go from charlatans as you are doing, most times something comes up worse than the people you adoringly follow. Democracy is a word pushed from those who have gained immense power. Democracy can still be used to elect nasty and vicious people from the areas you are denying now. And they can and will be elected using Democracy. In affect potential dictators fighting the current dictators. Not good for us all. And a practical solution that many despot nations have come to.

Show me where I said one of the crimes he was charged with for Jan 6th by Jack Smith included insurrection.
Uh, that's what the poster asked you for, an indictment of insurrection - the point of this thread.

You just like posting irrelevant shit from Comrade Smith because ...?

Here's one of Benedict Donald's indictments.

4. Shortly after election day, the Defendant also pursued unlawful means of discounting legitimate votes and subverting the election results. In so doing, the Defendant perpetrated three criminal conspiracies:

a. A conspiracy to defraud the United States by using dishonesty, fraud, and deceit to impair, obstruct, and defeat the lawful federal government function by which the results of the presidential election are collected, counted, and certified by the federal government, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 371;

b. A conspiracy to corruptly obstruct and impede the January 6 congressional proceeding at which the collected results of the presidential election are counted and certified ("the certification proceeding"), in violation of 18U.S.C. § 1512(k);

c. A conspiracy against the right to vote and to have one's vote counted, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 241.

Did I miss it, insurrection has it's own criminal statute, I'm not seeing it in your lame post. Oh, and since he hasn't been convicted of the above charges, he's innocent until proven guilty, RIGHT???? LMAO

I'm betting the Supreme Court will agree with McConnell, who said this and much more about Benedict Donald actions that day.

"President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen, unless the statute of limitations has run, still liable for everything he did while in office, didn't get away with anything yet – yet.

We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one."

American citizens attacked their own government. They used terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of democratic business they did not like.
Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the vice president.
They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election.
Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.
When is Obama going to be charged with murdering doctors?

Uh, that's what the poster asked you for, an indictment of insurrection - the point of this thread.

You just like posting irrelevant shit from Comrade Smith because ...?
I'm not here to do anyone's biding. I said "He is not immune from criminal prosecution."

Besides "A revolt is a rebellion with an aim to replace a government" Benedict Donald's aim was to replace the incoming duly elected President.

An excellent opinion piece from Tristan Snell on CNN explains that in the course of Trump's second impeachment, a majority of the House and of the Senate voted that the events of January 6 were an insurrection and that Trump incited it. If the Supreme Court does not obey the clear text of our Constitution, this democracy is at an end.

Blah blah blah.... End of democracy......blah blah blah..... End of civilization.....blah blah blah...... Everyone must do what we command them to do.....blah blah blah blah..... The entire world the entire world will land unless........blah blaaaaaaaaaah blah blaaaaaaaaaah blah blaaaaaaaaaah.

Boring

Did I miss it, insurrection has it's own criminal statute, I'm not seeing it in your lame post. Oh, and since he hasn't been convicted of the above charges, he's innocent until proven guilty, RIGHT???? LMAO

Everybody has a right to face their accusers in a court of law. That's how the criminal justice system works. Even ex presidents are not immune from facing criminal indictments.

So why did you respond to him with irrelevant shit from Comrade Smith? Just for fun?
Why did he respond to me and inject insurrection into the fact that even presidents are not immune from indictments for their actions and alleged crimes.

He was found not guilty, the charges are no longer valid. You are promoting double jeopardy. Sad.
He never faced a criminal indictment on the charges and double jeopardy does not apply. The House is not part of the criminal justice system anymore than the Senate is.

Why did he respond to me and inject insurrection into the fact that even presidents are not immune from indictments for their actions and alleged crimes.
Uh, I don't know, perhaps because this thread is about a President being excluded from a ballot for being involved in an insurrection. Just guessing.

An excellent opinion piece from Tristan Snell on CNN explains that in the course of Trump's second impeachment, a majority of the House and of the Senate voted that the events of January 6 were an insurrection and that Trump incited it. If the Supreme Court does not obey the clear text of our Constitution, this democracy is at an end.

Not an excellent piece at all. Not surprising given it's on CNN. The Supreme Court isn't ruling on whether or not Trump was involved with an insurrection; it's going to determine if the 14th Amendment applies to Trump's run for the office of president.

A better angle for Congress to prevent Trump becoming president, should he win the election, comes on January 6th, 2025. On that day, Congress can object to electors from states Trump won on the premise he was involved in insurrection. All it takes is a simple majority in each chamber to not count a state's electors. Even more attainable should Democrats win control of both the House and Senate in November's election.

But even that may not be enough as that would only lead to the House picking the president where each state gets one vote; and it's possible Trump could still prevail.

Uh, I don't know, perhaps because this thread is about a President being excluded from a ballot for being involved in an insurrection. Just guessing.
If he is convicted in the Jan 6th indictment he will have been found to have been involved in a rebellion against the Constitution, which is one of the reasons for disqualification from office by the 14th.

Last edited:
It does absolve him of 'insurrection'. He was found not guilty. As to the rest, it is still being corrected through the courts.

No, it doesn't absolve him of insurrection. Impeachments do not extend beyond the halls of Congress.

Forum List

Back