Wars are good for the economy?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

MESQUITE, Texas (AP) — At a bustling construction site outside of Dallas, there are hopes that Congress can finally pass nearly $95 billion in foreign aid including funding for Ukraine — because factory jobs in the United States depend on that money.

Aerospace and defense company General Dynamics’ new factory in the Dallas suburb of Mesquite is expected to initially employ 150 people to produce munitions. Set to open in June, construction is nearing completion, with newly planted trees and shrubs already in place at the complex overlooking one of the area’s busiest interstates.

“We want to increase our wages and increase our skill levels and job opportunities,” said Kim Buttram, Mesquite's director of economic development, who added that the factory is expected to have over 300 jobs when it’s at full production.

As President Joe Biden pushes House Republicans to pass needed aid, he wants voters to understand that nearly two-thirds — or nearly $40 billion — of the money for Ukraine would actually go to U.S. factories spread out across the country including plants in Lima, Ohio and Scranton, Pennsylvania as well as Mesquite.

I guess this is Joe Biden's answer to fixing the economy.

I wonder how long they can keep the war going.

As President Joe Biden pushes House Republicans to pass needed aid, he wants voters to understand that nearly two-thirds — or nearly $40 billion — of the money for Ukraine would actually go to U.S. factories spread out across the country including plants in Lima, Ohio and Scranton, Pennsylvania as well as Mesquite.

I wonder how long they can keep the war going
Once again, our President demonstrates he understands the issue better than Republicans

Republicans present it as Biden throwing money at Ukraine.
Most of the money is going to the Defense Industry in the US for military equipment
US Jobs

Once again, our President demonstrates he understands the issue better than Republicans

Most of the money is going to the Defense Industry in the US for military equipment
^^^
Jumping in to clearly demonstrate the sheer economic ignorance of shitlibs.

How many more wars can Biden fund to help the economy more?

Well, by Biden and McConnell's own admission these wars are serving as a government jobs program.

Previously...

“As a result of the weapons transfers that we’ve made to Ukraine, we are reindustrializing our base here in the United States,” McConnell added. “And we’re employing a significant number of Americans, in this country, building our industrial base again.”

That same narative has has been openly echoed by Biden in order to to sell the wars. I don't feel like looking them up at the moment, though.

That snip from Mconnell is from one of my previous postings around here some place regarding the swindle.

Relevant listening regarding the swindle/laundering that's occuring, at the average American's expense, while they struggle to decide whether to put food on their tables to feed their families or to put gas in their cars to get to work.....

Last edited:
The MIC produces stuff that nobody else would buy, in order to have it destroyed on the battlefield, in order for them to produce more of what nobody would buy,

There's no added value to anything for anyone in the civilian economy, for this ghoulish self-licking ice cream cone.
America's proxy war against Russia is being proactive by America, to prevent a Brics coalition that would/will be too powerful for America to deal with.

That's money well spent! There's no sense in pretending it's not. No matter which of America many wars of aggression is being discussed.

Granted, many of the wars turn out to be a waste of money.

Wars happen

In this case, for the first time in 75 years, The US is not sending US Troops to do the fighting and dying

Conservatives are outraged
How about another war against the drug cartels via drones?

You in, or do you hate Russians more than the drug cartels that kill about 200 Americans a day?

MESQUITE, Texas (AP) — At a bustling construction site outside of Dallas, there are hopes that Congress can finally pass nearly $95 billion in foreign aid including funding for Ukraine — because factory jobs in the United States depend on that money.

Aerospace and defense company General Dynamics’ new factory in the Dallas suburb of Mesquite is expected to initially employ 150 people to produce munitions. Set to open in June, construction is nearing completion, with newly planted trees and shrubs already in place at the complex overlooking one of the area’s busiest interstates.

“We want to increase our wages and increase our skill levels and job opportunities,” said Kim Buttram, Mesquite's director of economic development, who added that the factory is expected to have over 300 jobs when it’s at full production.

always have been.

How about another war against the drug cartels via drones?

You in, or do you hate Russians more than the drug cartels that kill about 200 Americans a day?

I have no problem doing both

Wars happen

In this case, for the first time in 75 years, The US is not sending US Troops to do the fighting and dying

Conservatives are outraged
That's the rules that are established, and the rules will now apply to all wars. All the players will agree.

It has been the democrat answer to bad economic times for nearly a hundred years. War is good business according to them.

We currently pay $850 billion for defense

Defense spending and military spending are two entirely different budgets.

Too often people confuse military spending for defense spending. Some do so out of ignorance while others do so for the purpose of deceiving casual passers-by whenever the topic comes up in dialogue out in the wild.

Damn straight, war, a growing govt. and illegal immigrants are key essentials for supporting a Biden economy.

Forum List

Back