Confirmation of more Trump corruption.

No, we did not. We were not given the information that allowed us to make informed decisions.

Nope, we did not. Maybe you did, but most do not need the Govt to play cheerleader.

You know this is not true. I have you quotes downplaying it. Trump himself said he downplayed it. Trump openly told Bob Woodward that he thought the threat posed by the coronavirus was much worse than what he revealed. Are you saying that Trump lied to Woodward?

Yes, I do know that everything I said was true. I also know that people were in despair, and some nurses committed suicide, so your claim that we needed no cheerleader is outright false.

You keep whining that Trump was cheerleading. That is your sole complaint. You then choose to ignore that everything Trump promised he would do, he did. He got supplies out to everyone who needed them.

The fact that those democrat governors then didn't use the resources is once again on them.

Remember little sycophant, each governor is the president of his State. You yet again ascribe THEIR failures to Trump.

Why?

Why do you insist on laying every failure of a democrat governor on Trump?

You claimed that Trump was an authoritarian yet we see he was the opposite, and that YOUR democrat governors were the authoritarian, and that what they ordered was not just wrong, but catastrophic.

Yet, here you are trying to pin their abject failures on Trump.

Why?

It speaks volumes that you folks have been duped in to believing rigging elections for Repubs, which is what the citizenship question was all about, is innocuous while Trump becomes apoplectic over false accusations Dems are doing the same.
haha yeah it’s “rigging” elections to count Americans! haha thanks for admitting your party isn’t the party for americans

The topic is Trump's corruption, not what you think of me. The latter being inconsequential to everyone, especially me.
the topic is how the dems are no longer the party for america…congrats

haha yeah it’s “rigging” elections to count Americans! haha thanks for admitting your party isn’t the party for americans
The census count is used to determine Congressional House seats.

By manipulating that...Republicans were attempting to add more GOP House seats and subtract Dem seats..

The census count is used to determine Congressional House seats.

By manipulating that...Republicans were attempting to add more GOP House seats and subtract Dem seats..
yep the gop wanted congress to reflect the American people…the dems clearly know they aren’t the party of americans people and you’ve highlighted in this thread you power is depended on non citizens

Proving that you are an uncritical consumer of right wing media feces.

Nope, proving I have a brain, unlike any of your partisan hacks.

Getting out of Afghanistan was the right thing to do, Biden could not have done it in a worse possible manner

Yes, I do know that everything I said was true. I also know that people were in despair, and some nurses committed suicide, so your claim that we needed no cheerleader is outright false.
They were being kept in the dark as well and did not have the equipment to do their job correctly. What they needed was information and PPE gear, not a fucking cheerleader.

You keep whining that Trump was cheerleading. That is your sole complaint. You then choose to ignore that everything Trump promised he would do, he did. He got supplies out to everyone who needed them.

No, my sole complaint is that he lied to the American people. You are ok with him doing so, I am not. Yes, he got supplies out to everyone about 3 months later than we should have....because he was too busy downplaying the virus.

Give him a break Berg.

Republicans be Republicans. Never forget that

This is why I love this forum. In the same thread I am called both a Repub and Dem.

Damn, I am glad I do not live in the black and white world you all live in.

yep the gop wanted congress to reflect the American people…the dems clearly know they aren’t the party of americans people and you’ve highlighted in this thread you power is depended on non citizens
House seats are determined by population PERIOD.
As per the Constitution

Republicans were as always, trying to manipulate that in their favor and on the process under serving the nation.
The census determines much more than just the House apportionment

As per the Constitution

Republicans were as always, trying to manipulate that in their favor and on the process under serving the nation.
yep like i said the party of the klan can’t be successful if Americans were counted

it’s like how you all fought tooth and nail to have your slave as count

“For years, the Trump Administration delayed and obstructed the Oversight Committee’s investigation into the true reason for adding a citizenship question to the 2020 Census, even after the Supreme Court ruled the Administration’s efforts were illegal. Today’s Committee memo pulls back the curtain on this shameful conduct and shows clearly how the Trump Administration secretly tried to manipulate the census for political gain while lying to the public and Congress about their goals.”

“It is clear that legislative reforms are needed to prevent any future illegal or unconstitutional efforts to interfere with the census and chip away at our democracy. My bill, the Ensuring a Fair and Accurate Census Act, is commonsense legislation that will help prevent a similar crisis from occurring again and will protect one of our nation’s most vital democratic institutions from partisan exploitation. I urge the House to swiftly pass this commonsense bill to safeguard the integrity and independence of the U.S. Census Bureau.”

Below are key findings from the Committee’s memo:

Contrary to his testimony to Congress, congressional apportionment was central to Commerce Secretary Ross’s efforts to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census. Documents obtained by the Committee show that Secretary Ross requested and received a detailed memorandum exploring the legality of adding a citizenship question to the census for purposes of apportionment, along with other potential rationales for adding a citizenship question.

A secret, undated draft of Mr. Uthmeier’s legal memo warned that using a citizenship question for apportionment would likely violate the Constitution. The draft obtained by the Committee expressed skepticism about the legality of including a citizenship question, noting, “Over two hundred years of precedent, along with substantially convincing historical and textual arguments suggest that citizenship data likely cannot be used for purposes of apportioning representatives.”

Commerce officials downplayed legal concerns and altered the memo to suggest the citizenship question could be used for apportionment. In later drafts of the Uthemeier memo, another political appointee, Earl Comstock, changed or removed language indicating that adding a citizenship question was likely unconstitutional. Officials also added language that emphasized the Secretary’s discretion when considering adding the citizenship question. The final memo reached essentially the opposite conclusion of the initial draft, asserting that “there is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about adding a citizenship question” and claiming, “there are bases for legal arguments that the Founding Fathers intended for the apportionment count to be based on legal inhabitants.”

Trump Administration officials at the Department of Commerce, including Secretary Ross, secretly steered the Justice Department towards the pretextual rationale for adding the citizenship question. Mr. Uthmeier hand delivered his legal memo to DOJ, along with a hand-written note highlighting the pretext of using a citizenship question to enforce the Voting Rights Act (VRA). The note stated that Secretary Ross “thinks DOJ would have a legitimate use of data for VRA purposes.”

Gosh, you're such a fool.

They were being kept in the dark as well and did not have the equipment to do their job correctly. What they needed was information and PPE gear, not a fucking cheerleader.

No, my sole complaint is that he lied to the American people. You are ok with him doing so, I am not. Yes, he got supplies out to everyone about 3 months later than we should have....because he was too busy downplaying the virus.

No one was being kept in the dark. That is an outright lie. They got the PPE. PPE that the obummer/xiden admin had depleted, then not bothered to replenish.

That is why it took 3 months. Funny how you ignore that fact. Every one of your complaints should be laid at the feet of those who failed. Democrats all, but you try and lay their failures on Trump.

The only thing you can legitimately lay on him is he up sold the response to the disease, and played cheerleader.

You truly are pathetic.

As per the Constitution

Yeah. LEGAL POPULATION

DURRRRRR

No one was being kept in the dark. That is an outright lie.

Trump himself admitted to this. You can deny it all you like, but they are his words.

They got the PPE. PPE that the obummer/xiden admin had depleted, then not bothered to replenish.

That is why it took 3 months.

IT took more than 3 months to get them the PPE, it took 3 months for Trump to start pushing for extra production. He could not do so before then without admitting how bad things were.

You truly are pathetic.

Thanks. Coming from a Trump worshiper that is a compliment.

“For years, the Trump Administration delayed and obstructed the Oversight Committee’s investigation into the true reason for adding a citizenship question to the 2020 Census, even after the Supreme Court ruled the Administration’s efforts were illegal. Today’s Committee memo pulls back the curtain on this shameful conduct and shows clearly how the Trump Administration secretly tried to manipulate the census for political gain while lying to the public and Congress about their goals.”

“It is clear that legislative reforms are needed to prevent any future illegal or unconstitutional efforts to interfere with the census and chip away at our democracy. My bill, the Ensuring a Fair and Accurate Census Act, is commonsense legislation that will help prevent a similar crisis from occurring again and will protect one of our nation’s most vital democratic institutions from partisan exploitation. I urge the House to swiftly pass this commonsense bill to safeguard the integrity and independence of the U.S. Census Bureau.”

Below are key findings from the Committee’s memo:

Contrary to his testimony to Congress, congressional apportionment was central to Commerce Secretary Ross’s efforts to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census. Documents obtained by the Committee show that Secretary Ross requested and received a detailed memorandum exploring the legality of adding a citizenship question to the census for purposes of apportionment, along with other potential rationales for adding a citizenship question.

A secret, undated draft of Mr. Uthmeier’s legal memo warned that using a citizenship question for apportionment would likely violate the Constitution. The draft obtained by the Committee expressed skepticism about the legality of including a citizenship question, noting, “Over two hundred years of precedent, along with substantially convincing historical and textual arguments suggest that citizenship data likely cannot be used for purposes of apportioning representatives.”

Commerce officials downplayed legal concerns and altered the memo to suggest the citizenship question could be used for apportionment. In later drafts of the Uthemeier memo, another political appointee, Earl Comstock, changed or removed language indicating that adding a citizenship question was likely unconstitutional. Officials also added language that emphasized the Secretary’s discretion when considering adding the citizenship question. The final memo reached essentially the opposite conclusion of the initial draft, asserting that “there is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about adding a citizenship question” and claiming, “there are bases for legal arguments that the Founding Fathers intended for the apportionment count to be based on legal inhabitants.”

Trump Administration officials at the Department of Commerce, including Secretary Ross, secretly steered the Justice Department towards the pretextual rationale for adding the citizenship question. Mr. Uthmeier hand delivered his legal memo to DOJ, along with a hand-written note highlighting the pretext of using a citizenship question to enforce the Voting Rights Act (VRA). The note stated that Secretary Ross “thinks DOJ would have a legitimate use of data for VRA purposes.”

Gosh, you're such a fool.
haha i am just glad your dembots are finally admitting your party doesn’t reflect the american people and you’re totally depended on foreigners

“It is clear that legislative reforms are needed to prevent any future illegal or unconstitutional efforts to interfere with the census and chip away at our democracy.

A secret, undated draft of Mr. Uthmeier’s legal memo warned that using a citizenship question for apportionment would likely violate the Constitution.

Commerce officials downplayed legal concerns and altered the memo to suggest the citizenship question could be used for apportionment.
The Constitution only matters to the GOP when it gives them a political advantage.

Like here...if the opposite is true...it can be discarded

Forum List

Back