Confederate statue toppled

Many confederate statues went up during the fight over civil rights .. long after the Civil War.
Nice revisionist history. The Robert E. Lee statue was commissioned in 1917. A long time before the Civil Rights movement.

Got a link to back up your historical assertion?

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registe...dward_Lee_Sculpture_1997_Final_Nomination.pdf
The monumental figurative sculpture of Robert Edward Lee is the second of four works commissioned from members of the National Sculpture Society by philanthropist Paul Goodloe McIntire and the last of three he gave to the city of Charlottesville, Virginia, during the years 1919 to 1924. McIntire wished to make a place worthy of the likeness of the most distinguished Confederate general when, on 28 May 1917, he purchased as a setting for the sculpture, a city block of 45,435 square feet bounded by Jefferson and Market Streets and by First and Second Streets NE.1 Over the next year he demolished the 1829 Southall-Venable home on the site and created a formal landscaped square, now known as Lee Park, which was the first of four parks he eventually gave to Charlottesville. Today, wide concrete walkways lead into the park at each comer and along First Street, and they converge on a central plaza where boxwood, Japanese holly, and lemon balm surround the heroic-sized bronze figures of Lee and his horse, Traveller, atop their oval-shaped granite pedestal.
There was a civil rights movement in the early 1900s too.

For the terrorists that tore down statue...

"For the terrorists that tore down statue"......I'm sure you support the same solution for those who do this?
upload_2017-8-15_9-24-18.png
upload_2017-8-15_9-24-38.png
upload_2017-8-15_9-25-2.png
upload_2017-8-15_9-25-16.png

Many confederate statues went up during the fight over civil rights .. long after the Civil War.
Nice revisionist history. The Robert E. Lee statue was commissioned in 1917. A long time before the Civil Rights movement.

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registe...dward_Lee_Sculpture_1997_Final_Nomination.pdf
The monumental figurative sculpture of Robert Edward Lee is the second of four works commissioned from members of the National Sculpture Society by philanthropist Paul Goodloe McIntire and the last of three he gave to the city of Charlottesville, Virginia, during the years 1919 to 1924. McIntire wished to make a place worthy of the likeness of the most distinguished Confederate general when, on 28 May 1917, he purchased as a setting for the sculpture, a city block of 45,435 square feet bounded by Jefferson and Market Streets and by First and Second Streets NE.1 Over the next year he demolished the 1829 Southall-Venable home on the site and created a formal landscaped square, now known as Lee Park, which was the first of four parks he eventually gave to Charlottesville. Today, wide concrete walkways lead into the park at each comer and along First Street, and they converge on a central plaza where boxwood, Japanese holly, and lemon balm surround the heroic-sized bronze figures of Lee and his horse, Traveller, atop their oval-shaped granite pedestal.
1917 was 52 years after the Civil War.
Good to see you can do simple math. Now tell me how many years before the Civil Rights Act it was.
Was the 1960s Civil Rights movement the ONLY one? You might want to check. I know that our history books downplay earlier attempts at gaining civil rights....but they existed nonetheless.

Durham protesters topple Confederate statue outside courthouse

DHOrTVNXYAIauf4.jpg

There's video at the link.

I'm afraid we'll be seeing a lot more of this and who can blame them? White supremacists have gotten away with their crimes for so long, no wonder people are fed up.
You dipshits have also been vandalizing holocaust memorials. You asshats have been busy.
Cite where Liberals vandalized Holocaust memorials.
Many on the Right deny the Holocaust happened.
Remember this guy?

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting - Wikipedia

I think they discovered he was a poster here.......a Rightwing poster.

$1000 says you're wrong. In fact, if the Republicans don't pull their heads out of their collective asses, they are going to get a major asswhooping November 2018 by that "finished" Democrat party. I don't want to see that happen. I'd rather sanity prevail, the hate go away and let America do what it does best.
You're going to be amazed at the backlash you liberal's are about to reap. Do you think people are cheering on your side's antics? You think you make friends when you call people racists for voting for Trump? Decent people are going to put up with your shit no longer. trump's election was only the beginning. We are taking back our Country and you're not going to like it.
And....what will you be doing?

Some things are less valuable. Like them types of materials.

Rather than..
KKK.ALT-RW are pro---

That's exactly what the Taliban and ISIS say when they blow up monuments on World Heritage sights. It's just less "valuable" to them..

But the HATRED of THIS mob of juveniles who've not gotten to the REAL WORLD yet was just as obvious. Not just a matter of "value". It was a matter of complete disregard for heritage, history, and free expression..

So YOU need to tell me why ISIS SHOULDN'T be dynamiting 3000 year old history. After all, they have the SAME EXCUSE you're using. And that is -- those are symbols of resistance to Islamic Rule..

I truly hope there is a serious effort to drag these violent alt-leftists into court.

Regardless of your views concerning confederate momuments, this was not the way to have them dismantled.

:rolleyes:

USA Today reported in May that in North Carolina alone, 35 Confederate monuments have been built since the year 2000. It’s hard to argue that those monuments are about history and heritage.

The paper also points out that Kentucky is saturated with Confederate memorials — far more than, say, Union memorials — even though Kentuckians fought for the Union by a 2-1 margin.

A recent Phoenix New Times report
found that half of the six Confederate memorials in Arizona were built in 1999 or later, the most recent in 2010. The oldest of the six was erected nearly 80 years after the Civil War, during which Arizona wasn’t yet a state.

Opinion | We should treat Confederate monuments the way Moscow and Budapest have treated communist statues
Just monuments to the Southern, fallacy of false Cause?
Spread the hate. You can hope someone drives a car into a crowd of RWers or Southern Christians going to church.

The Boston Tea Party was a "civil rights" movement. Same for Lexington and Concord.

Do you think those statues were about racism of State's rights? Resistance to the Federal government?

Some people are talking about knocking over M L King statues.

The problem is it's not blacks causing the mayhem, but white lefty liberals. ..... :cool:

Democrats have been using blacks like a tool for years to destroy the white race. Blacks are hopefully starting to wake up to their bullshit
"using blacks like a tool"......really? As if black people were inanimate objects or not smart enough to figure things out? Is that what you are inferring?
I don't agree with Tom that the Democrats are seeking to destroy the "white race", but I have little doubt elitist Democrats love to manipulate the backside of the IQ curve in their party, be they black or white. The entire DNC email scandal revealed the arrogance of those assholes and how they truly felt about the "non-elites" in their own party.

The Boston Tea Party was a "civil rights" movement. Same for Lexington and Concord.

Do you think those statues were about racism of State's rights? Resistance to the Federal government?

She's a member of the alt-left, so yes she truly believes the means do not matter, only the outcome is what she's concerned with. She would be quite happy if the government stepped in and mowed down ordinary Trump supporters.

Some people are talking about knocking over M L King statues.

The problem is it's not blacks causing the mayhem, but white lefty liberals. ..... :cool:

Democrats have been using blacks like a tool for years to destroy the white race. Blacks are hopefully starting to wake up to their bullshit
"using blacks like a tool"......really? As if black people were inanimate objects or not smart enough to figure things out? Is that what you are inferring?
I don't agree with Tom that the Democrats are seeking to destroy the "white race", but I have little doubt elitist Democrats love to manipulate the backside of the IQ curve in their party, be they black or white. The entire DNC email scandal revealed the arrogance of those assholes and how they truly felt about the "non-elites" in their own party.

Dimocrats of today do indeed hate conservatives, and revel in stories and stats that show middle-age whites dying at an alarming rate.

I applaud their energy but these things should be done ina constitutional way through the local councils.

So you applaud terrorist tactics when the left can't get what they want legally and through the democratic process.

Actually, if you read my post, I am saying they should have followed the legal process. What a bunch of whining brats you redneck trash are.

I applaud their energy but these things should be done ina constitutional way through the local councils.

So you applaud terrorist tactics when the left can't get what they want legally and through the democratic process.

Actually, if you read my post, I am saying they should have followed the legal process. What a bunch of whining brats you redneck trash are.

You also said "I applaud their energy", which means you're a cheerleader for leftwing violence.

You snobby little Islam whore. IT'S NOT YOUR FUCKING COUNTRY OR BUSINESS! Who the hell are you judge the matter, you pig? You're disgusting, you would get off on the destruction of American artifacts

You also said "I applaud their energy", which means you're a cheerleader for leftwing violence.

Well their hearts were in the right place but they were still breaking the law. I think most normal people would take that stance.

Forum List

Back