Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Though dozens of congressional Republicans protested the move, the Army says it will begin work in coming days

1702746722848.png

The U.S. Army intends to remove a Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery next week as part of its ongoing work to rid Defense Department property of divisive rebel imagery, defying dozens of congressional Republicans who have vociferously protested the move.

Why would Republicans object to the removal of Confederate monuments if the Confederates were Democrats??? 🤔

Though dozens of congressional Republicans protested the move, the Army says it will begin work in coming days

View attachment 873988

The U.S. Army intends to remove a Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery next week as part of its ongoing work to rid Defense Department property of divisive rebel imagery, defying dozens of congressional Republicans who have vociferously protested the move.

Why would Republicans object to the removal of Confederate monuments if the Confederates were Democrats??? 🤔
The same reason Germans are the most Anti-Nazi people in Europe.

I don't use the 'C'-word lightly, but historically, it's what communists do.
Just more along the lines of he that controls the present, controls the past and he that controls the past, controls the future, or so they think. But it is really about making sure nobody thinks about it much. Whether it is like communists, it probably is, but I figure this has been done is spates throughout history and in countries long before communism, so the communist thing in this case does not bother me as much as the repeated stupidity.

Forum List

Back