Compatibility with people

Intellect.

When I spent six months in the mountains in Western Montana, I was having some respiratory difficulty. I went to a "health care professional" to discuss it.

When I mentioned altitude, which was 2600 ft (after I'd lived at sea level for the last many decades), he said, "We're not that high here. After all, sea level is 1200 feet.".

190862036_281610050366986_5831329639209656758_n.jpg

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Intellect.

When I spent six months in the mountains in Western Montana, I was having some respiratory difficulty. I went to a "health care professional" to discuss it.

When I mentioned altitude, which was 2600 ft (after I'd lived at sea level for the last many decades), he said, "We're not that high here. After all, sea level is 1200 feet.".

What about non professional relationships? What do you need in them to enjoy the compatibility?

Is intellect the requirement for friendship, for a neighbor friend, a relative, a lover, a casual friend.

What I am asking is what do you need in those kinds of relationships in order to feel like you enjoy the compatibility and to want to sustain it?

Do you have different things you look for or do yu accept less from different types of relationships?

My attitude is this:

Everybody is crazy. Some are hugely crazy and some just a little.

A good match for those of us who are just a little crazy is to find somebody whose own bits of crazy match our own.
I have a boyfriend and we have been together over 10 years. But I am asking about mostly nonromance however I realize others might be single so sharing those romantic type of requirements is interesting to read from their perspective too. I am more about all the type of platonic relationships we have and which ones end up compatible and why for other people.

What about non professional relationships? What do you need in them to enjoy the compatibility?

Is intellect the requirement for friendship, for a neighbor friend, a relative, a lover, a casual friend.

What I am asking is what do you need in those kinds of relationships in order to feel like you enjoy the compatibility and to want to sustain it?

Do you have different things you look for or do yu accept less from different types of relationships?

Absolutely number one.

Intellect is the only immutable qualification for me to accept someone as compatible.

Absolutely number one.

Intellect is the only immutable qualification for me to accept someone as compatible.

That's interesting. I have different needs in different relationships and I don't have to have a person meet the criteria in one instance but in another instance a different person, it would matter to me. This is why I am asking is because I think other people don't think that way. I am just trying to find out how others approach any given platonic relationship like what are the requirements. Thanks for sharing your way of going about it.

Last edited:
My attitude is this:

Everybody is crazy. Some are hugely crazy and some just a little.

A good match for those of us who are just a little crazy is to find somebody whose own bits of crazy match our own.
I think crazy goes well wth crazy. This is why Pamela and Tommy should get back together. lol

Here are the current things people shared so far that they look for in relationships platonic and or non-platonic

Honesty

Intellectual

Crazy

That's interesting. I have different needs in different relationships and I don't have to have a person meet the criteria in one instance but in another instance a different person, it would matter to me. This is why I am asking is because I think other people don't think that way. I am just trying to find out how others approach any given platonic relationship like what are the requirements. Thanks for sharing your way of going about it.

Thanks for that well thought out post.

I did leave something out.

In people I hire, moral honesty is important as well, and unfortunately I am not as astute at determining this. It's easier to fake honesty than intellect.

Thanks for that well thought out post.

I did leave something out.

In people I hire, moral honesty is important as well, and unfortunately I am not as astute at determining this. It's easier to fake honesty than intellect.

I In a close friendship I want loyalty, emotional comprehension, and humor.

In a casual friendship humor

In a transactional relationship honesty, integrity and intellectual.

For all relationships I require honesty/trustworthiness. A friendship can only develop if we can share humor. Intelligence is nice but I have discovered that many people who I thought were less intelligent than me turned out to be smart in ways I am not.

Forum List

Back