Commutation of Stone Sentence Correct Move

Man was a casualty of Mueller witch hunt that never should have happened.
Its ridiculous that the elites should have to serve time.
What truly was ridiculous was how Stone was arrested. CNN called in for playing up the optics
was the epitome of politics going awry. Thomas you really need to focus on are the real stories
and not what you're being fed.
Obviously this case will provoke partisan feelings but the concept of a "pardon" seems to be unAmerican. Its something that a medieval king or a sultan would hand out not an elected President in a supposed meritocracy.
It creates elites because it relies on who you know. That cant be right.
You act like Trump has been the only president to do such a thing. Where was the outrage when Obama did such things.
You were as quiet as a church mouse. interesting.....
When did Obama pardon a buddy of his who got busted for trying to interfere in an investigation against Obama. I don’t remember that one... got a name?
What are you even talking about? Thomas and I were talking about the use of the Presidential Pardon.
Nice try, Beaver
I’m talking about Trump Stone situation. Thought that was obvious
We weren't, we were talking about the action itself.
Ok fair enough. Obama and Trump and most other presidents have all issues pardons. Now what are your thoughts about what Trump did with Stone? All good in your book or do you smell something fishy?

What truly was ridiculous was how Stone was arrested. CNN called in for playing up the optics
was the epitome of politics going awry. Thomas you really need to focus on are the real stories
Obviously this case will provoke partisan feelings but the concept of a "pardon" seems to be unAmerican. Its something that a medieval king or a sultan would hand out not an elected President in a supposed meritocracy.
You act like Trump has been the only president to do such a thing. Where was the outrage when Obama did such things.
When did Obama pardon a buddy of his who got busted for trying to interfere in an investigation against Obama. I don’t remember that one... got a name?
What are you even talking about? Thomas and I were talking about the use of the Presidential Pardon.
Nice try, Beaver
Ok fair enough. Obama and Trump and most other presidents have all issues pardons. Now what are your thoughts about what Trump did with Stone? All good in your book or do you smell something fishy?
Unlike you, I pick and choose my battles with politicians. Pardon's aren't even in the top 15 with me, they all do it,
and there is not a thing I can do about it. My battles are when their actions affect me personally.

Nice try, Beaver
Unlike you, I pick and choose my battles with politicians. Pardon's aren't even in the top 15 with me, they all do it,
and there is not a thing I can do about it. My battles are when their actions affect me personally.
I wasnt asking you to fight a battle I was just asking your opinion.

Its (sic) ridiculous that the elites should have to serve time.

Hillary is still running free. So is Bubba but Ghislane Maxwell might change that in short order.
Obummer belongs in prison, along with a dozen of his crooked henchmen. I had you on Ignore. How did this deplorable event occur?

By the way, that Hitler mustache is very appropriate. Read Liberal Fascists by Jonah Goldberg.
It describes you fascists to an Obama.

Here is the Truth about what Stone said, from Stone himself:

"Those like Speaker Pelosi who make the baseless claim that my refusal to testify against the President means I covered up some act of wrong-doing by the President in return for commutation are purposely twisting what I have said repeatedly on the record. I refused to bear false witness against the President. I refused to let prosecutors compose false testimony regarding the content of multiple phone conversations with candidate Trump in 2016. I refused to lie despite intense legal and financial pressure to do so."
____

The O.P. is an Adam Schiff level damn liar.

*Stone, in fact, said the corrupt part out loud, in a conversation with NBC’s Howard Fineman shortly before Trump’s announcement. “He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him,” Stone told Fineman. “It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t.”*

Imagine a more corrupt use of the clemency power than Trump’s Roger Stone commutation

Stone obviously scared the bejesus out of Trump. Sounds like Stone was getting ready to spill some beans if Trump didn't soon act to keep him out of prison.

Was the Stone commutation about Trump's buddy or was it just a political hack to keep his base in check?
Relying on what right-wing media says doesn't seem to fair well.

"President Donald Trump has been disappointed in right-wing media for not giving him more credit for pardoning longtime advisor Roger Stone."

“A senior administration official said there were serious divisions among Trump’s aides and allies over Stone’s case, with some cautioning that keeping him out of prison could be politically risky. Among those opposed was Attorney General William P. Barr, who called the prosecution ‘righteous’ in an interview Wednesday with ABC News, the official said, adding that those pushing Trump to show loyalty to Stone included Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who is close to the president,” The Washington Post reported Saturday.
“By Saturday, Trump had grown frustrated that he was not getting more credit from conservative media and others for the Stone announcement, the official said. A second administration official said Trump had been warned that the commutation could depress his lagging poll numbers, but he wanted to make a statement against the Russia investigation and help Stone, and he personally worked to craft the messaging to defend the commutation,” the newspaper reported.
Trump apparently thought he would receive more credit if he bowed to the pressure to commute Stone’s prison sentence. "

Was the Stone commutation about Trump's buddy or was it just a political hack to keep his base in check?

"President Donald Trump has been disappointed in right-wing media for not giving him more credit for pardoning longtime advisor Roger Stone."

“A senior administration official said there were serious divisions among Trump’s aides and allies over Stone’s case, with some cautioning that keeping him out of prison could be politically risky. Among those opposed was Attorney General William P. Barr, who called the prosecution ‘righteous’ in an interview Wednesday with ABC News, the official said, adding that those pushing Trump to show loyalty to Stone included Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who is close to the president,” The Washington Post reported Saturday.
“By Saturday, Trump had grown frustrated that he was not getting more credit from conservative media and others for the Stone announcement, the official said. A second administration official said Trump had been warned that the commutation could depress his lagging poll numbers, but he wanted to make a statement against the Russia investigation and help Stone, and he personally worked to craft the messaging to defend the commutation,” the newspaper reported.
Trump apparently thought he would receive more credit if he bowed to the pressure to commute Stone’s prison sentence. "

Trump thought he would receive credit for commuting Stone? I don’t believe that... anybody with a brain knows it was a stupid move but Trump is drunk on power and he is going to do what he wants. Stone covered for him so he is going to reward that and just hold his breath till the next news cycle. The single most disgraceful president that we’ve ever had in office. I dont want to hear the words “law and order” out of any Trump defenders mouths moving forward... they’ve lost that privilege

To toss a first time offender in prison because of a stupid little misspeak in an illegal investigation by seditious Obama thugs was unacceptable......at least Trump did it now in the open instead of wait until after the election like Clinton and Obama did....

Trump thought he would receive credit for commuting Stone? I don’t believe that... anybody with a brain knows it was a stupid move but Trump is drunk on power and he is going to do what he wants. Stone covered for him so he is going to reward that and just hold his breath till the next news cycle. The single most disgraceful president that we’ve ever had in office. I dont want to hear the words “law and order” out of any Trump defenders mouths moving forward... they’ve lost that privilege
Trump is a ratings whore and it doesn't look good. Backfire there. After the SC ruled against him as no one is above the law he just had to show how lawless and defiant he is to it.

Commuting Stone was the correct move, without a doubt.

Stone is a senior citizen, a non-violent first time offender. To send him to prison would have been an outrage.

Had the judge said that Stone would get put on probation or community service, that would have been fine. But he isn't a dangerous fellow and there is plenty of reason to think that he can be rehabilitated without going to the penitentiary.

Further, the trial he did have was unjust. The broad who was jury foreman hated his guts before the trial started. The judge didn't want to give Stone a new trial, Trump did the undoubtably right thing by taking matters into his own hands.

Still will be a felon unable to vote for the mentally ill president in November. Haw haw
He wasn't planning to vote for Biden in any case.

Another Raw Story rant based on (yawn) another anonymous "senior official". Lefties eat it up like pablum simply because they can't control their hatred for the President.

another op-ed from Raw Story based on

I agree, they suffer from TDS, those creatures they do!

TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is a very virulent disease it spreads and affects some debilitated people very quickly, the progression of their sickness, it's a very horrible thing to behold.

Forum List

Back