Commutation of Stone Sentence Correct Move

To toss a first time offender in prison because of a stupid little misspeak in an illegal investigation by seditious Obama thugs was unacceptable......at least Trump did it now in the open instead of wait until after the election like Clinton and Obama did....
Thatā€™s a lie. Trumps DOG indicted Stone and he was found guilty by a jury in court. Thatā€™s called law and order. Something that Trump obviously thinks he is above. Barr oild have dropped the charges of he thought there were not warranted. Can you explain why he didnā€™t?

Another Raw Story rant based on (yawn) another anonymous "senior official". Lefties eat it up like pablum simply because they can't control their hatred for the President.

another op-ed from Raw Story based on
Gee, Trump does something idiotic and you all say itā€™s a yawn story or TDS... what a shocker!!! Yā€™all are just as bad as Trump. What a joke

To toss a first time offender in prison because of a stupid little misspeak in an illegal investigation by seditious Obama thugs was unacceptable......at least Trump did it now in the open instead of wait until after the election like Clinton and Obama did....
Thatā€™s a lie. Trumps DOG indicted Stone and he was found guilty by a jury in court. Thatā€™s called law and order. Something that Trump obviously thinks he is above. Barr oild have dropped the charges of he thought there were not warranted. Can you explain why he didnā€™t?

Roger Stone Sentencing Was Politicized, Prosecutor Plans to Testify
The prosecutorā€™s supervisor said that the case was being treated differently because of the defendantā€™s relationship with the president, according to planned testimony.

Was the Stone commutation about Trump's buddy or was it just a political hack to keep his base in check?
Relying on what right-wing media says doesn't seem to fair well.

"President Donald Trump has been disappointed in right-wing media for not giving him more credit for pardoning longtime advisor Roger Stone."

ā€œA senior administration official said there were serious divisions among Trumpā€™s aides and allies over Stoneā€™s case, with some cautioning that keeping him out of prison could be politically risky. Among those opposed was Attorney General William P. Barr, who called the prosecution ā€˜righteousā€™ in an interview Wednesday with ABC News, the official said, adding that those pushing Trump to show loyalty to Stone included Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who is close to the president,ā€ The Washington Post reported Saturday.
ā€œBy Saturday, Trump had grown frustrated that he was not getting more credit from conservative media and others for the Stone announcement, the official said. A second administration official said Trump had been warned that the commutation could depress his lagging poll numbers, but he wanted to make a statement against the Russia investigation and help Stone, and he personally worked to craft the messaging to defend the commutation,ā€ the newspaper reported.
Trump apparently thought he would receive more credit if he bowed to the pressure to commute Stoneā€™s prison sentence. "

The prosecutorā€™s supervisor said that the case was being treated differently because of the defendantā€™s relationship with the president, according to planned testimony.

I am inclined to believe that even the most disgruntled republican will hold their nose and vote for Trump again. I do not trust that there is a single one of them with the moral courage to realize what a disaster Trump has been. Assuming any sort of falloff of support is complacency and a mistake.

What you are failing to realize is that Stone is a Senior Fucking Citizen, a first time non-violent offender, and the appropriate penalty was probation and rehabilitation, not sending him to the pen.

Further, the Jury was tainted, for the judge not to realize that is a shame.

I am inclined to believe that even the most disgruntled republican will hold their nose and vote for Trump again. I do not trust that there is a single one of them with the moral courage to realize what a disaster Trump has been. Assuming any sort of falloff of support is complacency and a mistake.

How do you figure? Kasich and Romney as well as the Bush Family are all devoted Bidenmaniacs.

What you are failing to realize is that Stone is a Senior Fucking Citizen, a first time non-violent offender, and the appropriate penalty was probation and rehabilitation, not sending him to the pen.

So, according to you, if a person is a senior citizen and a non violent first offender, they shouldn't have to go to prison? I suppose you think that Madoff should be released as well, eh?

So, according to you, if a person is a senior citizen and a non violent first offender, they shouldn't have to go to prison? I suppose you think that Madoff should be released as well, eh?
Madoff?...... :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Madoff's case is different because he embezzled money. In the politician's and big business world, messing with their money is worse than raping a baby.

What point are you trying to make?

How do you figure? Kasich and Romney as well as the Bush Family are all devoted Bidenmaniacs.
I see little evidence they have any influence over what passes for conservatism these days.

I see little evidence they have any influence over what passes for conservatism these days.
You are a good judge of true conservatism arent you

There are no conservatives these days.

Was the Stone commutation about Trump's buddy or was it just a political hack to keep his base in check?

"President Donald Trump has been disappointed in right-wing media for not giving him more credit for pardoning longtime advisor Roger Stone."

ā€œA senior administration official said there were serious divisions among Trumpā€™s aides and allies over Stoneā€™s case, with some cautioning that keeping him out of prison could be politically risky. Among those opposed was Attorney General William P. Barr, who called the prosecution ā€˜righteousā€™ in an interview Wednesday with ABC News, the official said, adding that those pushing Trump to show loyalty to Stone included Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who is close to the president,ā€ The Washington Post reported Saturday.
ā€œBy Saturday, Trump had grown frustrated that he was not getting more credit from conservative media and others for the Stone announcement, the official said. A second administration official said Trump had been warned that the commutation could depress his lagging poll numbers, but he wanted to make a statement against the Russia investigation and help Stone, and he personally worked to craft the messaging to defend the commutation,ā€ the newspaper reported.
Trump apparently thought he would receive more credit if he bowed to the pressure to commute Stoneā€™s prison sentence. "

Commuting Stone was the correct move, without a doubt.

Stone is a senior citizen, a non-violent first time offender. To send him to prison would have been an outrage.

Had the judge said that Stone would get put on probation or community service, that would have been fine. But he isn't a dangerous fellow and there is plenty of reason to think that he can be rehabilitated without going to the penitentiary.

Further, the trial he did have was unjust. The broad who was jury foreman hated his guts before the trial started. The judge didn't want to give Stone a new trial, Trump did the undoubtably right thing by taking matters into his own hands.

This is a good example the utter hypocrisy. Non violent drug offenders donā€˜t get that option. Just white collar criminals.

You are a good judge of true conservatism arent you
No such thing as true conservatism. The definition changes depending on who is in the white house.

Commuting Stone was the correct move, without a doubt.

Stone is a senior citizen, a non-violent first time offender. To send him to prison would have been an outrage.

Had the judge said that Stone would get put on probation or community service, that would have been fine. But he isn't a dangerous fellow and there is plenty of reason to think that he can be rehabilitated without going to the penitentiary.

Further, the trial he did have was unjust. The broad who was jury foreman hated his guts before the trial started. The judge didn't want to give Stone a new trial, Trump did the undoubtably right thing by taking matters into his own hands.

This is a good example the utter hypocrisy. Non violent drug offenders donā€˜t get that option. Just white collar criminals.

Actually, a LOT of drug pushers get off without imprisonment. If Mr. Stone was a black teenager convicted of a 1st time non-violent offense, libs would have a conniption if a judge wanted to send him to prison for life.

Further, the Jury was tainted, for the judge not to realize that is a shame.
BFD

The GOP is complicit. They figured they could ride on Trump's base and inherit it. They are so slimy, as soon as Trumpola ($$$) disappears it will be the death of them. At least for a few presidential election cycles.

Forum List

Back