Coming to a Red State near you....

Such as? Women who want to kill their unborn baby can still kill their unborn baby in most all Dem states that like killing their unborn babies.
It's time for Planned Parenthood (what a lie) to cough up some of the millions in taxpayer funds they receive annually to help women who can't afford to travel for an abortion. It's also time for states that make abortion illegal to beef up funding for the adoption of unwanted babies.

Roe granted a Constitutional right 50 years ago. Alito removed it. That is all that matters.
The court giveth and the court taketh away, eh? Why didn't the Democrats push for legislation to codify the same "rights" on the national level at some point over the last 50 years? My guess is it's because they always used the threat of overturning Roe as a way to beg for cash. Those on the Right do the same thing over gun rights.

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

The effects will be devastating for many women.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

Here is a taste of what to expect. Feel free to add more examples.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
Oh, Coyote. you're so easily manipulated by propaganda.

I see that others have already exposed your ignorance and irrationality vis-a-vis the imperatives of natural, constitutional and case law regarding the origin and appointment of rights.

As for this nonsense regarding vaguely defined exceptions and confusion over proper medical care. . . .

Those instances in which pregnancy poses a real threat to the mother's life in the early months of gestation are so very rare as to be virtually nonexistent.

And pregnancies at or beyond roughly 24 weeks of gestation are never aborted in instances of medical emergencies. Never! In the case of a medical emergency, no competent medical facility, including those in blue states that permit late-term abortions on demand, is going to inject toxic chemicals into a mother's womb and then wait for the several hours it takes to kill the baby and then remove it's remains. An abortion at this stage of pregnancy is extremely intrusive, prolonged, physically traumatic, and readily subject to serious complications, including severe bleeding and infection.

When there's an immediate threat to the mother's life after 24 to 25 weeks of gestation, labor is chemically induced if the mother can bear it. Otherwise, the child is removed from the womb via cesarean section. The child is removed alive, if possible, either way as soon as possible.

Pregnant women are not taken to abortion mills in cases of medical emergencies, dummy. They're taken to real hospitals. And the law and medical ethics require that medical professions do everything possible to save the life of both the mother and the gestationally viable child if possible.

They don't kill the baby or toss it into the trash once it's out of the womb!

Just how ignorant and gullible are you? By the way, I'm a man and I know these things. My wife and I informed ourselves and made all the necessary decisions regarding all the possible scenarios we might face before she went into labor.

How come you don't know these things? You are a woman, aren't you?

It isn't the Supreme Court's job to Represent the will of the People, so that doesn't matter at all.
That's why the poster was telling you that your Representatives in Congress should have done their job, and they didn't.

It also isn’t the Supreme Court’s job to make decisions based on political ideology. Agree about Congress but not three recent decisions that overturned decades (a century for one) of precedent and case law following exactly on partisan political lines. It is very rare for SCOTUS to ever turn over such a ruling, much less 3 decided on strictly partisan lines (unlike the original rulings).

It also isn’t the Supreme Court’s job to make decisions based on political ideology. Agree about Congress but not three recent decisions that overturned decades (a century for one) of precedent and case law following exactly on partisan political lines. It is very rare for SCOTUS to ever turn over such a ruling, much less 3 decided on strictly partisan lines (unlike the original rulings).

One's political leanings do not change the meanings of words ... Something Progressives need to understand.

In the Dobbs case, and overturning Roe and Casey, the Supreme Court just returns a Right reserved for the States back to the States.
It indicates no requirements in law, it doesn't attempt to limit Abortion as Roe did, and it doesn't make anyone do anything.

It doesn't even require a State to write a law that either allows or forbids Abortion ... That's on your elected Representatives.

With the other two cases, the Supreme Court indicated that Progressives cannot pretend the words in the first two amendments
of the Bill of Rights mean something they don't in order to suit their political desires.

The People's Right to bear arms, that shall not be infringed ... Means exactly that.
Freedom of Religion ... Means exactly that.

They don't mean ... Except for whatever way someone may figure out to pretend it means something else.

Last edited:
thank the lord they didnt do that and just based it on whats allowed by the constitution

For decades part of the political divide was the belief by the Left that the courts were a place to try to make the world a "better place".

This is not them making a decision based on political ideology. This is reversing decisions YOUR SIDE made based on political ideology.

What is stopping them?
Indicting a former President of sedition, treason, and/or fraud is serious business. The DOJ has to get its ducks in a row. The Jan. 6 committee is assisting in that effort.

Not only is Trump a former President, elected by the rural counties of America, and because he is still popular with the rural folks, he is the leader of the Republican Party and the heavy favorite to be the Republican candidate for President in 2024.

The DOJ has to be careful to show they are not biased.

So you are trying to say your side gets it's news from "respected" sources? LOL!
Please tell me what I have gotten wrong.

Trump Republicans are good at making baseless accusations.

That is because they can't substantiate their accusations. They do this over and over again.

Prove me wrong. What facts did I get wrong in my report?

Links? Exactly what precedents were overturned? Case specifics?

The Court's job is to follow the imperatives of natural and constitutional law. That means its job is to overturn every swinging dick and jane of Marxist bullshit the statist left has foisted on the Republic.

Indicting a former President of sedition, treason, and/or fraud is serious business. The DOJ has to get its ducks in a row. The Jan. 6 committee is assisting in that effort.

Not only is Trump a former President, elected by the rural counties of America, and because he is still popular with the rural folks, he is the leader of the Republican Party and the heavy favorite to be the Republican candidate for President in 2024.

Ha ha ha, then you can't answer the question about something well investigated for over 2 years there is little left to gather.

I don't think it will happen since at best all they have is possible conspiracy because they never went beyond talking about it.

I don't think it will happen since at best all they have is possible conspiracy because they never went beyond talking about it.
The truth of the matter is that this is nothing more than democrat political theater designed to distract from the myriad failures of this administration and the democrat party as a whole. More wasted taxpayer $$$ on scam investigations. If the democrats would work as hard for the country as they are working against the country, we would be the greatest nation on earth again.

The Jan. 6 committee is assisting in that effort.

LOL!

Please tell me what I have gotten wrong.

Trump Republicans are good at making baseless accusations.

That is because they can't substantiate their accusations. They do this over and over again.

Prove me wrong. What facts did I get wrong in my report?

Was the Hunter laptop real?

Forum List

Back