Coming to a Red State near you....

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

The effects will be devastating for many women.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

Here is a taste of what to expect. Feel free to add more examples.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
In around half or maybe a little more, abortion will be available through week 12 or 15. As my daughter reminded me, much depends on how many harassments the state applies, because its not difficult to figure what happens to a woman who doesn't act until week 6 or so, and then has to jump through hoops, and then get an appointment. Obviously mifepristone is a key.

In states like Miss, OK and SD, doctors will lose their licenses for prescribing mifepristone. In those states abortion was already unavailable because clinics were unavailable. Biden unfortunately is so doddering, and his entire admin incompetent, I don't have a lot of hope that the FDA will act to protect telemed an out of state mailing.

So, pardon the length, the real issue is the SC saying women simply don't have a privacy right to their own bodies. Politically, some republicans in swing states should lose over abortion. But will this legal assault cause women, and men, to again assault back?
There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

The effects will be devastating for many women.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

Here is a taste of what to expect. Feel free to add more examples.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
I'm not aware of an individual right being taken away by the Sup Ct either. They didn't even do that for owning slaves. It's taken me awhile to respond to your op, because the subject is large, and I don't want my post to be as well. (-:

Anyway, the practical effect of this will be on poor women in theocrat states, but Miss and ND have only had one clinic for years. For all practical purposes, women have not had a right to safe and secure clinically performed abortion for at least a decade. I read somewhere that half of all abortions are with mifepristone. Miss is going to take away medical licenses for any md prescribing this. I wouldn't my breath for Biden to do anything about telemed and prescriptions filled by mail.

So, imo it's going to be a long political slog. It'd take a miracle for the dems to hold the WH and congress in 24. Was getting rid of Trump worth electing Biden? Imo obviously yes, since despite identifying as pro choice, Trump created this as well as an insurrection. Roe was .... a dead woman walking anyway.

What strikes me is that we had 6 Justices (5 who are Catholic) saying the equal protection clause does not apply to women in issues of reproduction. Even the current Pope doesn't go that far. I understand the SC wanted to forestall any cases holding EP guarantees a right to abortion, but they wanted to go further.

In the coming years and decades, we’ll see Republican state lawmakers enact all manner of discriminatory measures – measures initially invalidated by the lower courts consistent with current 14th Amendment jurisprudence, but ultimately upheld by this activist, extreme, and radical conservative Supreme Court.

And with every discriminatory measure upheld, the settled, accepted precedent that was 14th Amendment case law will be eroded and in time eliminated.

We know this to be true because this activist, extreme, and radical conservative Supreme Court has no respect for precedent – if it had, it wouldn’t have overturned Roe.
Only one problem with your fairy tale. There is no amendment guaranteeing an abortion nor permitting murder.

In the coming years and decades, we’ll see Republican state lawmakers enact all manner of discriminatory measures – measures initially invalidated by the lower courts consistent with current 14th Amendment jurisprudence, but ultimately upheld by this activist, extreme, and radical conservative Supreme Court.

And with every discriminatory measure upheld, the settled, accepted precedent that was 14th Amendment case law will be eroded and in time eliminated.

We know this to be true because this activist, extreme, and radical conservative Supreme Court has no respect for precedent – if it had, it wouldn’t have overturned Roe.
They respect the Constitution. What they did is not radical it is exactly what the founders wanted. It is now up to the people and their vote. It could not be more democratic or more American.

The fact that they cannot get the votes is what they are bitching about.

In around half or maybe a little more, abortion will be available through week 12 or 15. As my daughter reminded me, much depends on how many harassments the state applies, because its not difficult to figure what happens to a woman who doesn't act until week 6 or so, and then has to jump through hoops, and then get an appointment. Obviously mifepristone is a key.

In states like Miss, OK and SD, doctors will lose their licenses for prescribing mifepristone. In those states abortion was already unavailable because clinics were unavailable. Biden unfortunately is so doddering, and his entire admin incompetent, I don't have a lot of hope that the FDA will act to protect telemed an out of state mailing.

So, pardon the length, the real issue is the SC saying women simply don't have a privacy right to their own bodies. Politically, some republicans in swing states should lose over abortion. But will this legal assault cause women, and men, to again assault back?

I'm not aware of an individual right being taken away by the Sup Ct either. They didn't even do that for owning slaves. It's taken me awhile to respond to your op, because the subject is large, and I don't want my post to be as well. (-:

Anyway, the practical effect of this will be on poor women in theocrat states, but Miss and ND have only had one clinic for years. For all practical purposes, women have not had a right to safe and secure clinically performed abortion for at least a decade. I read somewhere that half of all abortions are with mifepristone. Miss is going to take away medical licenses for any md prescribing this. I wouldn't my breath for Biden to do anything about telemed and prescriptions filled by mail.

So, imo it's going to be a long political slog. It'd take a miracle for the dems to hold the WH and congress in 24. Was getting rid of Trump worth electing Biden? Imo obviously yes, since despite identifying as pro choice, Trump created this as well as an insurrection. Roe was .... a dead woman walking anyway.

What strikes me is that we had 6 Justices (5 who are Catholic) saying the equal protection clause does not apply to women in issues of reproduction. Even the current Pope doesn't go that far. I understand the SC wanted to forestall any cases holding EP guarantees a right to abortion, but they wanted to go further.
What a bunch of crap that was. You have to feel relieved.

First of all, I don't see where the court ruled that a zygote is a human being. Second of all, you are basically a nothing while Supreme Court justices reached the pinnacle of their careers by having extensive knowledge of the law. Your opinion pales rather significantly to their expertise. Your opinion has no standing other than a drone speaking from the collective.
I am correct and legal experts are where I get my opinion from. So my opinion is just as a valid as yours since you are a nothing as well. The fact remains that the justices did not respect stare decisis or the 9th and 14th amendments. The supreme court has made mistakes before and this is a mistake.

They respect the Constitution. What they did is not radical it is exactly what the founders wanted. It is now up to the people and their vote. It could not be more democratic or more American.

The fact that they cannot get the votes is what they are bitching about.
Bullshit. They took away a right. They lied about respecting and ahering to stare decisis. Abortion was protected by the 14th amendment. The founders lived in the 1700's and made a document that could be amended.

Funny how those like you are fine with understanding the past until your racist beliefs about that same past are challenged.

Bullshit. They took away a right. They lied about respecting and ahering to stare decisis. Abortion was protected by the 14th amend in the 1700's and made a document that could be amended.
They gave it back to the states. The fact that alot of states disagree with the Democrats is just too bad. Now the voter decides as it should be,

They gave it back to the states. The fact that alot of states disagree with the Democrats is just too bad. Now the voter decides as it should be,
Actually the majority of the American people did not want Roe overturned and states are not where national problems should be settled.

Last edited:
Then you should have no problem getting the votes you need. Stop worrying.
States rights concern me and especially now that republican states can overrule decisions made by voters. Abortion is not a state matter.

I am correct and legal experts are where I get my opinion from. So my opinion is just as a valid as yours since you are a nothing as well. The fact remains that the justices did not respect stare decisis or the 9th and 14th amendments. The supreme court has made mistakes before and this is a mistake.
Ummmmmmmmm, there are legal experts on both sides. You just choose to listen to YOUR side's legal experts. You don't get any higher legal experts than members of the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court does not have the authority to make Constitutional Rights

The Supreme Court does not have the authority to make Constitutional Rights

You are so right, and the one you responded to is a perfect example of this:

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronaldus Maximus

Neither.

I think their job is to interpret the Constitution as it was written and intended, take it along with any relevant precedents and case law and apply it to today’s world. We don’t live in 1776 any more, that is why I don’t agree with “originalism”.
“Originalism” is as much of an interpretation of the Constitution as any other interpretive paradigm; indeed, there’s nothing ‘original’ about ‘originalism’ – it’s constitutional interpretation based on conservative political dogma, just as failed and wrongheaded.

Forum List

Back