Coming to a Red State near you....

Yes, I've been called an Islamophobe here by left wingers when I said the religion is in need of a Reformation.

A now you, a mindless Trumpster, try it, too.

Amazing how similar the two ugly ends of our spectrum can be. I always appreciate the confirmation.

You said Caliphates are built to spread, like that's a bad thing.

Why do you hate Islam?

Alito made it clear that Justices in a 6-3 decision did not consider abortions to he a Constitutional Right, as there is nothing in the Constitution that states that.

Alito went on to make it clear, however, that the PEOPLE'S right to legislate the practice of abortions should be left up to the PEOPLE, which is why the USSC returned that power / authority back to the people.

"We therefore hold that the Constitution does not confer a right to abortion. Roe and Casey must be overruled, and the authority to regulate abortion must be returned to the people and their elected representatives."

www.foxnews.com/politics/10-key-quotes-justice-alitos-opinion-overturning-roe-v-wade.amp

Roe ‘relies on an erroneous historical narrative’

"Roe found that the Constitution implicitly conferred a right to obtain an abortion, but it failed to ground its decision in text, history, or precedent. It relied on an erroneous historical narrative; it devoted great attention to and presumably relied on matters that have no bearing on the meaning of the Constitution; it disregarded the fundamental difference between the precedents on which it relied and the question before the Court; it concocted an elaborate set of rules, with different restrictions for each trimester of pregnancy, but it did not explain how this veritable code could be teased out of anything in the Constitution, the history of abortion laws, prior precedent, or any other cited source; and its most important rule (that States cannot protect fetal life prior to ‘viability’) was never raised by any Opinion of the Court party and has never been plausibly explained."

what 'erroneous historical narrative' is he on about here?

~S~

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

The effects will be devastating for many women.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

Here is a taste of what to expect. Feel free to add more examples.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
Constitutional right ? Where does it mention abortions in the Constitution ?

Problem is, we have the same laws now and doctors are going to be reluctant to err on the side of the mother if the might face life in prison.
thats a good thing since most abortions are not for the health of either child or mother,,

you ever going to address my question on late term abortions up to birth??

Problem is, we have the same laws now and doctors are going to be reluctant to err on the side of the mother if the might face life in prison.
We have seen doctors lie through their teeth about Covid. They, like anyone else, will do anything for money when they think they can get away with it. We are a sorry bunch thanks to about 50 years of brainwashing.

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
Show me where in the Constitution it says "You have the right to murder your baby in the womb" I'll wait.

i’ve never heard of the courts sayijg a medical procedure was a constitutional right…

thats a good thing since most abortions are not for the health of either child or mother,,
...so it is a good thing then the mother then has a much higher risk of dying?

On abortion up to birth...never heard of it being done. The law requires that babies born alive be treated. I suspect the "abortion up to birth" is based on fear of slippery slopes once you start to ban it.

I certainly do not support late term elective abortions, but no what the mother's life and health cannot comprimised.

Reality is at this point, the baby is wanted.

Now can you provide me with an actualcase of an abortion at 8 months that was elective?

you ever going to address my question on late term abortions up to birth??

On abortion up to birth...never heard of it being done. The law requires that babies born alive be treated. I suspect the "abortion up to birth" is based on fear of slippery slopes once you start to ban it.

I certainly do not support late term elective abortions, but no what the mother's life and health cannot comprimised.

Now can you provide me with an actualcase of an abortion at 8 months that was elective?
thats not what I said,,

and youre still dodging the question,,
you may not know of them happening but I assure you they have,,
my question was if they arent happening then why did some states make it legal to abort right up until birth??
not to mention the governor from virginia talking abort abortion after birth,,

Does it take a special kind of stupid to believe the restoration of rights to states is wrong?

The recent USSC decision does only that.

It doesn't sanctify abortions.

It doesn't prohibit abortions.

It allows states to choose for themselves.

As The Constitution was constructed to do.

Or would progressives prefer a new Hitler who would make all decision for them? OK, so they've forgot how to think for themselves but if we re-established an education system in place of the present indoctrination camps is there no hope that they might learn.

Or is it really too late?

Forum List

Back