Comey Rule

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
This is a 4 part series on Neftflix about Comey and his firing by Trump. It is based of what has been reported in the news media and Jim Comey's book.

First, I would recommend that republican supporters of Trump bypass this series. It is just as damning of Trump as has been reported. For those on the Left, there isn't much new here.

As for the series, I found it a bit boring, nothing new. Performances were adequate but nothing exceptional. The presentation seemed a bit chaotic and lacked any real drama. Jeff Daniels under played Comey who was actually pretty fiery.

This is a 4 part series on Neftflix about Comey and his firing by Trump. It is based of what has been reported in the news media and Jim Comey's book.

First, I would recommend that republican supporters of Trump bypass this series. It is just as damning of Trump as has been reported. For those on the Left, there isn't much new here.

As for the series, I found it a bit boring, nothing new. Performances were adequate but nothing exceptional. The presentation seemed a bit chaotic and lacked any real drama. Jeff Daniels under played Comey who was actually pretty fiery.
Read the whole thing.. it not like he needed an internal IRS audit. The Att General is onto tramp targeting people he did not like.

Read the whole thing.. it not like he needed an internal IRS audit. The Att General is onto tramp targeting people he did not like.

But remember, kids -- it's okay when Democrats do it.

If it's based on what's been reported and on Comey's book, why do you believe it's an accurate, honest, and unbiased portrayal?
I didn't say it was accurate. I said, "It is based of what has been reported in the news media and Jim Comey's book." I believe for most part it is correct; that is Trump did try to pressure Comey into shutting down an investigation of a senior advisor's link to Russia and did try to pressure Comey to make announcements that he was not under investigation. These statements are supported by Comey's written account of the Trump meetings filled immediately after the meetings and copies sent to key FBI and justice officials. Also Trump's tweets certainly seem to supports Comey's claims. Finally there's Trump history into demanding total loyalty within his business dealings and his campaign for president. Trump simply could not except the fact that an FDI director can not pledge his loyalty to the president, so he fired him.

In short, I believe the major issues Comey presented are correct. However, I would expect some details presented in the series are more conjecture than fact such as Trump's comments about other people in his administration and past administrations.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was accurate. I said, "It is based of what has been reported in the news media and Jim Comey's book." I believe for most part it is correct; that is Trump did try to pressure Comey into shutting down an investigation of a senior advisor's link to Russia and did try pressure to Comey to make announcements that he was not under investigation. These statements are supported by Comey's written account of the Trump meeting filled immediately after the meetings and copies sent to key FBI and justice officials. Also Trump's tweets certain seem to supports Comey's claims. Finally there's Trump history into demanding total loyalty within his business dealings and his campaign for president. Trump simply could not except the fact that an FDI director can not pledge his loyal to a president, so he fired him.

In short, I believe the major issues Comey presented are correct. However, I would expect some details presented in movie are more conjecture than fact such as Trump's comments about other people in his administration and past administrations.
Soooo...it's true because you want it to be.

Soooo...it's true because you want it to be.
Frankly, I have no interest in the Comey affair. Trump has the power to fire an FBI Director for any reason or no reason. The fact that he fired Comey for political reasons is something for voters to consider.

Frankly, I have no interest in the Comey affair. Trump has the power to fire an FBI Director for any reason or no reason. The fact that he fired Comey for political reasons is something for voters to consider.
Okay. It's not going to matter to most people. They're too busy worrying about inflation and gas prices.

Okay. It's not going to matter to most people. They're too busy worrying about inflation and gas prices.
No Comment
My intent was to just review the series not to have a political debate about Comey and it's relevance in the upcoming election which I find even less interesting than the series.

I didn't say it was accurate. I said, "It is based of what has been reported in the news media and Jim Comey's book." I believe for most part it is correct; that is Trump did try to pressure Comey into shutting down an investigation of a senior advisor's link to Russia and did try to pressure Comey to make announcements that he was not under investigation
Comey told Trump that he wasn't under investigation 3 times before he was fired. If true, why shouldn't there be an expectation for him to tell the public if his boss wanted him to do so.

Oh, that's right...It's legal for the FBI to lie, but it is illegal for a civilian to lie to the FBI.

Where are the republican movies on liberals? Has anyone made a movie about the Clinton's, Obama or Hunter and the Biden's?

Comey told Trump that he wasn't under investigation 3 times before he was fired. If true, why shouldn't there be an expectation for him to tell the public if his boss wanted him to do so.

Oh, that's right...It's legal for the FBI to lie, but it is illegal for a civilian to lie to the FBI.
"In the testimony, published by the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday, Comey also said the main reason he did not publicly announce that Trump was not part of the bureau's Russia probe was that "it would create a duty to correct, should that change." It is against FBI protocols to make public announcements about details of on going or planed investigation because the nature of investigations can change in a heart beat and as Comey said, it would create the duty to correct the statement(s). That of course would be seen by the media as a flip-flop by the FBI and result in calls to fire the director because he lied to predisent..

Guidelines created by Justice Department clearly state that communications between the Department and the White House concerning pending or contemplated criminal investigations or cases will involve only the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General, (not the FBI). When Trump requested the meeting with Comely, he should have shot off a memo to Trump cc the Attorney General that any meeting with the Director of the FBI where there will be any discussions of investigations directed at the president or his staff must include either the AG or Asst. AG.

"In the testimony, published by the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday, Comey also said the main reason he did not publicly announce that Trump was not part of the bureau's Russia probe was that "it would create a duty to correct, should that change." It is against FBI protocols to make public announcements about details of on going or planed investigation because the nature of investigations can change in a heart beat and as Comey said, it would create the duty to correct the statement(s). That of course would be seen by the media as a flip-flop by the FBI and result in calls to fire the director because he lied to predisent..

Guidelines created by Justice Department clearly state that communications between the Department and the White House concerning pending or contemplated criminal investigations or cases will involve only the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General, (not the FBI). When Trump requested the meeting with Comely, he should have shot off a memo to Trump cc the Attorney General that any meeting with the Director of the FBI where there will be any discussions of investigations directed at the president or his staff must include either the AG or Asst. AG.

Actually, the main reason Comey didn't announce publicly that Trump wasn't under investigation was because he was targeting Trump for investigation, otherwise he would not have sent the "notes" to his friend to start a chain reaction that would result in a special counsel. Of course that is just my opinion so don't ask for a link.

Forum List

Back