Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Well, um... they kind of do. If they have the nasty butt sex in public, they'll be arrested for lewd behavior.

It was also about protecting people from a state religion. Good thing, too, because the last thing we wanted is what they had in England for centuries, of a new prayer book every time you got a new monarch.

Oh, the first amendment says Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion. Separation of Church and State.

Okay, I wasn't going to do this... but let's look at the OLD Testament on slavery. God loves him some slavery... until he didn't.

Bible stories that show God's approval of slavery:

God blessed Abraham by giving him lots of slaves ("servants" in the KJV), insisting that all the male slaves be circumscised.

When Sarah's slave Hagar flees from Sarah who is mistreating her (with Abraham's blessing), God sends an angel to tell her to go back to her abusive owner.

Abraham's favorite son Isaac was also a proud slave owner. You can tell how great he was by how many slaves he owned.

God cursed the Gibeonites to be slaves of the Jews forever.

Rules for slave owners from the Hebrew Scriptures:

I don't have to prove the homophobic little twat "hates" anyone.

There's a law.
He broke it.
Done.

Well, um... they kind of do. If they have the nasty butt sex in public, they'll be arrested for lewd behavior.

We’ll, in that regard, everyone has to practice their sexuality behind closed doors. You are apparently suggesting that religious people must keep their religion to themselves and they can’t freely exercise their cotus protected rights, so if that’s the case, the gay people should keep their lifestyle to themselves and not freely be open about it, right? I mean, why would one group be allowed to have their freedom and not another ?

Oh, the first amendment says Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion. Separation of Church and State.

Exactly, the government can’t enact a national religion. It also can’t prohibit the free exercise of religion. That does not mean religion can’t be in government, and it also means that government can’t make laws to force someone to violate their religious beliefs.

Your posting of the Bible quotes shows that people of that time owned servants, but my point was is that the Bible doesn’t teach that you have to own slaves as part of its religion.

I don't have to prove the homophobic little twat "hates" anyone.

There's a law.
He broke it.
Done.

There you go again, calling him homophobic. You have no idea if he is homophonic or not, you just assume he is because he is exercising his religious observations. As has been said many times, he never refused to do business with those people, he just wouldn’t do an act that would have been considered his participation in their celebrations.

You do realize that not everyone who refuses to do something is doing so because they hate that thing?

We’ll, in that regard, everyone has to practice their sexuality behind closed doors. You are apparently suggesting that religious people must keep their religion to themselves and they can’t freely exercise their cotus protected rights, so if that’s the case, the gay people should keep their lifestyle to themselves and not freely be open about it, right? I mean, why would one group be allowed to have their freedom and not another ?
Because they're icky and make him feel things he doesn't want to feel so he thinks the government should make them stop.
Exactly, the government can’t enact a national religion. It also can’t prohibit the free exercise of religion. That does not mean religion can’t be in government, and it also means that government can’t make laws to force someone to violate their religious beliefs.

Your posting of the Bible quotes shows that people of that time owned servants, but my point was is that the Bible doesn’t teach that you have to own slaves as part of its religion.
God never approved of slavery. Apparently, acknowledging that people did slavery is condoning it.
There you go again, calling him homophobic. You have no idea if he is homophonic or not, you just assume he is because he is exercising his religious observations. As has been said many times, he never refused to do business with those people, he just wouldn’t do an act that would have been considered his participation in their celebrations.

You do realize that not everyone who refuses to do something is doing so because they hate that thing?
But they have to in order to maintain the narrative that anyone who disagrees is icky and must be castigated in all forms at all times.

Well, they do. Fuck Gay people are regularly beaten up by bigots like you and Philips. I've known gay people who have lost their jobs when their bosses found out they were gay, and until recently, they had little protection. I really honestly do not want to hear this shit about how Philips is being oppressed.

Well, good thing no one was doing that here. The same rule applies to someone who refuses service on religious grounds as the ones who refuse service because they think the butt sex is icky. (Although the latter is at least being honest.)

Okay, if you are going to be that fucking disingenous... I'm not sure what I can do with you.

Slavery is all over the bible. God never said once, "Slavery is wrong." God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

Yes, I think you have to be a truly hateful person to burn a pile of money in order to express your hate of gay people. To me, it makes not a lick of sense.

Well, they do. Fuck Gay people are regularly beaten up by bigots like you and Philips. I've known gay people who have lost their jobs when their bosses found out they were gay, and until recently, they had little protection. I really honestly do not want to hear this shit about how Philips is being oppressed.

Well, good thing no one was doing that here. The same rule applies to someone who refuses service on religious grounds as the ones who refuse service because they think the butt sex is icky. (Although the latter is at least being honest.)

Okay, if you are going to be that fucking disingenous... I'm not sure what I can do with you.

Slavery is all over the bible. God never said once, "Slavery is wrong." God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

Yes, I think you have to be a truly hateful person to burn a pile of money in order to express your hate of gay people. To me, it makes not a lick of sense.

Really? They are? Where is then media coverage of that? I know I haven’t beaten anyone up. Where religious freedom is concerned, what’s happening to Philips IS oppression. His rights are being trampled on. You are the one suggesting that people who are religious should have to practice their religion behind the closed doors of their house, I’m simply stating that if you think that, then maybe gay people should have to keep that behind closed doors too, since one persons rights are no more important than another’s.

Well, good thing no one was doing that here. The same rule applies to someone who refuses service on religious grounds as the ones who refuse service because they think the butt sex is icky. (Although the latter is at least being honest.

You are the one who brought up separation of church and state, I was simply making an observation that that phrase, which isn’t in the cotus, meant something different than what you think it does. From my reading, it was a protection of the churches that government would not establish a national religion, even state governments. It also means that government can’t make laws that force you to violate right.

You are the one who brought the Bible and slavery into this, presumably as a way to say that observing Christianity means you should support slavery or something like that. All I’m doing here is saying that, yeah, “servants” were a thing in the Bible, but the Bible never teaches that in order to be a Christian, you have to own or support slavery. There is nothing disingenuous about that.

Also, i says “servants” because, I’m not so sure that a servant necessarily means a “slave”. I don’t know, im not up on all that, but weren’t there servants by choice? Kind of like as a profession of sorts?

you just can’t get passed the idea that it’s hate driven. Do you really not think that some people do things for their religious observances? Again, you keep saying hate, and I’ll say the same thing, show me the hate. Show me Phillips’ history of derogatory statements about gay people, his social media posts, prior history of complaints from gay people because he refused to do work for them for other things.

If I were a baker I'd turn down only u er wealthy folk. Or charge them triple what I'd charge everyone else. The latter is fair.

So.
Would you force a Muslim baker to make a big penis cake for a Gay wedding?

lol they avoid stuff like that; faggots don't want to get beheaded by a baker, they just go after passive white people who will get no support from their peers and left to swing in the wind against criminal thuggery by Democrats.

I volunteer to fuck that cake and fill it with unvaxxed jizz.

Tommy can have the first bite.

And I'll do it for free.

The faggots would pay triple for that. The guests all probably watch each other masterbate on it anyway, then fight over who gets the first slice. They're into really sick shit, which of course the media always fails to report on.

Really? They are? Where is then media coverage of that? I know I haven’t beaten anyone up. Where religious freedom is concerned, what’s happening to Philips IS oppression. His rights are being trampled on. You are the one suggesting that people who are religious should have to practice their religion behind the closed doors of their house, I’m simply stating that if you think that, then maybe gay people should have to keep that behind closed doors too, since one persons rights are no more important than another’s.

The happy day will be the one when the last church closes it's doors.

But until then, keep your bronze age shit to yourself.

If Baby Jesus tells Philips to hate gay people, then he should find something else to do for a living.

You are the one who brought up separation of church and state, I was simply making an observation that that phrase, which isn’t in the cotus, meant something different than what you think it does. From my reading, it was a protection of the churches that government would not establish a national religion, even state governments. It also means that government can’t make laws that force you to violate right.

And no one asked him to.

You see, Public Accommedation laws don't care WHY your business refuses service. It just states you can't. And it applies equally to everyone.

You are the one who brought the Bible and slavery into this, presumably as a way to say that observing Christianity means you should support slavery or something like that. All I’m doing here is saying that, yeah, “servants” were a thing in the Bible, but the Bible never teaches that in order to be a Christian, you have to own or support slavery. There is nothing disingenuous about that.

The bible teaches exactly that and tells slaves that they have to put up with it. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

Also, i says “servants” because, I’m not so sure that a servant necessarily means a “slave”. I don’t know, im not up on all that, but weren’t there servants by choice? Kind of like as a profession of sorts?

Servents are paid and can quit. Slaves are bought and cannot. The bible pretty clearly defines slaves.

you just can’t get passed the idea that it’s hate driven. Do you really not think that some people do things for their religious observances? Again, you keep saying hate, and I’ll say the same thing, show me the hate. Show me Phillips’ history of derogatory statements about gay people, his social media posts, prior history of complaints from gay people because he refused to do work for them for other things.
Nope. The fact he is willing to burn so much money in the middle of the street to hate on gays is proof of his hate.
Also, stupid.
Me, I hate Mormons, but I'll gladly take their money.

Thank goodness that's not going on here. That would be bad.

Nope. The fact he is willing to burn so much money in the middle of the street to hate on gays is proof of his hate.
Also, stupid.
We know you hate a lot of people, your posts demonstrate that all the time, but thank goodness the baker isn't doing that. That would be bad.

If Baby Jesus tells Philips to hate gay people, then he should find something else to do for a living.

And no one asked him to.

You see, Public Accommedation laws don't care WHY your business refuses service. It just states you can't. And it applies equally to everyone.

The bible teaches exactly that and tells slaves that they have to put up with it. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

Servents are paid and can quit. Slaves are bought and cannot. The bible pretty clearly defines slaves.

Also, stupid.

Well, youll probably be waiting awhile then, because I don’t see that happening any time soon.

Ok, then keep your homosexual stuff to yourself then….

Nobody is telling anyone to hate anyone. You are hung up on “hate”. I’m going to assume it’s because of your total disdain for religion that you feel this way?

And no one asked him to.

Sure they did, when they asked him to violate his protected rights. And, once again, congres cannot write a law that contradicts cotus.

No it doesn’t. Show me where in the Bible it teaches that you are required to own slaves to be a Christian.

Yeah, but there are also servants in the Bible, and there are also slaves, that doesn’t mean that if someone has servants that means they were slaves.

Nobody is telling anyone to hate anyone. You are hung up on “hate”. I’m going to assume it’s because of your total disdain for religion that you feel this way?

Of course it is. You are cherry picking one thing out of your Big Book of Bronze Age Fairy Tales to rationalize your hate. If you hated everyone the bible tells you to hate, we'd have no end to strife in this country.

Sure they did, when they asked him to violate his protected rights. And, once again, congres cannot write a law that contradicts cotus.
Except COTUS doesn't apply here.
Congress didn't write this law, the State of Colorado did.
The law didn't apply to him, it applied to his business.

No it doesn’t. Show me where in the Bible it teaches that you are required to own slaves to be a Christian.
Wow, talk about missing the point.

Yeah, but there are also servants in the Bible, and there are also slaves, that doesn’t mean that if someone has servants that means they were slaves.
If you are just going to ignore what's in your own bible because it's unpleasant for you, you can do that. Just be honest and admit that's what you are doing.

God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

Of course it is. You are cherry picking one thing out of your Big Book of Bronze Age Fairy Tales to rationalize your hate. If you hated everyone the bible tells you to hate, we'd have no end to strife in this country.
Name someone the Bible tells us to hate. You know, back up your assertion if you can. Of course, if you can't, you could just fart and walk away.

Gays. People who don't believe in your sky fairy.
I guess I should have been more specific. Tell us what chapter and verse tells us to hate these people. You say it's in there, but there are a LOT of chapters and verses in the Bible, so it would be helpful to know which ones are telling us to hate, because we're apparently not seeing them and are failing to hate.

I guess I should have been more specific. Tell us what chapter and verse tells us to hate these people. You say it's in there, but there are a LOT of chapters and verses in the Bible, so it would be helpful to know which ones are telling us to hate, because we're apparently not seeing them and are failing to hate.

Why is it my job to find verses in your holy books? I kind of suspect if more Christians read the bible, we'd have more atheists.

Why is it my job to find verses in your holy books? I kind of suspect if more Christians read the bible, we'd have more atheists.

Good, good, good. You're making a few steps in the right direction, but you're not there yet. You see, nowhere in any of that are we instructed to hate any of those people. On the contrary, we are told to love them. Don't forget, Jesus died for us while we were still enemies with Him. That's NOT hate.

You are confusing the sin with the sinner. Don't feel bad, it's a mistake a LOT of people make.

Good, good, good. You're making a few steps in the right direction, but you're not there yet. You see, nowhere in any of that are we instructed to hate any of those people. On the contrary, we are told to love them. Don't forget, Jesus died for us while we were still enemies with Him. That's NOT hate.

You are confusing the sin with the sinner. Don't feel bad, it's a mistake a LOT of people make.
You demonstrated why I don't do links... thank for reminding me before I put you back on ignore.

Forum List

Back