Coca-Cola required ID in 2020 shareholder meeting, but slams Georgia for voter ID law

When I began voting there was no early voting and you needed a valid reason for absentee ballots. I don't see where there is suppression.

Hypocrites.

It's so important to protect the sanctity of our shareholders and keep the riff raff out, but, the sanctity of your vote is not important to us.

Coca-Cola has released a statement condemning Georgia’s new voting legislation, but the company requires valid ID to be admitted to its annual meeting of shareholders.

“At the entrance to the meeting, we will verify your registration and request to see your admission ticket and a valid form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport,” the company wrote in reference to its 2020 annual meeting of shareholders, held before the coronavirus pandemic.

Georgia’s new voting law requires a drivers’ license or state ID number be listed to submit an absentee ballot to vote, among other new reforms. The state already required ID to vote in person. It had previously relied on signature matching to verify ballots.

Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta. This week, the beverage company, among other Georgia-based companies, issued statements condemning the new legislation after threats of boycott.

I suppose a Coca-Cola board meeting is a right then.
Since voting is a right, you have to make sure those doing it actually are entitled to that right. Non-citizens do not have that right, so verification of citizenship is a logical prerequisite.
Attending a shareholders’ meeting is not a ‘right,’ however – hence the false comparison fallacy.
it is certainly a right..you have the right to own property in this country...that includes a company, or shares of a company. If you own shares of a company you have a right to go to share holder meetings.

Obviously, Coke who thinks minorities are too stupid to get an ID, also doesn't want them owning or partaking in company policies.
Wrong.

Constitutional rights concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or private entities.

Coca-Cola is not government, it is a private entity.

The state of Georgia is government, subject to Constitutional restrictions – such as being prohibited from placing an undue burden to the right to vote.

Well, rights are, generally, defined as a power that the government doesn't have and you do, and are protected from government intrusion.

Literally the Magna Carta and the English Bill of Rights were a power grab against the
Hypocrites.

It's so important to protect the sanctity of our shareholders and keep the riff raff out, but, the sanctity of your vote is not important to us.

Coca-Cola has released a statement condemning Georgia’s new voting legislation, but the company requires valid ID to be admitted to its annual meeting of shareholders.

“At the entrance to the meeting, we will verify your registration and request to see your admission ticket and a valid form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport,” the company wrote in reference to its 2020 annual meeting of shareholders, held before the coronavirus pandemic.

Georgia’s new voting law requires a drivers’ license or state ID number be listed to submit an absentee ballot to vote, among other new reforms. The state already required ID to vote in person. It had previously relied on signature matching to verify ballots.

Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta. This week, the beverage company, among other Georgia-based companies, issued statements condemning the new legislation after threats of boycott.

Since voting is a right, you have to make sure those doing it actually are entitled to that right. Non-citizens do not have that right, so verification of citizenship is a logical prerequisite.
Attending a shareholders’ meeting is not a ‘right,’ however – hence the false comparison fallacy.
it is certainly a right..you have the right to own property in this country...that includes a company, or shares of a company. If you own shares of a company you have a right to go to share holder meetings.

Obviously, Coke who thinks minorities are too stupid to get an ID, also doesn't want them owning or partaking in company policies.

Is it a RIGHT to own property? Or is it something that you can just do?

There's a big difference.
yes, you have the right to own property.

What do you think a "right" is?

Well, a right is a power taken from the people with power, usually the monarch or the government and given to the people.

People have a tendency of saying they have a right to everything and anything when it's not really a right.
Your first post, then sort of contradicts your second.

I agree that a right is something that individuals have and the Govt generally can not take away or limit without due proces
So yes, you have a right to own property.

As far as your second point, no rights do not come from Govt. at least not in our Country, or any free society.

Well, not really. Not sure which first post you're talking about. The first post was that attending a board meeting isn't a right. And it's not. It's just something you can do.
huh? what do you think a right is?

A right is a power that has been taken away from those with the most power.
huh? explain that?

A right has been taken away from someone with power? Everyone has rights, we are all born with them, we are all born free. Locke said it best, and you can find his influence directly in our Founders and Founding documents...we are born with certain unalienable rights, the rights to life, liberty, and right to property, or pursuit of happiness.

These rights aren't taken from anyone...we all of them inheritably

We're actually not born with rights.

Rights is a human construct. We've developed a nice little story around what rights are. Some claim they've from God, others claim they're there because we're human.

The reality is something different.

And I understand the theories behind rights, but I'm looking at the reality of rights.
Yes we are born free. The human construction is the limitations on that freedom...ie Govt.

Really? So a caveman was born and he could do whatever he wanted? If a lion came up to him and was like "yo, cavedude, I'm going to eat you", the cavedude could reply "nah, I was born free, feck off"?why
Sure...but that doesn't mean the lion couldn't still eat him.

Exactly.

The lion has POWER. The caveman has power too.

Is the caveman therefore "free"?

Not really. It's the problem with anarchism. If you have anarchy, people will step in and take power and impose it on others. So you end up with no anarchy anyway.

"freedom" is often an illusion. We're controlled by forces around us all the time regardless of whether it's normal people, government forces like the police, bosses, the system, whatever.

No one has ever been 100% free.

"Freedom" is relative. We look at China and say "they're not free", and they might look at you and say "well, look at your crime rate, how is that free?"

Are you really saying that China’s system is better?

Did you see me write "China's system is better"? If not, then no, I'm not saying that.

By supposing what a Chinese person would prose, you implied that their system is better....

Fine, great conversation. I've got better things to do, like trying to lick the soles of my feet.
Do some yoga...you have the right to get more flexible

The right or the ability?

It's not a right, the government never tried to take away people's ability to be flexible.
The ability to do it, is the same as saying you have the right to do.

The Govt doesn't have to try and take a right from you, for that right to exist.

So, a right is merely the ability to be able to do so?

So what's the difference between a right and a privilege?

So, you’re a Statist...Maybe America isn’t a good fit for you.

Hypocrites.

Will never ever drink woka cola again ..ever

Hypocrites.

Wrong.

Constitutional rights concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or private entities.

The state of Georgia is government, subject to Constitutional restrictions – such as being prohibited from placing an undue burden to the right to vote.

Well, rights are, generally, defined as a power that the government doesn't have and you do, and are protected from government intrusion.

Literally the Magna Carta and the English Bill of Rights were a power grab against the
Hypocrites.

Well, a right is a power taken from the people with power, usually the monarch or the government and given to the people.

People have a tendency of saying they have a right to everything and anything when it's not really a right.

I agree that a right is something that individuals have and the Govt generally can not take away or limit without due proces

As far as your second point, no rights do not come from Govt. at least not in our Country, or any free society.

Well, not really. Not sure which first post you're talking about. The first post was that attending a board meeting isn't a right. And it's not. It's just something you can do.

huh? explain that?

A right has been taken away from someone with power? Everyone has rights, we are all born with them, we are all born free. Locke said it best, and you can find his influence directly in our Founders and Founding documents...we are born with certain unalienable rights, the rights to life, liberty, and right to property, or pursuit of happiness.

Rights is a human construct. We've developed a nice little story around what rights are. Some claim they've from God, others claim they're there because we're human.

And I understand the theories behind rights, but I'm looking at the reality of rights.
That's a fair distinction, but I guess the advantage to the principle of rights in our system is that it usually makes it harder for the government to just arbitrarily suspend rights. Granted, it does still happen.

Is it the system of rights that stops the government or is it simply that they don't have this power and there are three parts of government working against each other making sure the other doesn't allow those powers to be taken by government?

Well, the right to keep arms, or the right to own weapons. Constitutionally as long as the government doesn't take away all of your weapons, leaves you with ONE, then it hasn't infringed upon the Constitutional right to keep arms.

It's a problem. If you have a right to own property, then owning one thing fulfills this requirement.

No, unless you can demonstrate a numerical requirement in the Constitution...

Well with the 2A, the Constitution say the government can't prevent people from owning weapons. If you have one weapon, have you been prevented from owning weapons? No. Because you own a weapon.
That's not how the courts look at it. That would be like saying that allowing you to say one thing while censoring everything else means you have free speech.

Heller and McDonald established that individuals have the right to bear arms, which means that no government can block all ownership of weapons in an area. However, the ruling seems to mostly apply to handguns. Also, it didn't revoke the constitutionality of background checks.

Well, no, it's not.

Because the difference is that once something has been said, it disappears. Whereas a gun remains because it's a physical thing.

I don't know why you're talking about "bear arms", this has nothing to do with what I've said. I've spoken about ownership.

The right to bear arms is the right to be in the militia, and yes, I can prove it.

Here's some evidence Amendment II: House of Representatives, Amendments to the Constitution

I have no idea how many cavemen existed...so I have no idea how many were born. How many decided to give up some of their soveignty? Again...I have no clue....some certainly did...hence why we have societies

As to your next point...yes I do certainly think, at least in the United States, bound to the system that are forefathers already created. But you are free to certainly leave the United States...and denounce your citizenship.

Why is China system different then ours? Their Govt, like the lion, took their rights.

We have societies, and you are born into one, and the society you are born into already has rules. They don't ask you what your thoughts are when you're zero years old.

Some are free to leave the US, others aren't. Some can't get passports. Others can. The US govt can stop you leaving if it chooses to do so.

Some would say that the US govt and state govts take some of your rights and freedoms too.

Take voting. You can vote. It doesn't make much of a difference. In Wyoming you have 4 times the power than California in a Presidential election, in the House and state legislatures gerrymandering makes some people's vote pointless in other states, like North Carolina.

Chinese people are less likely to be robbed, murdered and things like that too.

The US govt has taught the Chinese a lot about how to run a ruthless government. Uighur genocide, hell, the US was doing that to black and Native American peoples a loooooong time ago.
As far as Chinese crime goes, whether you get robbed or killed has a lot to do with if you piss off the government or not, or if you're inconvenient (like the Uighurs).

China learned how to manipulate capitalism from us, but they had centuries of experience of genocide long before the US existed. We more likely learned that from them and from Europe.

Well, no. There's crime in China, like most other countries. It's just much lower than in places like the US.

The government does impose its policies on people, and they can be harsh at times and better than others. The US government has been pretty brutal, especially against the Native Americans and blacks.

Hypocrites.

Wrong.

Hypocrites.

huh? explain that?

That's a fair distinction, but I guess the advantage to the principle of rights in our system is that it usually makes it harder for the government to just arbitrarily suspend rights. Granted, it does still happen.

Is it the system of rights that stops the government or is it simply that they don't have this power and there are three parts of government working against each other making sure the other doesn't allow those powers to be taken by government?
They don't have the power because we maintain our rights...certainly the seperate branches help....if it w
I have no idea how many cavemen existed...so I have no idea how many were born. How many decided to give up some of their soveignty? Again...I have no clue....some certainly did...hence why we have societies

As to your next point...yes I do certainly think, at least in the United States, bound to the system that are forefathers already created. But you are free to certainly leave the United States...and denounce your citizenship.

Why is China system different then ours? Their Govt, like the lion, took their rights.

We have societies, and you are born into one, and the society you are born into already has rules. They don't ask you what your thoughts are when you're zero years old.

Some are free to leave the US, others aren't. Some can't get passports. Others can. The US govt can stop you leaving if it chooses to do so.

Some would say that the US govt and state govts take some of your rights and freedoms too.

Take voting. You can vote. It doesn't make much of a difference. In Wyoming you have 4 times the power than California in a Presidential election, in the House and state legislatures gerrymandering makes some people's vote pointless in other states, like North Carolina.

Chinese people are less likely to be robbed, murdered and things like that too.

The US govt has taught the Chinese a lot about how to run a ruthless government. Uighur genocide, hell, the US was doing that to black and Native American peoples a loooooong time ago.
As far as Chinese crime goes, whether you get robbed or killed has a lot to do with if you piss off the government or not, or if you're inconvenient (like the Uighurs).

China learned how to manipulate capitalism from us, but they had centuries of experience of genocide long before the US existed. We more likely learned that from them and from Europe.

Well, no. There's crime in China, like most other countries. It's just much lower than in places like the US.

The government does impose its policies on people, and they can be harsh at times and better than others. The US government has been pretty brutal, especially against the Native Americans and blacks.
The crime in China is caused by it's oppressive leftist Govt on the people, and it's not reported like traditional crime.

It's hard for a citizen to commit a crime, when they are already in a concentration camp

They don't have the power because we maintain our rights...certainly the seperate branches help....if it w

The crime in China is caused by it's oppressive leftist Govt on the people, and it's not reported like traditional crime.

It's hard for a citizen to commit a crime, when they are already in a concentration camp

Well, they don't have power because the limits on power are maintained. But it's certainly getting shaky right now.

Well, China's government isn't really "leftist". It's an extreme form of government with right and left wing policies.

But people do commit crime. Maybe you haven't been to China, it's not that oppressive as long as you don't trample on politicians's careers.

Speaking of butt hurt Trumpers whining about Coca-Cola...

EyPQPyAWUAQFgwt.jpg
EyPQSfXW8AYd11D.jpg

You know its pathetic when your cult leader has to hide his coke bottle behind his phone to continue to play the role for his fragile flock

Well, they don't have power because the limits on power are maintained. But it's certainly getting shaky right now.

Well, China's government isn't really "leftist". It's an extreme form of government with right and left wing policies.

But people do commit crime. Maybe you haven't been to China, it's not that oppressive as long as you don't trample on politicians's careers.
I don't disagree that there is a massive push....and desire by the folks currently running the Federal Govt to not maintain those protections....many in the party in control view the Constitution as a bad thing....

No it's leftist..Mao was a leftist...it's a Socialist system

It's not oppressive unless you trample on the Govt? Gotcha...that's very oppressive

Hypocrites.

LOL! Typical Libtard hypocrisy.

Well, the right to keep arms, or the right to own weapons. Constitutionally as long as the government doesn't take away all of your weapons, leaves you with ONE, then it hasn't infringed upon the Constitutional right to keep arms.

It's a problem. If you have a right to own property, then owning one thing fulfills this requirement.

No, unless you can demonstrate a numerical requirement in the Constitution...

Well with the 2A, the Constitution say the government can't prevent people from owning weapons. If you have one weapon, have you been prevented from owning weapons? No. Because you own a weapon.
That's not how the courts look at it. That would be like saying that allowing you to say one thing while censoring everything else means you have free speech.

Heller and McDonald established that individuals have the right to bear arms, which means that no government can block all ownership of weapons in an area. However, the ruling seems to mostly apply to handguns. Also, it didn't revoke the constitutionality of background checks.

Well, no, it's not.

Because the difference is that once something has been said, it disappears. Whereas a gun remains because it's a physical thing.

I don't know why you're talking about "bear arms", this has nothing to do with what I've said. I've spoken about ownership.

The right to bear arms is the right to be in the militia, and yes, I can prove it.

Here's some evidence Amendment II: House of Representatives, Amendments to the Constitution

SCOTUS disagrees with you.

I don't disagree that there is a massive push....and desire by the folks currently running the Federal Govt to not maintain those protections....many in the party in control view the Constitution as a bad thing....

It's not oppressive unless you trample on the Govt? Gotcha...that's very oppressive

China isn't Maoist, they rejected Maoism (whatever the fuck that is, Mao was just an egotist who messed up a lot, didn't really have much of a plan) when Deng XiaoPing was in charge (but not in charge).

China officially calls itself Communist, but isn't because they're not moving towards Communism at all. Xi has decided, recently, that he needs to shore up his authority by going more Socialist. However this Socialism is pretty conservative, they ban tits on TV, even cleavage is banned, that's not left wing at all. Education isn't left wing, it's all about keeping people ignorant and malleable but producing people capable of making money. Women aren't considered equals, though officially they are, gay people aren't banned, but they're also not protected and will be attacked in subtle ways by the government.

China is what it is. It's not a free country. But it's not a place where everyone is worried they're going to be taken to the gulag either. If you don't understand what it's like to be in China, it's not my fault.

China isn't Maoist, they rejected Maoism (whatever the fuck that is, Mao was just an egotist who messed up a lot, didn't really have much of a plan) when Deng XiaoPing was in charge (but not in charge).

China officially calls itself Communist, but isn't because they're not moving towards Communism at all. Xi has decided, recently, that he needs to shore up his authority by going more Socialist. However this Socialism is pretty conservative, they ban tits on TV, even cleavage is banned, that's not left wing at all. Education isn't left wing, it's all about keeping people ignorant and malleable but producing people capable of making money. Women aren't considered equals, though officially they are, gay people aren't banned, but they're also not protected and will be attacked in subtle ways by the government.

China is what it is. It's not a free country. But it's not a place where everyone is worried they're going to be taken to the gulag either. If you don't understand what it's like to be in China, it's not my fault.

Tell that to the disappeared since COVID....Your take on China is completely false.

Mao was the founded of the People's Republic of China...he's their George Washington...they did not reject him,

Dem leadership in the US, love him and admire him....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-christmas-decor-featuring-mao-zedong-comes-under-fire

"

Biden’s reference to “that old expression” is in fact a well-known proclamation that Mao made to promote women leaving the home amid the Cultural Revolution in China. It was then widely used as propaganda during the “Great Leap Forward,” during which Mao’s regime caused the deaths of an estimated 45 million Chinese people from 1958 to 1962.

I don't disagree that China isn't Communist...they are Socialist...and there is nothing Conservative about Socialism. Actually, today, they are more Fascist in nature then Socialist. Fascism is one step below Socialism

Mao was the founded of the People's Republic of China...he's their George Washington...they did not reject him,

Dem leadership in the US, love him and admire him....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-christmas-decor-featuring-mao-zedong-comes-under-fire

"

Biden’s reference to “that old expression” is in fact a well-known proclamation that Mao made to promote women leaving the home amid the Cultural Revolution in China. It was then widely used as propaganda during the “Great Leap Forward,” during which Mao’s regime caused the deaths of an estimated 45 million Chinese people from 1958 to 1962.

I don't disagree that China isn't Communist...they are Socialist...and there is nothing Conservative about Socialism. Actually, today, they are more Fascist in nature then Socialist. Fascism is one step below Socialism

Come on, a little more reality here. You're playing nonsense politics.

Mao was the first leader of China, and China under Mao was a disaster. Under Deng Xiaoping, who Mao nearly killed, China started on its path to being an economic powerhouse it is today. Even Xi ran away from Mao's policies in the past. He's only embracing them now because they're convenient for him.

But China rejected everything about Maoism. Because Mao stood for chaos. China isn't chaos any more, it's organized and functions.

If you know anything about that Andy Warhol picture of Mao, you'd not have made the silly comment you made about Democrats loving him. It's such a nonsense comment it doesn't really require me to say much other than you shouldn't make such dumb comments.

You think there's nothing conservative about Socialism? Well that's your look out. Maybe when you've learned some more you'll realize how wrong you are.

What is right wing? What is left wing? They're pretty abstract terms in themselves. But I'm sensing a person who's never been to China, knows very little about China to make such a statement.

Pornography has been banned. Is this a left wing or a right wing thing to do?

"

Mao was the first leader of China, and China under Mao was a disaster. Under Deng Xiaoping, who Mao nearly killed, China started on its path to being an economic powerhouse it is today. Even Xi ran away from Mao's policies in the past. He's only embracing them now because they're convenient for him.

But China rejected everything about Maoism. Because Mao stood for chaos. China isn't chaos any more, it's organized and functions.

If you know anything about that Andy Warhol picture of Mao, you'd not have made the silly comment you made about Democrats loving him. It's such a nonsense comment it doesn't really require me to say much other than you shouldn't make such dumb comments.

You think there's nothing conservative about Socialism? Well that's your look out. Maybe when you've learned some more you'll realize how wrong you are.

What is right wing? What is left wing? They're pretty abstract terms in themselves. But I'm sensing a person who's never been to China, knows very little about China to make such a statement.

Of course Maoism is a disaster...all socialism is...

I am not playing politics here...just highlighting that the left has deadly and disaster policies.

Deng helped with the opening of China, but he keep the same socialist and oppressive policies for the people of China

"

Of course Maoism is a disaster...all socialism is...

I am not playing politics here...just highlighting that the left has deadly and disaster policies.

Deng helped with the opening of China, but he keep the same socialist and oppressive policies for the people of China

Is all Socialism a disaster? China's not a disaster. Economically it's outstanding, doubling it's GDP every 8 years or so.

The left has "deadly and disaster policies" and so does the right. It's not to do with left or right, it's to do with individuals and the choices they make.

Deng kept the same socialist policies as Mao? Like what? I want specifics because I think you don't actually know.

Speaking of butt hurt Trumpers whining about Coca-Cola...

View attachment 476754View attachment 476755

You know its pathetic when your cult leader has to hide his coke bottle behind his phone to continue to play the role for his fragile flock
You guys do not even believe in the shit you push. The political class, the media and the entertainers live like pure royalty. And the shit you push is tens of trillions of dollars over periods of time. Look at the frauds in your own party. This climate change crap will be forced on the peasants as the real privilege pour a large bottles of expensive champagne into 4 ounce glasses overflowing them wasting the whole bottle for what is in the glass. That is what Progs are. The value for the dollar is very limited. But there is an improvement.

Forum List

Back