CNN Hires Conservative Republican To Lead Politics Coverage - Liberals Go Nuts

Crossfire was the freaking BEST.

One conservative host, one liberals host, one conservative guest and one liberal guest.

And yes, in a balanced debate like that, where both sides got to present their case, the libs did tend to get beaten like a rented mule.
If crossfire was on TV now, the slaughter would be even more extreme. Libs have gone into crazyland whole hog.

I'll give CNN the benefit of the doubt if the shrill droning anti-Trump agitprop is reduced and at least some truth is mentioned. Someone in their HQ has to realize people are stick of parrots on every channel repeating the same shit, and they might want to expand their viewership.

I hear Buck Sexton, perhaps the dumbest of all conservative commentators, talking about this on his show last night. It’s amusing to hear people like you and Buck going after the MSM for reacting to this when CNN, let me repeat, CNN made the hire!! I thought CNN was the mothership of fake news liberal propaganda corruption. How about a “Good for CNN for showing some balance and making a good hire, perhaps they aren’t as bad as we’ve been accusing them of”

That would be the appropriate response.
Well, that IS the response. Did you read the OP ? What's the problem ?

As for how bad CCN has been, they've been atrocious, but that could be changing now, and possibly in a major way.
To be honest the only negative reports I’ve heard about this situation are from right wing reports dissing on liberal overreactions. Maybe I’m not tuning into the snowflake outlets that are bitching about it, but that’s just me.

How many USB Republicans are going to start watching CNN because of this?

They have been watching CNN just like you watch FOX News and listen to talk radio.

It is just reality to listen to those you disagree with because if not how would you find out that the Salon posted an article on why Progressives suffering from Trump so bad that it is killing their sex lives?

It was bound to happen. And now it has. CNN has just hired a Republican, Sarah Isgur, a former colleague of Jeff Sessions and Ted Cruz, to be at the top of their political coverage. So just as the 2020 election campaign is getting underway, with a very contentious Democratic primary, CNN will have somebody who was, until recently, a spokesperson for the Trump administration Department of Justice, calling the shots for an election that will involve Trump.

Sounds like a bit of a conflict of interest, but on the other hand, CNN entirely has been one big conflict of interest with crews of left-wing reporters and anchors, spending about 90% of their time bashing President Trump. With CNN struggling to match the ratings over at Fox News and MSNBC, it looks like upper management decided something had to be done.

Apparently, CNN's head honchos have done some constructive criticism of their network and didn't like what they saw. Having suffered one fake news embarrassment after another, the network has become a political no man’s land, pretending to be objective. At least MSNBC has the decency to admit what they are. CNN is still trying to get people to believe that it has no agenda.

Making this new hire all the more controversial, and unendurable to liberals, is that Sarah Isgur has been a relentless attacker of the the media for their one-sided coverage of the Trump presidency. Time will tell how this will work out at CNN. Have they decided "If you can't beat them (Fox News), join them" ? Will more Republicans fill slots at CNN now, and it's news coverage shift to the right ? That's exactly what many liberals are saying, and they are about flipping their lids over it.

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “Are we still pretending that hires like these are evidence of a meritocracy?”

“You just gave every Democrat in the country a reason to doubt your objectivity,”
wrote former Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor, apparently without any sense of irony whatsoever.

ThinkProgress writer Ian Millhiser. said "I cannot understand why CNN would undermine itself this way,”

Well, I can. However one may see CNN and define it, it still fundamentally is a business. And from a business standpoint, one can only withstand getting their brains beat in by their competition for so long. If conservatism is what sells, maybe it's time to move in that direction, and then give Fox News a run for its money.

Liberals Throw Tantrum as CNN Hires Republican to Lead Politics Coverage
Not sure why anyone cares, even MSNBC has several Republicans that work there:
Joe Scarborough

Steve Schmidt

Nicole Wallace

Michael Steele

Brett Stephens

George Will

Hugh Hewitt

To be honest the only negative reports I’ve heard about this situation are from right wing reports dissing on liberal overreactions. Maybe I’m not tuning into the snowflake outlets that are bitching about it, but that’s just me.
I have not heard ANY "negative reports", and don't know what you're talking about.

Negative, how ?

Joe Scarborough

Steve Schmidt

Nicole Wallace

Michael Steele

Brett Stephens

George Will

Hugh Hewitt
Joe Scarborough is a Trump basher and far from being a conservative. Same with Brett Stephens and George Will.

Let's see CNN or MSNBC match this political balance at Fox (past & present) >>

Alan Colmes

Marie Harf

Tamara Holder

Adam Lashinsky

Mara Liasson

Leslie Marshall

Kirsten Powers

Geraldo Rivera

Julie Roginsky

Doug Schoen

Shepard Smith

John Stossel

Jessica Tarlov

Chris Wallace

Juan Williams

There's actually more than this, and I posted them in the past, but the search function isn't bringing them up. Is the search function slipping ?

I have not heard ANY "negative reports", and don't know what you're talking about.

Negative, how ?
I haven’t heard people freaking out about this hire. I’ve heard many more conservatives reporting how everybody is freaking out. Maybe that’s because I see more conservative media and I don’t pay attention to twitter

Joe Scarborough

Steve Schmidt

Nicole Wallace

Michael Steele

Brett Stephens

George Will

Hugh Hewitt
Joe Scarborough is a Trump basher and far from being a conservative. Same with Brett Stephens and George Will.

Let's see CNN or MSNBC match this political balance at Fox (past & present) >>

Alan Colmes

Marie Harf

Tamara Holder

Adam Lashinsky

Mara Liasson

Leslie Marshall

Kirsten Powers

Geraldo Rivera

Julie Roginsky

Doug Schoen

Shepard Smith

John Stossel

Jessica Tarlov

Chris Wallace

Juan Williams

There's actually more than this, and I posted them in the past, but the search function isn't bringing them up. Is the search function slipping ?
CNN has a pretty similar balance. Almost every show I see has a trump rep making arguments. They def stack the deck just like Fox has their token liberal in every show agasint a slew of conservatives. All in all they are pretty good counterparts

CNN has a pretty similar balance. Almost every show I see has a trump rep making arguments. They def stack the deck just like Fox has their token liberal in every show agasint a slew of conservatives. All in all they are pretty good counterparts
They absolutely DO NOT. You can hardly find a conservative anywhere on the staff of CNN. Tell the truth.

In fact, can you name even ONE, right now ?

Here's their staff list (anchors & reporters), complete with pictures. Let's see you show ONE conservative in the bunch (with evidence to support it) >>

CNN Anchors, Reporters and Staff - CNN

Last edited:
Crossfire was the freaking BEST.

One conservative host, one liberals host, one conservative guest and one liberal guest.

And yes, in a balanced debate like that, where both sides got to present their case, the libs did tend to get beaten like a rented mule.
If crossfire was on TV now, the slaughter would be even more extreme. Libs have gone into crazyland whole hog.

Even on crossfire, you would sometimes get liberals, who instead of actually trying to make argument, would instead filibuster or just talk over the conservatives, so that they would "win" by not allowing the conservatives to make a point.

Now, that is ALL they have.

They absolutely DO NOT. You can hardly find a conservative anywhere on the staff of CNN. Tell the truth.

In fact, can you name even ONE, right now ?

Here's their staff list (anchors & reporters), complete with pictures. Let's see you show ONE conservative in the bunch (with evidence to support it) >>

CNN Anchors, Reporters and Staff - CNN
Of course I can, just about every show I see on CNN has a Trump rep on it. Here’s a list of some.

Rick Santorum
Michael Caputo
Matt Whittaker
Steve Cortez
Scott Jennings
Jack Kingston
Ken Cuccinelli
Ben Ferguson
Andre Bauer
Alice Stewart
David Urban
John Phillips

Plus several who were regulars that no longer work there... here are a few

Corey Lewendowski
Kayleigh Macenany
Paris Denard
Jeff Lorde

Of course I can, just about every show I see on CNN has a Trump rep on it. Here’s a list of some.

Rick Santorum
Michael Caputo
Matt Whittaker
Steve Cortez
Scott Jennings
Jack Kingston
Ken Cuccinelli
Ben Ferguson
Andre Bauer
Alice Stewart
David Urban
John Phillips

Plus several who were regulars that no longer work there... here are a few

Corey Lewendowski
Kayleigh Macenany
Paris Denard
Jeff Lorde

"Of course" you CAN'T. I'm talking about STAFF (anchors & reporters). I gave you a list. Pick from it and show one conservative. You can't, because not one single name you mentioned is on CNN's staff list >> CNN Anchors, Reporters and Staff - CNN

This is why Fox News is respected and watched. It is well balanced, and pays for it's respect, by employing many liberals, who appear regularly, while CNN has no conservatives, no balance. no respect, no ratings.

I did read the OP. I’m saying that ive heard way more right wingers complaining about the Lefty freak outs than I’ve heard the actual Lefty freak outs.
That's not the same as >> "I haven’t heard people freaking out about this hire."
You take a sentence of mine and ignore the rest of the conversation where I explained what I was talking about. Nice little trick but don’t try and play me with those petty games.

Forum List

Back