CNN article from 3 weeks ago: Right-wing media focuses on 'imaginary controversy' suggesting Biden won't debate Trump

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Huh, I wonder what they are saying about this article now. If he backs out, Trump and his team should mercilessly mock CNN and call it out constantly. Then do three debates, with or without him. Let Kayne stand up there and have an empty stand.

Even if he does all three of the debates with Fox News, he should do so, with an audience. America needs the best leader possible, if Bidens policies win the day, congratulations. They have to debate though so that Americans can make the best choice with all the information in front of them.

Right-wing media focuses on 'imaginary controversy' suggesting Biden won't debate Trump

Joe Biden is afraid to debate President Trump. He wants to stay locked away in his basement bunker. He knows he can't match Trump's energy and wit onstage with the country watching and the fate of the election hanging in the balance.
Or so you might think if you're hooked on right-wing media for your news. The reality is that Biden is very much willing to debate Trump this fall. In fact, his campaign has already agreed to the three debates with Trump.

But speculation on Fox News and other right-wing media outlets has suggested otherwise. If you pay attention to this media universe, you know that stories about Biden skipping debates has totally saturated coverage. It's everywhere. From the front page of Breitbart to Rush Limbaugh's radio program to the shows on the country's highest-rated cable news channel.

He is not backing out is what the article is saying-duh. They are saying people like you and other foreigners for Trump are lying about Biden not going to debate Trump. Why is it so hard to understand basic statement for Trumpettes, low IQ?

Democrats just want a few cheap shots at Trump calling him a "liar" and suggesting that the debates won't happen.
Biden knows that he has no creds for being president and needs the debates to prove he's still lucid.
The debates will happen, and Biden will be crushed.

He is not backing out is what the article is saying-duh. They are saying people like you and other foreigners for Trump are lying about Biden not going to debate Trump. Why is it so hard to understand basic statement for Trumpettes, low IQ?

"Other foreigners" lol. Hey, I'm kind of part of your family now, aren't I? At least that half cousin from BuckF Idaho.

Yes, I understand, they are saying he ISN'T backing out because of conspiracies. So, what is their thinking now about what Pelosi said today?

He should do all the debates. It shouldn't be applauded, it should be expected. This is the most important job on earth.

Has Biden talked to Nan lately? She's pissing in her Depends that he will actually attempt a debate.

Has Biden talked to Nan lately? She's pissing in her Depends that he will actually attempt a debate.

Let's be clear, HE hasn't (as far as I know) said he won't do any of the debates. It's become increasingly worrisome though that so many OTHERS are telling him not to. Big media journalists, former Dem heavyweights, guys on CNN on national TV, and now Pelosi. She said it very bluntly, I'm not even sure if she was challenged.

He's in a tough spot, a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation. I think it's probably far worse if he doesn't do them, but, there is a wider risk if he does them and does poorly, though, of course, an upside if he does well, whereas there is NO upside if he avoids them.

All of the chatter though, can't be ignored. It's not a conspiracy, it's being repeated over and over by so many.

Let's be clear, HE hasn't (as far as I know) said he won't do any of the debates. It's become increasingly worrisome though that so many OTHERS are telling him not to. Big media journalists, former Dem heavyweights, guys on CNN on national TV, and now Pelosi. She said it very bluntly, I'm not even sure if she was challenged.

He's in a tough spot, a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation. I think it's probably far worse if he doesn't do them, but, there is a wider risk if he does them and does poorly, though, of course, an upside if he does well, whereas there is NO upside if he avoids them.

All of the chatter though, can't be ignored. It's not a conspiracy, it's being repeated over and over by so many.
Biden will do what Biden will do and I don't listen to what other people say because they are not Biden.

Biden will do what Biden will do and I don't listen to what other people say because they are not Biden.

Indeed, but he should have a more strongly worded response. I see on Twitter he didn't say a word about it. What? This is big news, Pelosi is trending on Twitter and he doesn't send out a tweet, that is there forever for people to see and share, in defiance of her opinion?

Wouldn't he give a strongly worded response, "I appreciate Nancys opinion. Of course, I will stand in front of Americans for my three debates and stand behind our policies that will benefit America and ensure our success".

I'd be doing it in caps, and with some vigor. Offended by the suggestion I'm not debating. Seems to me she was making more of a statement of fact of what is going to happen, not a suggestion.

Just remember this and a few posts before if he skips out on one or more debates. There is NO defense if he does that. All the buzz around him is some sort of prep for voters to come to the same conclusion "yeah, maybe he shouldn't do any debates, who cares about the policies anyways?"

Clearly this is a trial balloon by Pelosi, trying to test the public reaction to a no-debates election. So far, not good.

They will ALWAYS be able to find an excuse to cancel or "postpone" each debate, in turn.

Don't be shocked if Biden says he won't debate until Trump releases his tax returns.

Huh, I wonder what they are saying about this article now. If he backs out, Trump and his team should mercilessly mock CNN and call it out constantly. Then do three debates, with or without him. Let Kayne stand up there and have an empty stand.

Even if he does all three of the debates with Fox News, he should do so, with an audience. America needs the best leader possible, if Bidens policies win the day, congratulations. They have to debate though so that Americans can make the best choice with all the information in front of them.

Right-wing media focuses on 'imaginary controversy' suggesting Biden won't debate Trump

Joe Biden is afraid to debate President Trump. He wants to stay locked away in his basement bunker. He knows he can't match Trump's energy and wit onstage with the country watching and the fate of the election hanging in the balance.
Or so you might think if you're hooked on right-wing media for your news. The reality is that Biden is very much willing to debate Trump this fall. In fact, his campaign has already agreed to the three debates with Trump.

But speculation on Fox News and other right-wing media outlets has suggested otherwise. If you pay attention to this media universe, you know that stories about Biden skipping debates has totally saturated coverage. It's everywhere. From the front page of Breitbart to Rush Limbaugh's radio program to the shows on the country's highest-rated cable news channel.
CNN isn't wrong every day, just the ones that end with a "Y".

Clearly this is a trial balloon by Pelosi, trying to test the public reaction to a no-debates election. So far, not good.

They will ALWAYS be able to find an excuse to cancel or "postpone" each debate, in turn.

Don't be shocked if Biden says he won't debate until Trump releases his tax returns.

Precisely how I interpret it.

All of the world, not just Americans, have been waiting for the debates forever. I always say, "may the best policies win". I believe she was testing the waters, and it not only fell flat, on MSNBC I believe, he was asked the question and he confirmed he would debate.

So, any prerequisite would backfire and it would show Trump, who claimed this would be their angle; as being right. It would lend a whole lot of credence to any other opinions he expressed of Biden, whether right or wrong. He would have free reign on everything, including suggesting the mail ballots aren't on the level.

Therefore, if Biden wants to win, in my opinion, he HAS to debate.

Democrats just want a few cheap shots at Trump calling him a "liar" and suggesting that the debates won't happen.
Biden knows that he has no creds for being president and needs the debates to prove he's still lucid.

Trump is a liar! Biden has a stutter, Trump's speak is word salad.

"A word salad, or schizophasia, is a "confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases", most often used to describe a symptom of a neurological or mental disorder."

Last edited:

Trump is a liar! Biden has a stutter, Trump's speak is word salad.

"A word salad, or schizophasia, is a "confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases", most often used to describe a symptom of a neurological or mental disorder."

I knew there was a term for your posts.
Thanks.

Well, today in an interview, Biden was asked about Pelosi's comments. He said that she's wrong, he still wants the debates, and will fact check Trump in real time during the debate. Sorry, but just because you conservatives repeat a lie, doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Well, today in an interview, Biden was asked about Pelosi's comments. He said that she's wrong, he still wants the debates, and will fact check Trump in real time during the debate. Sorry, but just because you conservatives repeat a lie, doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you repeat it.

The only ones repeating it are those most powerful in Dem and left wing media. WaPo, NY Times and many others making different permutations of the same idea, to avoid the the debates. Now Pelosi, very publicly?

Have you ever heard anything like this in your lifetime from so many in the Party? What else can people assume?

THIS didn't age too well, did it? CNN is just a bunch of loser, TDS infested dumbsh*ts. Beyond dreadful.

The only ones repeating it are those most powerful in Dem and left wing media. WaPo, NY Times and many others making different permutations of the same idea, to avoid the the debates. Now Pelosi, very publicly?

Have you ever heard anything like this in your lifetime from so many in the Party? What else can people assume?
Exactly.

Forum List

Back