CNN Anchor: ‘Our Rights Do Not Come From God’

If you have a natural law right to something, but live in a country that doesn't allow you to exercise the right, do you have a right at all?
You do, but are unable to exercise it.

Rights can't be taken, but they can be denied, violated, trampled, and even voluntarily surrendered.

If a human has to frame the "right", it is not God-given.

Based upon what? You're not makin' any sense miss. Please find the strength of character to speak in cogent terms, so that others may have some shot at understanding what in the hell it is you're trying to convey. If you're not able to do so, perhaps you should post less and read more.

Yet personal responsibility comes in play at some point and that is something the far left is against!
The right's conception of "personal responsibility" amount to them being "for the other guy". Other than that, your comment is a non-sequitur. If rights are God-given, why isn't He enforcing them?
That's what the law is for. To protect those rights.

If you have a natural law right to something, but live in a country that doesn't allow you to exercise the right, do you have a right at all?

Yes... you do. You simply lack the means to exercise that right.

First the Tea Party went on a political purge. they labeled Republicans as "RINOs" and set about purging them from the party (Richard Lugar we hardly knew ye). They are still hell bent to get the candidates who fit their narrow template of ideological purity and will soon enough control the Republican Party. These are the same folks, incidentally, who shout about the Democrat Party being hijacked by the Left Wing.

But politics aren't a wide enough canvass for the Right Wingers to be content with. Now they are arbitrating who is ecumenically pure as well. They will purge with the same zeal any heretics, blasphemers or any other citizen who does not conform to their interpretation of scripture. This in spite of the fact that American society is secular and not encouraged to believe in any faith established by the state, no matter what that pesky 1st amendment says.

So, like the Taliban, the far Right wants to establish a religious litmus test. They want to label anyone not in line with that test as anti-American, the same label the Taliban imposes on those who disagree with them.

And like the Taliban, the far Right leans on an extremely Conservative interpretation of true faith.

The only differences between Right Wingers who seek the base alloy of their ideology and the Taliban is tactical. So far, Conservatives have not been violently attacking apostates, with the exception of doctors providing abortions (why haven't Conservatives stepped up to, and I'll use a Right Winger's term here, refudiate the actions of those evil zealots?)

But, just as the McCarthy era witch hunts did, Conservatives will deem an American citizen who does not fall into line with their narrow template as anti-American.

It's a weird wonderful world for the Far Right. Since the end of the Cold War, they floundered around looking for another enemy, because without an enemy, their ideology falls flat. Well, they have met the enemy, and they are us.

Yet personal responsibility comes in play at some point and that is something the far left is against!
The right's conception of "personal responsibility" amount to them being "for the other guy". Other than that, your comment is a non-sequitur. If rights are God-given, why isn't He enforcing them?

Good lord... If the Left were somehow incapable of utilizing rationalization born from straw reasoning, that one act would instantly rid the planet of the scourge.

Personal responsibility is the means by which one sustains THE MEANS TO EXERCISE ONE'S RIGHTS. With every right, come correlating responsibilities. Not the least of which is that one cannot exercise one's rights to the detriment of the means of another to exercise their own rights.

They don't come from God. They come from us. The only right that God grants is life. If he's in the mood.
The term creator is used essentially as a figurative. Lefty freedom-stiflers and otherwise fascists want to apply it to a specific ideological entity so they have leverage to bitch and deny rights.
What does what you posted have to do with what I posted?
Everything. You assigned a specific realm beyond natural rights to the concept of 'god'.
If you say so. I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say.

I watched the video. Cuomo repeated over and over, "Our laws do not come from God", not "our rights do not come from God."

Yes, he did. And where he did, he misspoke... He then corrected himself and stated "Our rights do not come from God"... What Cuomo was doing, is he was conflating Law and Rights.

Understand, our laws do not give us our rights...

As a practical matter, what's the difference in not having a right and having a right but no way to exercise it? To me, there's no practical difference.

And again, the constitution does not reference god, and Jefferson only said "creator" in the DOI, and that term can encompass a lot of things not related to the Judeo-Christian-Muslim(OMG) god.

I think that's the question, and why any umbrage at what the cnn guy said is sort of ..... not really warranted.

If a human has to frame the "right", it is not God-given.
Based upon what? You're not makin' any sense miss. Please find the strength of character to speak in cogent terms, so that others may have some shot at understanding what in the hell it is you're trying to convey. If you're not able to do so, perhaps you should post less and read more.
Your inability to understand English isn't my problem. I guess you should go on one of those anti-public education rants. I was posting my opinion. THAT'S what its based on. You do realize you're posting to a board where people share their opinions, don't you? If you have trouble with interpretations, perhaps you should go to a board more in line with your age or educational level.

Your inability to understand English isn't my problem. I guess you should go on one of those anti-public education rants. I was posting my opinion.

Yes... you were. And I was telling you that if you can't find a means to post your opinion cogently, to get lost. As such is idiocy and life is too short for such.

I'm often asked why I cite the Moderator of this very Site who recently noted:

THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!

Asking further if I agree... At which time I inform them that of course I agree... given that God prohibits the possibility for someone to simultaneously adhere to both the thesis and the antithesis.

They then usually ask why I feel that Leftists can't or don't adhere to the American thesis and I point out that that is because they wouldn't be Leftist if they did.

But every now and again a jack-ass Liberal gets honest in public and provides a WONDERFUL example of what Anti-Americanism IS, what it looks like and how pitiful they are trying to sell it.

So here's another New York Leftist runs to misinform the Intellectually Less Fortunate, that they have no inalienable rights:

CNN Anchor Our Rights Do Not Come From God CNS News

(The video is embedded in that article I could not find an independent link to the video, so you can watch it there.)

You can get a fantastic discussion of it here, with the most relevant context included:

Mark Levin Chris Cuomo is WRONG Our rights do not come from man and HERE 8217 S WHY The Right Scoop -

In truth, absent God, Inalienable human rights cannot exist.

Horse Shite.

Rights come from ourselves, the human race, because we decide what they are.
That they cannot come from "God" is easily demostrable:
where does "God" come from? We invented it. That's the same "we" that invented rights.

Voilà. Bob's your uncle.
/thread

They don't come from God. They come from us. The only right that God grants is life. If he's in the mood.
The term creator is used essentially as a figurative. Lefty freedom-stiflers and otherwise fascists want to apply it to a specific ideological entity so they have leverage to bitch and deny rights.
What does what you posted have to do with what I posted?
Everything. You assigned a specific realm beyond natural rights to the concept of 'god'.
If you say so. I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say.
You said god gives life and that's it. You made that specific description. The point is god-given rights are necessary to maintain life as well as the freedom to go about that in a way of personal choice and that's what this is about. So it goes beyond your description.

Yes... you were. And I was telling you that if you can't find a means to post your opinion cogently, to get lost. As such is idiocy and life is too short for such.
I'm afraid I don't see you as an arbiter of what's cogent. I speak relatively plain English. If you don't understand, that's hardly my problem.

As a practical matter, what's the difference in not having a right and having a right but no way to exercise it?

If you're sitting at a light and I walk up and bust you in your head and drag you out the window of your car and drive off, do you lose your right to the property, the means to utilize such, I just stripped from you?

That's what the law is for. To protect those rights.
Which rights? Where are the God-given ones recorded?
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are recorded. When your pursuit infringes on another's then it is no longer your right.

I'm often asked why I cite the Moderator of this very Site who recently noted:

THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!

Asking further if I agree... At which time I inform them that of course I agree... given that God prohibits the possibility for someone to simultaneously adhere to both the thesis and the antithesis.

They then usually ask why I feel that Leftists can't or don't adhere to the American thesis and I point out that that is because they wouldn't be Leftist if they did.

But every now and again a jack-ass Liberal gets honest in public and provides a WONDERFUL example of what Anti-Americanism IS, what it looks like and how pitiful they are trying to sell it.

So here's another New York Leftist runs to misinform the Intellectually Less Fortunate, that they have no inalienable rights:

CNN Anchor Our Rights Do Not Come From God CNS News

(The video is embedded in that article I could not find an independent link to the video, so you can watch it there.)

You can get a fantastic discussion of it here, with the most relevant context included:

Mark Levin Chris Cuomo is WRONG Our rights do not come from man and HERE 8217 S WHY The Right Scoop -

In truth, absent God, Inalienable human rights cannot exist.
But which god?

I like to shop eBay and Amazon for the god that comes with the most rights and benefits. I read the user reviews too.

Lotta people don't. I have no idea why not.

Forum List

Back