Climatechangevangelistas! Please explain this...

Climate has never changed because of man burning fossil fuels before. Being disingenuous and partial quoting is all you have, pathetic
That is irrelevant! YOU said Climate has never changed. Then you say it's changing because man is burning fossil fuels, that has never happened
So the Earth's climate according to YOU HAS NEVER changed! And the ONLY reason it's changed is burning fossil fuels!
So maybe you need to define "Earth's climate". Because the polar ice caps had tropical temperatures and there is 90 billion barrels of oil created out of what then?

Earth’s climate has changed many times. For example, fossils from the Cretaceous period (144 to 65 million years ago) show that Earth was much warmer than it is today. Fossilized plants and animals that normally live in warm environments have been found at much higher latitudes than they could survive at today. For instance, breadfruit trees, now found

19 GtC per year goes into dead leaves,
FACT: Carbon Sequestration by Leaves and Dead Plants Carbonisation - WDCD Climate Challenge
hmmm 19 billion tons of CO2 emitted a year from dead leaves.
Hmmm
So how much CO2 in the world...let's see what experts say:
In 2019, about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere..
FACT: The World Counts
So let's see, when you subtract 43.1 billion tons CO2 emitted /year from 72.96 billion tons absorbed by the trees,
that leaves 29 billion tons to cover the 19 billion tons CO2 emitted due to decaying leaves, etc. with 10 Billion tons to spare!!!

Now there are MY FACTS substantiated by links. WHERE ARE YOURS????

First of all, your own link puts the carbon absorbed by trees at 60 GtC per year not your phony 72.96 billion tons, and then it says they give back 57 GtC per year of that 60.

From your own link:
Currently total land emission is around 57 GtC a year out of which 19 GtC per year goes into dead leaves, 17 GtC per year into dead wood, and 21 GtC per year to dead root structures.

You use the same Half-truth/whole LIE technique over and over again, no matter how many times you get caught at it, this time leaving out the wood, and roots that make up a tree along with the leaves, even after I had already explained what a MATURE forest was to you.
Notice the LYING coward ran away from his OWN link!!!

Notice the LYING coward ran away from his OWN link!!!

3,040,000,000,000 trees each absorbing 48 lbs of C02 is hmmm...
72,960,000,000 tons of CO2 per year! 72.9 Billion tons absorbed.
Globally, there are estimated to be 3.04 trillion trees. This is according to a study published in the journal Nature.
When you look at a tree, note that about
  • 5 percent of the tree is comprised of its leaves,
  • 15 percent its stems,
  • 60 percent goes into its trunk and
  • 20 percent is devoted to its roots.
5% of the tree is comprised of LEAVES... ! 5%!
According to the Arbor Day Foundation,
in one year a mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen in exchange.
So for you... simple arithmetic!
3.04 trillion trees absorb 48 lbs of CO2 per year.
That would be 72.96 BILLION tons absorbed.... understand absorbed!
Now according the journal Global Biogeochemical Cycles, the contribution of plants is about 6.4 billion tons annual in CO2.
Now because YOU keep alluding to the leaves of a tree EMITTING CO2 when decayed I've looked at the above statistic provided the federal govt USDA department say 5 percent of a Tree is made up of leaves. 5%!!!
OK so let's take 5% of 48 pounds of CO2 and subtract that from the 48 pounds absorbed and attribute that to leaves decaying creating CO2.
If leaves make up 5% of a tree that would be 2.5 pounds of CO2
subtracted from the 48 pounds leaves 46.5 pounds to be absorbed by the tree per year.
3.04 trillion X 46.5 pounds absorbed is total of 69.312 Billion tons... OK? Do you agree with that math?
So if there is 69.312 Billion tons absorbed and the entire emissions In 2019, was about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere.
So the trees absorb all the 43.1 billion tons emitted PLUS leaving 26 Billion over!

SO I've proven what you said "that decaying leaves wiped out trees' absorption" was so wrong.
You never provided any proof! It was your guess!

That is irrelevant! YOU said Climate has never changed. Then you say it's changing because man is burning fossil fuels, that has never happened
So the Earth's climate according to YOU HAS NEVER changed! And the ONLY reason it's changed is burning fossil fuels!
So maybe you need to define "Earth's climate". Because the polar ice caps had tropical temperatures and there is 90 billion barrels of oil created out of what then?

Earth’s climate has changed many times. For example, fossils from the Cretaceous period (144 to 65 million years ago) show that Earth was much warmer than it is today. Fossilized plants and animals that normally live in warm environments have been found at much higher latitudes than they could survive at today. For instance, breadfruit trees, now found
I did not say that. It's never changed because if the influence of Man.

I did not say that. It's never changed because if the influence of Man.
You wrote "I did not say that. It's never changed because if the influence of Man."
So in your personal, subjective and totally uninformed opinion, the Earth's climate changed because of man, right?
How do you know that the Earth's climate has changed because of man, and that's the ONLY cause, if you agree the Earth's climate has changed?

Remember all the measurements prior to the last 50 years were done by people standing in -30 degrees or +120 degrees looking at a thermometer
that shows ONLY 2 degree separations and then they manually write the results, which are read by people who interpret the observer's handwriting and in turn hand copy the results several times...again over the first 90 years. PLUS where were these people at one time when 12% of the Earth's land mass did NOT have any recordings of temperatures? Yet you and your ilk believe since 1880 the Earth's temperature has increased by 1.53F degrees. See the attached proof and once you read please refute WITH FACTS not your opinion!
Please refute with FACTS not guesses.
thermometerproblems.png

Globally, there are estimated to be 3.04 trillion trees. This is according to a study published in the journal Nature.
When you look at a tree, note that about
  • 15 percent its stems,
in one year a mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen in exchange.
Now according the journal Global Biogeochemical Cycles, the contribution of plants is about 6.4 billion tons annual in CO2.
Now because YOU keep alluding to the leaves of a tree EMITTING CO2 when decayed I've looked at the above statistic provided the federal govt USDA department say 5 percent of a Tree is made up of leaves. 5%!!!
OK so let's take 5% of 48 pounds of CO2 and subtract that from the 48 pounds absorbed and attribute that to leaves decaying creating CO2.
subtracted from the 48 pounds leaves 46.5 pounds to be absorbed by the tree per year.
3.04 trillion X 46.5 pounds absorbed is total of 69.312 Billion tons... OK? Do you agree with that math?
So if there is 69.312 Billion tons absorbed and the entire emissions In 2019, was about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere.
So the trees absorb all the 43.1 billion tons emitted PLUS leaving 26 Billion over!

SO I've proven what you said "that decaying leaves wiped out trees' absorption" was so wrong.
You never provided any proof! It was your guess!
I'm not sure if these calculations have included the CO2 respired by trees. They are living organisms and do excrete CO2 from respiration, so the nett assimilation of CO2, Photosynthesis minus Respiration is not that much especially in deciduous trees.

in one year a mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
OK lets look at your moronic calculation, first of all, you moronically ASSume that all species of trees absorb the same amount of carbon, THEY DON'T, hardwoods absorb the most, other species not so much.
And even more moronically you ASSume all 3.04 million trees are MATURE, they aren't. The youngest and oldest trees absorb less carbon than a middle aged mature tree between 10 to 50 years of age. So to get YOUR phony calculation, all 3.04 million trees must be middle aged hardwoods, they aren't, which is why you can produce no source confirming your moronic calculation! :cuckoo:

His estimate is likely high, but what is the point of your criticism? Are you OPPOSED to planting more trees? The both of you are missing plants (vegetation that doesn't produce cellulose) and the largest factor of all, phytoplankton.

I'm not sure if these calculations have included the CO2 respired by trees. They are living organisms and do excrete CO2 from respiration, so the nett assimilation of CO2, Photosynthesis minus Respiration is not that much especially in deciduous trees.
Prove it! You know the big difference people note between you and me is I substantiate my comments. These aren't my conclusions but
experts that if you weren't so damn lazy you'd provide YOUR proof!

Prove it! You know the big difference people note between you and me is I substantiate my comments. These aren't my conclusions but
experts that if you weren't so damn lazy you'd provide YOUR proof!
What have you substantiated, give me evidence for your denial. What experts?

What have you substantiated, give me evidence for your denial. What experts?
Happy too!
When you look at a tree, note that about :
  • 15 percent its stems,
According to the (experts) Arbor Day Foundation, in one year a mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen in exchange.

Now according the journal (expert) Global Biogeochemical Cycles, the contribution of plants is about 6.4 billion tons annual in CO2.
So the trees absorb all the 43.1 billion tons emitted PLUS leaving 26 Billion left over!
Where is your counter proof to these "experts"???

Prove it! You know the big difference people note between you and me is I substantiate my comments.
YOU actually substantiated it with your own link that I made you eat, and then you ran away from your own source.
Here is your own link:
The chart shows only 5GtC sequestered per year when you include CO2 released and the body type shows only 3GtC sequestered per year, not your BULLSHIT 72.96GtC per year.
01104-carbon-sequestration-1-820x512.jpg

From the typed copy in your link:
Currently total land emission is around 57 GtC a year out of which 19 GtC per year goes into dead leaves, 17 GtC per year into dead wood, and 21 GtC per year to dead root structures.

Happy too!
  • 15 percent its stems,
According to the (experts) Arbor Day Foundation, in one year a mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen in exchange.

Now according the journal (expert) Global Biogeochemical Cycles, the contribution of plants is about 6.4 billion tons annual in CO2.
So the trees absorb all the 43.1 billion tons emitted PLUS leaving 26 Billion left over!
No matter how many times you post your BULLSHIT it still is BULLSHIT!

Happy too!
  • 15 percent its stems,

Trees respire so emit CO2 all the time just like any other living organisms. Your calculations are wrong.

Trees respire so emit CO2 all the time just like any other living organisms. Your calculations are wrong.
Who in the hell are YOU? Why should anyone believe what your unsubstantiated, undocumented purely subjective personal POV?
Why don't you provide links with experts because if YOU were, then you'd put up substantiation! No scholar makes plain wild ass comments.
They substantiate! So give me yours!

Forum List

Back