Climatechangevangelistas! Please explain this...

I was watching network news tonight with the weather person describing the "1 in 500 years" rain in NYC and stating it was clearly caused by "climate change".
It made me wonder then about these two FACTs that the global warming evangelistas seemingly are unaware of.

Fact 1.
Fifty-five million years ago the North Pole was an ice-free zone with tropical temperatures, according to research.
A sediment core excavated from 400m (1,300ft) below the seabed of the Arctic Ocean has enabled scientists to delve far back into the region's past.

Fact 2.
Projections show that the area of land and sea that falls within the Arctic Circle is home to an estimated 90 billion barrels of oil, an incredible 13% of Earth's reserves.

So please tell me you global warming, climate change "evangelistas"......
BIG question ?
Why 50 million years ago did the North Pole have tropical temperatures... was there "global warming"?
(Tropical climates are characterized by monthly average temperatures of 18 ℃ (64.4 ℉)
2nd Big question ?
If oil is formed from mixtures of hydrocarbons that formed from the remains of animals and plants (diatoms) that lived millions of years ,
how come there is 90 billion barrels in the Arctic Circle? Was there "global warming" when this animals and plants were in the Arctic Circle?

I've provided the FACTS that support the premise "global warming" has occurred in the past... Now refute these facts.

Why is it up to anyone here to refute your bullshit? American corporations and Big Oil have been lying to you for decades and you're still defending their lies, and stamping you tiny foot and insisting your right!!!!

How much money does the American economy have to lose to wildfires, flooding and infrastructure collapse before you start dealing with the consequences and before things get worse?

If you want to know about man-made global warming, google, it asshat.

Why is it up to anyone here to refute your bullshit? American corporations and Big Oil have been lying to you for decades and you're still defending their lies, and stamping you tiny foot and insisting your right!!!!

How much money does the American economy have to lose to wildfires, flooding and infrastructure collapse before you start dealing with the consequences and before things get worse?

What is so dumb about the fact the Arctic used to be warm at one time is the obvious fact that the Arctic did not used to be at the North Pole at one time.
They skin of the Earth has moved around a lot.

We know for sure the sun has nothing at all to do with current global warming.
We have been monitoring the sun for hundreds of years, and we know the sun has a 13 year long cycle, and we know this warming it totally out of sync with the solar cycles.

Second is that no one can control the weather, but just slightly influence it a little.
But that does us no good at all, because weather is not global, but just a local imbalance that averages out globally.
In order to fix one place to make it cooler, you end up making other places even hotter.
Did you take the time to read either of the two links I posted?

Some scientists feel the sun has something to do with our global warming. Their report is brand new. Of course you argue it can’t be right because many government financed studies have proved that global warming is man made. If a government financed study shows global climate change is not caused by man, the scientists involved do not get more funding. Therefore most studies show man is responsible for global warming.

I have no idea if the military can control weather but I do believe they are working on it. Weather control would be a useful tool to improve life in a nation or a very powerful weapon.

What is so dumb about the fact the Arctic used to be warm at one time is the obvious fact that the Arctic did not used to be at the North Pole at one time.
They skin of the Earth has moved around a lot.

It's that that his premise is so dumb, it's that he wants posters to debate climate change with him. Fuck no. Why would I do that? If he wants information on climate change, let him google it. Why should we go to the time and trouble to give him links he will only deny, and then insult us and call us names. As he has already done in several other threads he's posted recently.

Did you take the time to read either of the two links I posted?

Some scientists feel the sun has something to do with our global warming. Their report is brand new. Of course you argue it can’t be right because many government financed studies have proved that global warming is man made. If a government financed study shows global climate change is not caused by man, the scientists involved do not get more funding. Therefore most studies show man is responsible for global warming.

I have no idea if the military can control weather but I do believe they are working on it. Weather control would be a useful tool to improve life in a nation or a very powerful weapon.

Yes I read both links and they said very little.
I KNOW already what solar output is like.
I track it carefully.
It is extremely reliable on a 13 year cycles.

This shows how one years is so similar to another.
daily_solar_panel_output.png

Here is the longer range pattern.

globalwarmingpseudo32_01.jpg

And attempts by the military to manipulate weather is not at all interesting.
What every they do in one place, will have negative consequences in other places.
Weather is transient and local.
It does not change climate.

So you are rejecting the science that states the polar ice caps had tropical temperatures?

You are rejecting the reality that 90 billion barrels of oil are in the Arctic circle and they just appeared there?
Talk about truly ignorant people!
YOU protest these FACTS? You say these "scientists" et.al. are wrong?
Fact 1.
Fifty-five million years ago the North Pole was an ice-free zone with tropical temperatures, according to research.
A sediment core excavated from 400m (1,300ft) below the seabed of the Arctic Ocean has enabled scientists to delve far back into the region's past.

Fact 2.
Projections show that the area of land and sea that falls within the Arctic Circle is home to an estimated 90 billion barrels of oil, an incredible 13% of Earth's reserves.
And you dispute these FACTS??? Really you are truly exhibiting why people find people like you hard to believe!

So you are rejecting the science that states the polar ice caps had tropical temperatures?

You are rejecting the reality that 90 billion barrels of oil are in the Arctic circle and they just appeared there?
Talk about truly ignorant people!
YOU protest these FACTS? You say these "scientists" et.al. are wrong?
Fact 1.

Fact 2.
And you dispute these FACTS??? Really you are truly exhibiting why people find people like you hard to believe!
Because the land and seabed now in the Arctic Circle were at a different location on the planet 55 million years, you goddamn moron. JFC how fucking dumb are you

Last edited:
It is a very simple cycle.
When plants do well, they use up the carbon in the air, and then it that starts to make it get cold.
When it gets cold enough, the plants die, and release their carbon back into the air, which makes it slowly start to warm up again.
But again, the last dozen of those cycles have averaged about 110,000 years long.

By burning sequestered fossil fuel, we release millions of years worth of fossil carbon all at once.
FACTS which by the way YOU PROVIDE NONE! NO LINKS! Nothing just your subjective, personal perspective. Now here are the facts:

More Trees Than There Were 100 Years Ago? It's True!​

Scientists discover that the world contains dramatically ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...matically-more-trees-than-previously-thought/
Sep 2, 2015 Scientists discover that the world contains dramatically more trees than previously thought Old-growth trees in the off-trail area of the Opal Creek Wilderness east of Salem, Ore. (Zach Urness ...

Scotland'S Trees, Woods and Forests
https://www.rbg-web2.rbge.org.uk/ethnobotany/ntfp/pdfs/scotlandstrees.pdf
Worldwide, more than a quarter of the land is forest and in the European Union more than one third of all land is covered in trees.
The amount of tree cover in Scotland is still growing as, every year, we plant about 10,000 hectares of new woodland, as well as replanting where trees have been harvested. 66 SCOTLAND'S TREES, WOODS AND FORESTS

Tired of the FACTS???

Last edited:
Because the land and seabed now at the North Pole was at a different location on the planet 55 million years, you goddamn moron. JFC how fucking dumb are you
Prove it! Why are you dummies so hard pressed to present substatiations for your totally personal, subjective opinions! That's all they are
if you don't provide LINKS. GEEZ obviously you have done NO searches using a thing called "Google", DuckDuckGo...etc.
NOW here are the facts which are so easy to repudiate your totally uniformed personal, subjective and erroneous opinion!

48 million and about 12 million years ago North Pole would have been closer to Greenland than it is now

An interesting map showing the locations of the North Magnetic Pole since 1590. The North Magnetic Pole moves over time due to magnetic changes in the Earth’s core. Today, the Geographic North Pole (the point in the Northern Hemisphere where the Earth’s axis of rotation meets its surface, the northernmost point on the Earth) differs from the North Magnetic Pole by about 500 kilometers (311 miles).
Locations of North Magnetic Pole since 1590 - Our Planet

But the new research from the multinational Arctic Coring Expedition found the polar average was closer to 74.

They found that between 48 million and about 12 million years ago, the Earth’s spin axis, and therefore its geographic north and south poles, were in a different place than they are today. Long ago, the North Pole would have been closer to Greenland than it is now, and the South Pole would have shifted similarly to the west. Somewhere around 12 million years ago, the poles moved to where they are now

Damn, son. Quit cutting school. They could have explained all of this to you.
Prove it! Why are you dummies so hard pressed to present substatiations for your totally personal, subjective opinions! That's all they are
if you don't provide LINKS. GEEZ obviously you have done NO searches using a thing called "Google", DuckDuckGo...etc.
NOW here are the facts which are so easy to repudiate your totally uniformed personal, subjective and erroneous opinion!

48 million and about 12 million years ago North Pole would have been closer to Greenland than it is now

An interesting map showing the locations of the North Magnetic Pole since 1590. The North Magnetic Pole moves over time due to magnetic changes in the Earth’s core. Today, the Geographic North Pole (the point in the Northern Hemisphere where the Earth’s axis of rotation meets its surface, the northernmost point on the Earth) differs from the North Magnetic Pole by about 500 kilometers (311 miles).
Locations of North Magnetic Pole since 1590 - Our Planet

But the new research from the multinational Arctic Coring Expedition found the polar average was closer to 74.

They found that between 48 million and about 12 million years ago, the Earth’s spin axis, and therefore its geographic north and south poles, were in a different place than they are today. Long ago, the North Pole would have been closer to Greenland than it is now, and the South Pole would have shifted similarly to the west. Somewhere around 12 million years ago, the poles moved to where they are now

Um, retard? From your own link:

"This time period is associated with a very enhanced greenhouse effect," explained Appy Sluijs, a palaeoecologist from Utrecht University in the Netherlands, and the lead author on one of the papers.

"Basically, it looks like the Earth released a gigantic fart of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere - and globally the Earth warmed by about 5C (9F).

More here: Arctic greenhouse: 55 million years ago, it was balmy - Health & Science - International Herald Tribune (Published 2006)

The findings, detailed in three papers in the journal Nature, show how much remains to be learned about climate change, both natural and human- caused.

But experts said that if anything, the papers suggest that scientists have greatly underestimated the power of greenhouse gases to warm the planet.

[snip]

The new analysis confirms that the Arctic Ocean warmed to a remarkable degree 55 million years ago and that the warming was driven at least in part by an explosive buildup of heat-trapping greenhouse gases - one far greater than the current human-caused rise.

And here: Early Eocene Period – 54 to 48 Million Years Ago | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

The Early Eocene was characterized by high carbon dioxide levels, inferred to be between 1,000 and 2,000 parts per million. Scientists think that increased volcanic activity was an important cause of these high levels of carbon dioxide.
AND???? Were there any cars emitting CO2 54 to 48 million years ago????

This LIE was already explained to you when you first posted it, and then ran away from the truth.
You dishonestly left out a critical piece of information, again LYING by the half-truth/whole Lie method. You deliberately left out the FACT that the leaves shed each year decay releasing CO2 and H2O.
19 GtC per year goes into dead leaves,
FACT: Carbon Sequestration by Leaves and Dead Plants Carbonisation - WDCD Climate Challenge
hmmm 19 billion tons of CO2 emitted a year from dead leaves.
Hmmm
So how much CO2 in the world...let's see what experts say:
In 2019, about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere..
FACT: The World Counts
So let's see, when you subtract 43.1 billion tons CO2 emitted /year from 72.96 billion tons absorbed by the trees,
that leaves 29 billion tons to cover the 19 billion tons CO2 emitted due to decaying leaves, etc. with 10 Billion tons to spare!!!

Now there are MY FACTS substantiated by links. WHERE ARE YOURS????

An interesting map showing the locations of the North Magnetic Pole since 1590. The North Magnetic Pole
Again we see the word games this professional LIAR plays. We were obviously talking about the LAND MASS that is now at the north pole having moved due to plate tectonics and NOT the MAGNETIC north pole moving. This professional LYING technique is known as the Gish Gallop when the LIAR tries to bury you in an avalanche of irrelevant or inaccurate arguments.

19 GtC per year goes into dead leaves,
FACT: Carbon Sequestration by Leaves and Dead Plants Carbonisation - WDCD Climate Challenge
hmmm 19 billion tons of CO2 emitted a year from dead leaves.
Hmmm
So how much CO2 in the world...let's see what experts say:
In 2019, about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere..
FACT: The World Counts
So let's see, when you subtract 43.1 billion tons CO2 emitted /year from 72.96 billion tons absorbed by the trees,
that leaves 29 billion tons to cover the 19 billion tons CO2 emitted due to decaying leaves, etc. with 10 Billion tons to spare!!!

Now there are MY FACTS substantiated by links. WHERE ARE YOURS????
First of all, your own link puts the carbon absorbed by trees at 60 GtC per year not your phony 72.96 billion tons, and then it says they give back 57 GtC per year of that 60.

From your own link:
Currently total land emission is around 57 GtC a year out of which 19 GtC per year goes into dead leaves, 17 GtC per year into dead wood, and 21 GtC per year to dead root structures.

You use the same Half-truth/whole LIE technique over and over again, no matter how many times you get caught at it, this time leaving out the wood, and roots that make up a tree along with the leaves, even after I had already explained what a MATURE forest was to you.

Up and down and up and down and up and down for a million years and now it’s on the way back up. Like clockwork.
What have we been saying?

Yes I read both links and they said very little.
I KNOW already what solar output is like.
I track it carefully.
It is extremely reliable on a 13 year cycles.

This shows how one years is so similar to another.
daily_solar_panel_output.png

Here is the longer range pattern.

globalwarmingpseudo32_01.jpg

And attempts by the military to manipulate weather is not at all interesting.
What every they do in one place, will have negative consequences in other places.
Weather is transient and local.
It does not change climate.
So if the military wants to hurt an opponent nation and they successfully cause a negative change in the weather of that nation are they going to be all that upset that changes occur elsewhere?

It is my bet that if the changes that result in a different area are not in the country attempting to change the weather the attacking nation couldn’t care less.

Check your reading comprehension skills, moron.
You must have aced that Trump U. reading "comprehension" correspondence course.

Post 9: "Does it surprise you control freak Dems want to control evolution? And apparently the Sun's emissions, the earth's orbit, rotation and distance to the moon".

My reply:
July 11, 2020
The Texas Republican congressman Louie Gohmert has asked a senior U.S. government official if changing the moon’s orbit around the Earth, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun, might be a solution for climate change.

Bizarrely, the question was not posed to anyone from NASA or even the Pentagon. Instead it was asked of a senior forestry service official during a House natural resources committee hearing on Tuesday.

“I understand from what’s been testified to the Forest Service and the BLM [Bureau of Land Management], you want very much to work on the issue of climate change,” Gohmert said, adding that a past director of NASA had once told him that orbits of the moon and the Earth were indeed changing.

“We know there’s been significant solar flare activity, and so… is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun?” Gohmert asked. “Obviously that would have profound effects on our climate.”

I was watching network news tonight with the weather person describing the "1 in 500 years" rain in NYC and stating it was clearly caused by "climate change".
It made me wonder then about these two FACTs that the global warming evangelistas seemingly are unaware of.

Fact 1.

Fact 2.

So please tell me you global warming, climate change "evangelistas"......
BIG question ?
Why 50 million years ago did the North Pole have tropical temperatures... was there "global warming"?
(Tropical climates are characterized by monthly average temperatures of 18 ℃ (64.4 ℉)
2nd Big question ?
If oil is formed from mixtures of hydrocarbons that formed from the remains of animals and plants (diatoms) that lived millions of years ,
how come there is 90 billion barrels in the Arctic Circle? Was there "global warming" when this animals and plants were in the Arctic Circle?

I've provided the FACTS that support the premise "global warming" has occurred in the past... Now refute these facts.
Continental drift and or warmer climate then. The point is climate never changed before thought man burning fossil fuels. BTW how did you get on at school pal.

The point is climate never changed before thought man burning fossil fuels.
But then man wasn't there...and the Industrial Revolution hadn't happened yet.

Note...different things can cause similar results

What caused past warming? Extreme volcanic activity for one thing

Forum List

Back