Climate Crisis Is Not Global Warming, It Is Cooling

A little global warming is a good thing ... better crops yields, less energy heating our homes, folks wearing less clothing, more rainfall, fewer powerful weather events ... we're at the dawn of a new Golden Age of human existence ... the end of warfare, no more starvation, vast areas of the Canadian Arctic and Siberia opening up for human habitation ...

... more than a billion people forced to move out of the tropics or die.

But hey, to deniers, that's not an issue. It's not like they're white people.

Then why they building new airports?

Why would a 2ºC temperature increase over 100 years kill a billion people in the tropics?

A wet bulb temperature of 35C or more will kill, by overheating, every large animal and human that can't get into air conditioning. You could be resting in the shade, and it's still lethal. Wet bulb temps in some areas have already hit 33C. That only happens on the hottest of days, but it would only take one such day for a death toll in the millions.

Why would a 2ºC temperature increase over 100 years kill a billion people in the tropics?

A wet bulb temperature of 35C or more will kill, by overheating, every large animal and human that can't get into air conditioning. You could be resting in the shade, and it's still lethal. Wet bulb temps in some areas have already hit 33C. That only happens on the hottest of days, but it would only take one such day for a death toll in the millions.
Man will adapt or go extinct as will animals large and/or small- been that way since the first air was breathed- man ain't gonna change it-

Man will adapt or go extinct as will animals large and/or small- been that way since the first air was breathed- man ain't gonna change it-

So, you're fine with the millions who will die, and the billion who will be forced to move.

Are you volunteering to have a Pakistani family move in with you? They have to go somewhere.

Solar-Cycle-25-NASA-full.png

Wow ... haven't seen the term wet bulb temperature for a long while ... everybody uses dew point temperature anymore ... 35ºC is the all time highest recorded dew point temperature in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia at 3pm on July 8th, 2003 ... the 4 million living there seemed to have survive well enough ... "Record Dew Point Temperatures" from Weather Underground

But Saudi Arabia isn't tropical ... far from it ... in the tropics, relative humidities are much higher than in the Saudi deserts ... it rains at 30ºC, when the dry bulb and the wet bulb are the same ... pretty much every day, on the Pacific side of Panama between it was between 1pm and 5pm, you could set your watch ... who ever told you all the peoples of the tropics were within 2ºC of death was yanking your chain ... I'm sorry, incessant rainfall wrecks your theory ...

Just curious, what makes you think air conditioners are wide spread in these impoverish nations? ... what makes you think electric power is in wide distribution there? ... they just want to burn a little coal so they can have refrigeration ... is that too much to ask? ...

The greening of the earth stopped in the 1990s. It looks to be declining now.

That is, you've fallen for another denier urban legend.

Do you have a citation? ... I'm curious how they're measuring this ... there's some mass of carbon that's gone missing in the atmosphere ... this is generally credited to biologic uptake in the oceans ... thus the Greening of the Earth ...

Those ice age cultists have been pushing their "GLOBAL COOLING REAL SOON NOW!" line continuously for the past 40+ years.
It is quite incontrovertible that the history of global warming is a series of declines in temperature.

Escalator500.gif

Do you have a citation? ...

Of course I do. I can always back up everything I say. That's why some people get so completely unhinged about me. A few of them want me dead or imprisoned because of my knowledge.

The quick summary is that CO2 fertilization has decreasing returns, while desertification doesn't, and the desertification is becoming more dominant. There's also the issue that much of the greening happens in the Arctic, where we don't want it, because it changes albedo so much.

NPP.jpg

Climate-Driven Increases in Global Terrestrial Net Primary Production from 1982 to 1999

Drought-Induced Reduction in Global Terrestrial Net Primary Production from 2000 Through 2009

Net primary production of terrestrial ecosystems from 2000 to 2009

Do you have a citation? ...

Of course I do. I can always back up everything I say. That's why some people get so completely unhinged about me. A few of them want me dead or imprisoned because of my knowledge.

The quick summary is that CO2 fertilization has decreasing returns, while desertification doesn't, and the desertification is becoming more dominant. There's also the issue that much of the greening happens in the Arctic, where we don't want it, because it changes albedo so much.

NPP.jpg

Climate-Driven Increases in Global Terrestrial Net Primary Production from 1982 to 1999

Drought-Induced Reduction in Global Terrestrial Net Primary Production from 2000 Through 2009

Net primary production of terrestrial ecosystems from 2000 to 2009

Interesting...you make claims about what is happening today and use 20 year old science to try and do it...is the disconnect not obvious to you?

Perhaps some more current science is in order to show the failure of the pseudoscience you believe in so fervently...

Error - Cookies Turned Off

Greening-driven-by-CO2-and-Climate-OSullivan-2019-.jpg

Earth system models underestimate carbon fixation by plants in the high latitudes

Models-underestimate-CO2-greening-by-60-percent-Winkler-2019.jpg

Chen et al., 2019

74-percent-of-the-globe-is-greening-due-to-CO2-and-climate-change-Chen-2019.jpg

Gao et al., 2019

Global-greening-in-agricultural-areas-Gao-2019.jpg

Brandt et al., 2019
Qiu et al., 2019
Wang et al., 2019
Cernusak et al., 2019
Oliveira and Marenco, 2019
Zhu et al., 2016
Bencke-Malato et al., 2019
Raj et al., 2019

A little global warming is a good thing ... better crops yields, less energy heating our homes, folks wearing less clothing, more rainfall, fewer powerful weather events ... we're at the dawn of a new Golden Age of human existence ... the end of warfare, no more starvation, vast areas of the Canadian Arctic and Siberia opening up for human habitation ...

... more than a billion people forced to move out of the tropics or die.

But hey, to deniers, that's not an issue. It's not like they're white people.
Die? Of what?

upload_2019-10-30_6-58-6.png
www.engineeringtoolbox.com

The wet-bulb temperature (WBT) is the temperature read by a thermometer covered in water-soaked cloth (wet-bulb thermometer) over which air is passed. At 100% relative humidity, the wet-bulb temperature is equal to the air temperature (dry-bulb temperature) and it is lower at lower humidity.

Forum List

Back