Climate Crisis Is Not Global Warming, It Is Cooling

Man will adapt or go extinct as will animals large and/or small- been that way since the first air was breathed- man ain't gonna change it-

So, you're fine with the millions who will die, and the billion who will be forced to move.

Are you volunteering to have a Pakistani family move in with you? They have to go somewhere.
Immaterial- man ain't gonna change the climate- innovation will help adapt not rules taxes or gov't bullshit.

Of course I do. I can always back up everything I say. That's why some people get so completely unhinged about me. A few of them want me dead or imprisoned because of my knowledge.

The quick summary is that CO2 fertilization has decreasing returns, while desertification doesn't, and the desertification is becoming more dominant. There's also the issue that much of the greening happens in the Arctic, where we don't want it, because it changes albedo so much ...

I'm new here and still trying to get a bead on what passes for knowledge around here ... your citations are mixed and focus on land ... my specific question was the 79% of the Earth's surface that's open ocean ... I did follow the shout out to MODIS and this experiment sounds like it should provide the data we're looking for over the longer time periods ... but we're still ten years away from beginning to get good data and maybe 30 years before any preliminary conclusions can be sought ... there's just too much dynamic contamination in the day-to-day or decade-to-decade comparisons ... SSDD's first link makes the claim that the IPCC Fit the Fifth low-balled the biology, and that all their temperature increase claims need to be scaled back some ... though I'm not sure how we scale back the 2ºC claim without dancing with instrumentation error ...

I'm curious about your use of the term "albedo" ... this is a dimensionless ratio of reflected radiation over incident radiation ... and this value at the North Pole is currently undefinable ... the 5 month polar night has begun there, thus no incident radiation and we can't divide by zero ... just an interesting bit of trivia for the next cocktail party you attend ... better is to look at the averages at the Arctic Circle where incident radiation is 31% of what's received at the equator, and the Arctic Circle is 31% the length of the equator (via cosine (latitude)) ... so even a large drop in polar albedo is only a small increase in total radiation, and this extra energy will mostly be confined to the polar circulation cell and be shed again after it uplifts along the polar front ... don't get me wrong, I understand the hazards of trivializing this effect in isolation, how this impacts the complexities of the entire climate system is still to be determined ... the good news we'll know for certain in a hundred years ...

I think the mistake you've made in your "billion dead" claim is that you assume if temperatures rise so will relative humidity ... in fact, as temperatures rises, the atmosphere absorbs more water keeping RH the same in the tropics ... and once RH reaches 100%, it starts raining ...

Climate
Published 5 hours ago
Explosion in Antarctic sea ice levels may cause another ice age
By Chris Ciaccia | Fox News
“One key question in the field is still what caused the Earth to periodically cycle in and out of ice ages,” University of Chicago professor and the study's co-author, Malte Jansen, said in a statement. “We are pretty confident that the carbon balance between the atmosphere and ocean must have changed, but we don’t quite know how or why."

IN SHORT THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS DRIVING THE CLIMATE.
LOL....

Climate
Published 5 hours ago

A fine big lie by FOX News.

The study didn't say Antarctic Sea Ice levels were exploding. That would be crazy, being that Antarctic sea ice levels are declining.

The study said rising ice levels were a factor in past ice ages. FOX just lied about that.

The lesson, as usual, is to always assume that FOX news always lies about climate science.

Climate
Published 5 hours ago

A fine big lie by FOX News.

The study didn't say Antarctic Sea Ice levels were exploding. That would be crazy, being that Antarctic sea ice levels are declining.

The study said rising ice levels were a factor in past ice ages. FOX just lied about that.

The lesson, as usual, is to always assume that FOX news always lies about climate science.
Do you see the word"may"? Do you know what it means?

You let your partisan views get in the way.

Earth Sciences Oct 29, 2019
Antarctic sea ice is key to triggering ice ages, study finds
We've known for years that Earth's climate is like a giant Rube Goldberg machine: Pull one lever, and a massive chain of events starts into motion. Yet many of the steps that drive these changes have remained shrouded in ...

Do you see the word"may"? Do you know what it means

Despite your attempts to deflect by harping on the irrelevant, FOX News still lied.

Antarctic sea ice levels are declining.

FOX News wrote a breathless headline and story that implied the exact opposite.

That's lying.

And you're running cover for it.

Despite your attempts to deflect by harping on the irrelevant, FOX News still lied.

That's lying.

I'm not running anywhere. I posted another article about the same claim pulled fro Phys.cog.com. Hardly a right wing anti climate change site.

That's lying.

I'm not running anywhere. I posted another article about the same claim pulled fro Phys.cog.com. Hardly a right wing anti climate change site.
Phys.org

1. Home
  2. Earth
  3. Earth Sciences

August 28, 2019

Research sheds new light on Antarctic control of global climate
by University of Southampton

Sea ice and icebergs in the shelf sea environment adjacent to Antarctica. Credit: Mike Meredith, British Antarctic Survey
Scientists have made a new discovery that challenges previous understanding of the relationship between the polar Southern Ocean, next to Antarctica, and carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. Their findings show that, contrary to existing assumptions, biological processes far out at sea are the most important factors determining how the ocean absorbs carbon dioxide. The results are published this week in the journal Science Advances.

my specific question was the 79% of the Earth's surface that's open ocean ...

Greening refers only to land.

I did follow the shout out to MODIS and this experiment sounds like it should provide the data we're looking for over the longer time periods ... but we're still ten years away from beginning to get good data and maybe 30 years before any preliminary conclusions can be sought ... there's just too much dynamic contamination in the day-to-day or decade-to-decade comparisons ...

That goes both ways, then. Nobody can use it to say there's more greening.

's first link makes the claim that the IPCC Fit the Fifth low-balled the biology,

None of his links refute the fact that greening ended in the 1990s. Nobody disputes that greening happened before that. We just point out that it's no longer happening.

and that all their temperature increase claims need to be scaled back some ...

Why? The effect on CO2 levels is insignificant, and in any case, it's not happening any more.

I'm curious about your use of the term "albedo" ... this is a dimensionless ratio of reflected radiation over incident radiation ... and this value at the North Pole is currently undefinable ...

It's not undefinable in northern Canada, Alaska and Russia. When tundra turns to forest, more solar energy is absorbed.

I think the mistake you've made in your "billion dead" claim is that you assume if temperatures rise so will relative humidity ...

No, I'm not. Relative humidity is remaining constant, while absolute humidity is rising. As temperatures rise and humidity remains level, wet bulb temperatures rise.

Is there any actual point here, or are you just listing random papers for the hell of it?
Yes Man can not change the climate, with the exception of nuclear bombs, even if he wanted.
Is there any actual point here, or are you just listing random papers for the hell of it?
You know termites world wide produce 10 times the amount of greenhouse gases than all of human production in a year.

Jul 18, 2005
Methane's Impacts on Climate Change May Be Twice Previous Estimates

Scientists face difficult challenges in predicting and understanding how much our climate is changing. When it comes to gases that trap heat in our atmosphere, called greenhouse gases (GHGs), scientists typically look at ...

Jan 11, 2006
The forgotten methane source
In the last few years, more and more research has focused on the biosphere; particularly, on how gases which influence the climate are exchanged between the biosphere and atmosphere. Researchers from the Max Planck Institute ...

Yes Man can not change the climate, with the exception of nuclear bombs, even if he wanted.

But none of the papers say or imply such a thing. Why did you think they did? "There are uncertainties, so we know nothing" is junk science. The uncertainties are accounted for.

You know termites world wide produce 10 times the amount of greenhouse gases than all of human production in a year.

So?

You don't seem to understand how an equilibrium system works. Termites produce the same amount of CO2 each year, and the biosphere absorbs the same amount. When humans add more, the biosphere can't absorb it, so it builds up in the atmosphere.

But none of the papers say or imply such a thing. Why did you think they did? "There are uncertainties, so we know nothing" is junk science. The uncertainties are accounted for.

So?

You don't seem to understand how an equilibrium system works. Termites produce the same amount of CO2 each year, and the biosphere absorbs the same amount. When humans add more, the biosphere can't absorb it, so it builds up in the atmosphere.
CO2 is not causing the world to warm. It isn't possible.

Forum List

Back