Climate Activists Seek to Save the Planet by Cutting, Burying Trees

I think the purpose is to sequester short cycle carbon and transform it into long cycle carbon.

It's the long cycle carbon the actual proponents of Climate Change believe causes the problem. It's the less informed of the nutters that can't tell the difference between the two.
Nevada does not want nuclear waste in it's state. Why would they want more of what you claim is bad for climate? Sorry, it is a paywall site.

My mistake then. I look around this forum and see a bunch of angry, spiteful assholes that don't care about anything but fucking over the other side. That must have been a misread.

In my opinion it's intential myopia. You would rather trash people for being supposed Luddites than deal with their questions and concerns over overreaching government control of people's daily lives over supposed human driven climate change.

or more to the point, climate change impacted quality of life changes being worse than imposed governmental quality of life destruction.

Leftards once again making the Babylon Bee look like a legitimate news organization.

Through his foundation Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Mr. Gates is a part of the $6.6 million seed investor pool backing Kodama Systems in its proposal to remove trees in California's fire-challenged woodlands and bury them in Nevada to sequester carbon dioxide (CO2).

"We must dramatically accelerate forest thinning treatments," the Boston-based firm says on its website. Kodama calls itself a "technology-driven forest restoration service."

Technology driven!
So is a coal fired steam train.

So Envirowhackos, where’s the data that if we cut down CO2 eating trees and feed them to worms (who turn it into CO2) we save the world?

Well it does make some sense to cut out some of the sick trees that will likely add to forest fires. That is an area where they have really failed here in California. Thinning the forests. But clearly, planting more trees would make more sense for those who are concerned about absorbing carbon. Actually, I had read that bamboo absorbs 5 times the amount of carbon as does and equal amount of tree absorption.

You said 30 years.
What’s the delta?
You're acting like EVs and green energy in general have not grown a lot in the last few decades. You're playing games. You're not here to have honest conversations. This is all a competition to you I guess, and honesty is not needed.

I don't play like you do here. You can just be a moron. That's fine

Nevada does not want nuclear waste in it's state. Why would they want more of what you claim is bad for climate? Sorry, it is a paywall site.

I don't want the requirement I have to shit every day, but I can't change that due to human biology.

If you want a modern society with minimal fossil fuels, Nuclear is the only viable power source for base load, and the waste has to go somewhere. At least it's concentrated in a small volume relative to the CO2 discharged to the air via fossil fuel use.

There is no free ride in life.

You're acting like EVs and green energy in general have not grown a lot in the last few decades. You're playing games. You're not here to have honest conversations. This is all a competition to you I guess, and honesty is not needed.

I don't play like you do here. You can just be a moron. That's fine
So you can’t think of any improvements in EV’s in the past 30 years.

In my opinion it's intential myopia. You would rather trash people for being supposed Luddites than deal with their questions and concerns over overreaching government control of people's daily lives over supposed human driven climate change.

or more to the point, climate change impacted quality of life changes being worse than imposed governmental quality of life destruction.
I already expressed I don't understand the government doing it the way it does. I didn't ignore your concerns. I addressed them honestly.

Next?

Cut down the trees to save the planet. What could possibly go wrong with that brilliant idea?

I already expressed I don't understand the government doing it the way it does. I didn't ignore your concerns. I addressed them honestly.

Next?

What next?

I disproved your whole "the right hates technology" argument.

BS. Car manufacturers are required by law to produce EV’s.

Got a citation? ... what law outside of California requires us to buy EV's ... or did you not read Marty's comment? ...

This article claims that the EPA rules were proposed but only for the makers of medium and heavy duty vehicles ... and that current rules are under an Executive Order ... not law ... {Cite} from Reuters, May 2023 ...

Nah, none. None in over 100 years in fact. Right clown?

That's what we need to go back to ... 90% fewer passenger vehicles ... including EVs ... we need to stop making cars for a few decades ...

Do you think anything other than OIL MONEY is funding the current rocket attacks in the Levant? ... do you think anything other than OIL MONEY is funding any of these hostilities in the region over the past 109 years? ...

There's better reasons to curb our use of fossil fuels ... yes, even the environment can take a back seat ...

Got a citation? ... what law outside of California requires us to buy EV's ... or did you not read Marty's comment? ...

This article claims that the EPA rules were proposed but only for the makers of medium and heavy duty vehicles ... and that current rules are under an Executive Order ... not law ... {Cite} from Reuters, May 2023 ...

They increase the Fleet milage requirements so only by selling EV's can they meet them
States ban sales of new ICE vehicles, thus limiting the market, and forcing companies to begin scaling down production of ICE vehicles.

It's end runs, but the results are the same.

Why is all this needed if EV's are superior to ICE vehicles?

Lol, thinning forests is not new. Cuts down on light competition. It does slow down spread of forest fires. It is typically not the larger trees that get thinned. It is the smaller trees that get thinned as they have already lost the competition for sun light. If the smaller trees are to small to create usable board foot then there is some logic to tilling them into the ground in areas like Nevada. The more organics put into the soil in places like Nevada where the ground is not fertile the more fertile it gets and the more water the ground can hold. Over long periods of time this could convert previously useless land into farm land.

Forum List

Back