Clearing up a misconception atheists have about practicing Christians

Well you’re saying because you said so. Or, because your religion says so. You can’t expect to enter your holy book as evidence. if so please also include the book of Mormons. Do you know what god told Joseph Smith about your religion? It wasn’t good.

What did Smith say?

The atheists/ags think we are following a book of pure religion, but I have learned from the back and forth here that science, math, logic, and history back the Bible up (the studies of truth has expanded). If it didn't, then Christianity would be just another religion. The atheists/ags would have proven it false or found an actual contradiction hundreds of years ago.

Instead, we found what was there before the big bang, singularity, has been proven to be a lie. We also found the scientific method disproves abiogenesis. Yet, the religion of atheism still exists because the atheists/ags will not accept the evidence presented to them because of ignorance, stupidity, stubbornness, or some mental issues. It is all based on a house of cards called consensus now. It is all the atheists/ags who make up this consensus.

Just look at how these Bible thumpers deny global warming, evolution, wearing masks, taking the vaccine.
Keep in mind that many who are "denying global warming" are merely denying that the government can fix it. Meanwhile government is rubbing their hands in delight over another reason to raise taxes and control people. Note how well the government did with the War on Drugs, the War on Poverty, etc. The last thing we need is for the government to star their War on Climate. The cynic in me notes the government is merely saying, "Want more of your money."

Wearing masks: Put masks and virus under a microscope. The weave on masks is much larger than that itty-bitty virus. Or do your own experiment and blow smoke through. People who wish to wear mask absolutely should. Government should not force the issue. Taking the vaccine: I saw a statistic stating one in four will not take the vaccine. My family fits that statistic. My husband and two daughters will (one already has). I will not. That is merely because I react badly to even over-the-counter medications. Went through two natural child-births. When I had my appendix out, took me a full month to recover from being knocked out. (Can't drink, either. :) )

Just saying we shouldn't put everyone in the same box. I have my reasons for opting for no mask, no vaccine. That doesn't mean I think everyone has the same reasons I have. We are not cookie stamps of each other, and it should not bother people when another type of cookie opts for something different than we did.
Notice for how many years you guys denied global warming was real? Now you’re saying you actually knew it was real and your real argument is there’s nothing we can do about it?

I was waiting for the day republicans stopped denying it. Trump denied it. Glad to see you’re giving up your lie for a different argument.

Oh, and isn’t lying wrong?
Very few people deny the climate is changing.

But your side simply hasn't proven man's actions have anything to do with it.

But you take it on faith because you were told to.
Scientific community isn’t lying to you
you have to be kidding ...
View attachment 456296
sure, nature is just a disposable commodity for christians ...
Anyone with any familiarity with the scientific method knows how climate "science" has been bastardized to support a predetermined conclusion.
The scientific community laughs in your face
Odd how you don't believe scientists who have faith in God.

Perhaps you just believe scientists who say things that align with your faith.
The scientific community. Consensus.

Most religious scientists admit God can’t be proven.
That's because they understand the nature of faith.

You don't seem to.

Nor do religious scientists seek to prove God's existence.
All I know is this. If I saw people attacking you I would come to your rescue. If someone I know needs a couple hundred bucks I’ll give it. I don’t screw people I work with over. I’m not greedy. I don’t want anyone to go hungry. I wish we never fought another war. I have empathy towards minorities and I acknowledge their struggles. I don’t like bullies. When I watch Selma I root for king not the whites. I want to reduce pollution.

If everyone were as good as me we’d live In a great world.

Shouldnt lie, steal and cheat.

We want to believe in god we just can’t. It’s not coming from an evil place. Another misconception by theists.
That's all good, and I applaud you for it, but I never said your disbelief was rooted in evil, nor did I say you yourself are evil because you don't believe.

I agree that if everyone were to do good, this world would be a better place.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but many atheists believe that “religious” people foolishly follow a book of rules, for baseless reasons. For example, because they were raised into a particular religion, or out of fear, or because they were duped into it.

In other words, they believe it’s foolish to live your life following "rules from a book" that was written thousands of years ago, by men. Some atheists also say that Christianity or other religions are simply about controlling people.

Here’s what I believe that atheists and agnostics simply don’t get.

I can't speak for all Christians, but for myself and the Christians that I know, we choose to follow Jesus not because we were raised in a Christian home (I wasn’t) or because we were duped into it (nobody tells me what to think, I have always been an independent thinker) or for other shallow, baseless reasons like that.

When it comes to either being our own boss, or living by God's ways…. the reason that born again Christians choose the latter is because we have been on both sides, and we have seen through life experience that living by God's ways is simply BETTER, wiser, and it WORKS, in a practical sense. There are other reasons as well, but this particular reason is what I wanted to focus on for this thread.

So to sum that up…. Between following the world’s ways or following God’s ways, for some of us we have learned through experience (sometimes the hard way) that the latter is absolutely BETTER and it leads to good things as opposed to bad things. It simply WORKS, even though it can be hard at times, in this fallen world.

I hope I explained that clearly. If it didn’t make sense, please let me know and feel free to share your thoughts!

So it's your assertion that most Christians have made the choice to not follow the non-Christian religions they were raised with?

I don't think calling yourself a protestant when your parents call themselves Catholic is choosing a different religion than your parents.

Just look at how these Bible thumpers deny global warming, evolution, wearing masks, taking the vaccine.
Keep in mind that many who are "denying global warming" are merely denying that the government can fix it. Meanwhile government is rubbing their hands in delight over another reason to raise taxes and control people. Note how well the government did with the War on Drugs, the War on Poverty, etc. The last thing we need is for the government to star their War on Climate. The cynic in me notes the government is merely saying, "Want more of your money."

Wearing masks: Put masks and virus under a microscope. The weave on masks is much larger than that itty-bitty virus. Or do your own experiment and blow smoke through. People who wish to wear mask absolutely should. Government should not force the issue. Taking the vaccine: I saw a statistic stating one in four will not take the vaccine. My family fits that statistic. My husband and two daughters will (one already has). I will not. That is merely because I react badly to even over-the-counter medications. Went through two natural child-births. When I had my appendix out, took me a full month to recover from being knocked out. (Can't drink, either. :) )

Just saying we shouldn't put everyone in the same box. I have my reasons for opting for no mask, no vaccine. That doesn't mean I think everyone has the same reasons I have. We are not cookie stamps of each other, and it should not bother people when another type of cookie opts for something different than we did.
Notice for how many years you guys denied global warming was real? Now you’re saying you actually knew it was real and your real argument is there’s nothing we can do about it?

I was waiting for the day republicans stopped denying it. Trump denied it. Glad to see you’re giving up your lie for a different argument.

View attachment 456296
Anyone with any familiarity with the scientific method knows how climate "science" has been bastardized to support a predetermined conclusion.

You don't seem to.

So you’re saying no atheists understand the nature of faith? I think this is another misconception you have.

So far I’m not seeing any misconceptions we have about theists but I’m seeing lots from you
me: i believe in God because I have faith He's real

atheist: i need to see proof of this god

me: faith precludes proof. if there were proof of God it would deny the free will God hard-wired into us. the decision to believe would be worthless.

atheist: ha ha neener neener checkmaet

Again: History proves me correct.
Given your past, absurd, authoritative declarations, i am not moved by your newest one. Sorry.

But you are providing a very nice, salient illustration of the intellectual handicap that constrains you, when "Because i say so" is all you really have. I am sure you are quite unaware it is happening and is controlling you, but this handicap is pretty much responsible for your childish behavior.
Oh, sorry, forgot. "Because I say so" is your schtick.

Leftists tend to be totalitarians when they get the chance. That's not at all up for debate. Pouting and stamping your feet does not make it untrue.
Well you’re saying because you said so. Or, because your religion says so. You can’t expect to enter your holy book as evidence. if so please also include the book of Mormons. Do you know what god told Joseph Smith about your religion? It wasn’t good.
I am responsible only for what I say. Using Mormonism as a big gotcha is kinda lame.

And also, history proves leftists tend to be totalitarians when they get the chance.

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

So you’re saying no atheists understand the nature of faith? I think this is another misconception you have.

So far I’m not seeing any misconceptions we have about theists but I’m seeing lots from you

me: faith precludes proof. if there were proof of God it would deny the free will God hard-wired into us. the decision to believe would be worthless.

Personally I don't think it matters if there is a god or not.

If the supreme being knocked on my door tomorrow I wouldn't change the way I live my life.

What did Smith say?

The atheists/ags think we are following a book of pure religion, but I have learned from the back and forth here that science, math, logic, and history back the Bible up (the studies of truth has expanded). If it didn't, then Christianity would be just another religion. The atheists/ags would have proven it false or found an actual contradiction hundreds of years ago.

Instead, we found what was there before the big bang, singularity, has been proven to be a lie. We also found the scientific method disproves abiogenesis. Yet, the religion of atheism still exists because the atheists/ags will not accept the evidence presented to them because of ignorance, stupidity, stubbornness, or some mental issues. It is all based on a house of cards called consensus now. It is all the atheists/ags who make up this consensus.
but I have learned from the back and forth here that science, math, logic, and history back the Bible up
your 4th century book is predicated on a false myth, the 1st century religious itinerant claimed to be a messiah - where is that backed up by "science, math, logic, and history" or by the itinerant in their own writing and by that fallacy renders your book at best a work of fiction and in reality a mirage disguised as a religion for ulterior motives as proven throughout history. - as nothing more than a foil for the purpose to persecute and victimize anyone unwilling to refer to themselves as incurable sinners. under the yoke of your single publication.

the christian bible is the exact opposite of 1st century liberation theology and the religion of antiquity more than one person have lost their lives over and written by the very people that crucifed an innocent being to use their death for their own devious purposes.

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

If the supreme being knocked on my door tomorrow I wouldn't change the way I live my life.
Well, I kinda doubt that.

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

Actually, I’d be a very religious person if I believed a god was watching.

And honestly, I wonder how many theists actually believe. Like how could you pleasure yourself to the thought of someone who isn’t your wife knowing a god is watching. or how about all the Christians who have gotten abortions. If i truly believed in god I would never abort.

Given your past, absurd, authoritative declarations, i am not moved by your newest one. Sorry.

But you are providing a very nice, salient illustration of the intellectual handicap that constrains you, when "Because i say so" is all you really have. I am sure you are quite unaware it is happening and is controlling you, but this handicap is pretty much responsible for your childish behavior.

Leftists tend to be totalitarians when they get the chance. That's not at all up for debate. Pouting and stamping your feet does not make it untrue.
I am responsible only for what I say. Using Mormonism as a big gotcha is kinda lame.

And also, history proves leftists tend to be totalitarians when they get the chance.
The reason America is great is because we are secular.

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

I don’t think a god would care if you believe either. That would be his last concern.

They say it wouldn’t mean anything if we knew god was real for sure. So god not being around is a test. Even though he’s watching my every move I can’t see him or tell he’s there.

Why not reveal yourself and leave what it takes to get to heaven as the Mystery?

Or better yet don’t make people who rape murder lie cheat steal and lust.

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

And honestly, I wonder how many theists actually believe. Like how could you pleasure yourself to the thought of someone who isn’t your wife knowing a god is watching. or how about all the Christians who have gotten abortions. If i truly believed in god I would never abort.
And many don't have abortions, or commit various other sins, because they don't want to disappoint God.

People, on the whole, aren't great at resisting temptation, unfortunately. It's a fallen world.

The reason America is great is because we are secular.
That doesn't disprove my claim at all, but let's examine it a little more closely.

Conservatives: Want to be as free as possible from government restraint. Support individual liberties.

Liberals: Want government to regulate individual lives. Support the collective over the individual.

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

I don’t think a god would care if you believe either. That would be his last concern.

They say it wouldn’t mean anything if we knew god was real for sure. So god not being around is a test. Even though he’s watching my every move I can’t see him or tell he’s there.

Why not reveal yourself and leave what it takes to get to heaven as the Mystery?

Or better yet don’t make people who rape murder lie cheat steal and lust.
That's the free will thing again. People choose to rape, murder, lie, cheat, steal, and lust. No one is forced to. Each is a conscious choice, every time the act is committed.

God could have made people unable to sin. But then they'd have no agency in deciding to commit wrong. Similarly, God could have made people hard-wired to believe in him. Again, no agency in choosing God. People would be little more than automatons, just flesh robots.

Who is more generous, the person who freely gives of their time, effort, and money, or the person who is coerced to give?

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

And many don't have abortions, or commit various other sins, because they don't want to disappoint God.

People, on the whole, aren't great at resisting temptation, unfortunately. It's a fallen world.
your world is a fallen world

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

your world is a fallen world
Ahhh, the old NO U gambit. Devastating.

View attachment 456296

You don't seem to.

Well, I kinda doubt that.

Why?

You assume I am some kind of reprobate ? I live a good life there is no reason for me to change the way I live.

What did Smith say?

but I have learned from the back and forth here that science, math, logic, and history back the Bible up
your 4th century book is predicated on a false myth, the 1st century religious itinerant claimed to be a messiah - where is that backed up by "science, math, logic, and history" or by the itinerant in their own writing and by that fallacy renders your book at best a work of fiction and in reality a mirage disguised as a religion for ulterior motives as proven throughout history. - as nothing more than a foil for the purpose to persecute and victimize anyone unwilling to refer to themselves as incurable sinners. under the yoke of your single publication.

the christian bible is the exact opposite of 1st century liberation theology and the religion of antiquity more than one person have lost their lives over and written by the very people that crucifed an innocent being to use their death for their own devious purposes.
Please show us the liberation theology of antiquity. Thanks,

Forum List

Back