Clean Up America

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
It's embarrassing that we have zero respect for our country to the point now where almost everywhere you go there's litter and trash -- in my area the chain gangs used to go around picking it up, but they had too many escape attempts.

Maybe the touristy states do a better job like Florida and Hawaii, but I think it's time for a national campaign to clean up and start taking some pride in this country before it's literally too late.

Give Kamala something useful to do.

Do you see this in Germany, Italy or Spain ? What about Japan and New Zealand ?
1645292461385.png

You have sanitation workers right? is it so much garbage they cannot keep up?

You have sanitation workers right? is it so much garbage they cannot keep up?
It is common in many states to see people throw garbage, mostly cigarette butts, out their car windows. The sanitation crews cannot keep up with the daily littering in many parts of the nation. Even sitting in a drive-through it is common to see the car ahead toss their cigarette butt out because “someone else can pick it up”. A good friend of mine was dating, what she thought was a decent guy, but on one of their dates he threw out fast food garbage from the car window. She never again went out with that lazy loser.

It is laziness when you see unfilled trash cans within sight yet trash is still on the ground. It is more than infuriating because the accumulation is almost unresolvable with plastic continuing to accumulate in the waterways (micro plastics are within the bodies of humans and animals) , but still can be resolved with adequate effort that goes beyond individual attempts.

It is common in many states to see people throw garbage, mostly cigarette butts, out their car windows. The sanitation crews cannot keep up with the daily littering in many parts of the nation. Even sitting in a drive-through it is common to see the car ahead toss their cigarette butt out because “someone else can pick it up”. A good friend of mine was dating, what she thought was a decent guy, but on one of their dates he threw out fast food garbage from the car window. She never again went out with that lazy loser.

It is laziness when you see unfilled trash cans within sight yet trash is still on the ground. It is more than infuriating because the accumulation is almost unresolvable with plastic continuing to accumulate in the waterways (micro plastics are within the bodies of humans and animals) , but still can be resolved with adequate effort that goes beyond individual attempts.
Are needles and broken glass a problem there? Can you walk barefoot in the park or the beach? I do here.

Are needles and broken glass a problem there? Can you walk barefoot in the park or the beach? I do here.
I lived in a pretty small town of 20,000 after moving away from a major metro, and the answer is no. After finding discarded drug needles in literally all of the local parks and beaches, parents stopped letting their children go to parks and beaches alone.

I moved to a very small rural town six months ago and have yet to see needles or even graffiti. It's lovely to feel safe again.

Not in my area no Shoshi, but in areas that are worse. Downtown San Francisco for example, has various streets littered with broken glass and used needles reportedly. It used to be a beautiful city.

I lived in a pretty small town of 20,000 after moving away from a major metro, and the answer is no. After finding discarded drug needles in literally all of the local parks and beaches, parents stopped letting their children go to parks and beaches alone.

I moved to a very small rural town six months ago and have yet to see needles or even graffiti. It's lovely to feel safe again.
In large cities people are secure in their anonymity, and the ability to get away with all sorts of mischief.

Houston is actually pretty clean.
My Canadian cousin was visiting and remarked on how clean our roads and freeways were.
Of course I told her it's not like this everywhere and we do have some bad spots.
A lot is from hispanics,I watched a mexican woman pushing a shopping cart with a kid in it,and she snatched the candy bar out of the kids hand and just threw the wrapper on the ground.
The Texas city dike was full of trash left by mexicans,there would be a trash can 20 feet away and they couldnt bother to walk that far and just piled beer cans and used diapers and left them.
Then a hurricane came through and pretty much destroyed the place. When they rebuilt it they started charging ten bucks a car and two bucks a head.
No more mexicans,I guess that was to much money for em.

Makes you wonder what people from other countries think of us when they come for a visit.

And then there are those who bag their dogs' shit and then leave the bag behind.
And in my tiny town, a word on Facebook would likely get a response from someone who saw the dog owner commit offense, and they would then be shamed into coming and picking up their mess. I like it.

It's not enough to simply tell people not to litter. They must also be instructed to place refuse in a trash receptacle, or hold it somewhere until they can conveniently do so.

When you see the jumbled mess of shopping carts in your supermarket's "cart corral" you will realize that people have never been instructed to place them properly nested together.

Forum List

Back