Class reunion letter lists 'white graduates only' party

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2011
sw mizzouri
Gotta love those southerners.

Graduates from the St. Martinville, La., Senior High School Class of 1973 decided that after nearly 40 years, they would stop holding segregated class reunions, but a letter announcing the change included an after party for "white graduates only."

Michael Kreamer, who is the principal of the Louisiana school, said the letter was brought to his attention on Friday morning.

"It's disappointing to see something like this," he said. "The school was really not involved at all in it."

On Sept. 21, a reception will be held at the school, followed by the homecoming football game, which the letter notes all graduates are welcome to attend.

After the game, "white graduates only" are invited to a classmate's home and are encouraged to bring a "food dish to share."

Class reunion letter lists 'white graduates only' party - Yahoo! News

I have to qualify. I don't see anything wrong with having a black only private party either.

No one would bat an eye if the Afro animals decided to hold an Afro-only party. Oh wait, they did.

Unless there are white hoods and burning crosses involved, I don't see where this is an issue.

I wonder how many white people are members of the "Congressional Black Caucus" or "The New Black Panther Party".

Why don't you liberals object to affirmative action.??? How is that different from this? Why do you approve of the govt telling businesses they must give preference to blacks when hiring?

Unless there are white hoods and burning crosses involved, I don't see where this is an issue.

I wonder how many white people are members of the "Congressional Black Caucus" or "The New Black Panther Party".

You are comparing the congressional black caucus to the new black panther party?

Thats like comparing the RNC to a KKK meeting. :cool:

The reunion isn't school sanctioned anyways. It's set up by the graduates. Nevertheless, it was a PRIVATE after party. While I don't agree with the decision of having a private after-party, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Until we blacks get rid of all Black universities, the BET, all Black Fraternity, all black clubs etc, then they need to stop their hypocrisy and shut the fuck up!

Graduates from the St. Martinville, La., Senior High School Class of 1973 decided that after nearly 40 years, they would stop holding segregated class reunions, but a letter announcing the change included an after party for "white graduates only."

Michael Kreamer, who is the principal of the Louisiana school, said the letter was brought to his attention on Friday morning.

"It's disappointing to see something like this," he said. "The school was really not involved at all in it."

On Sept. 21, a reception will be held at the school, followed by the homecoming football game, which the letter notes all graduates are welcome to attend.

After the game, "white graduates only" are invited to a classmate's home and are encouraged to bring a "food dish to share."

A private party at someone's HOME is not subject to innane ideas of inclusion, nor is access to someone's home covered by affirmative action laws.

The reunion isn't school sanctioned anyways. It's set up by the graduates. Nevertheless, it was a PRIVATE after party. While I don't agree with the decision of having a private after-party, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Until we blacks get rid of all Black universities, the BET, all Black Fraternity, all black clubs etc, then they need to stop their hypocrisy and shut the fuck up!

Expect to be maligned, excoriated, being called Uncle Tom, but take comfort in the fact that you are in good company.

You are comparing the congressional black caucus to the new black panther party?

Thats like comparing the RNC to a KKK meeting. :cool:

No it's not! The RNC has many members of different races and is even the party of Puerto Rico!!! They don't exclude by race. the KKK, New Black Panthers and the CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS excludes by race! Big different chump!

Expect to be maligned, excoriated, being called Uncle Tom, but take comfort in the fact that you are in good company.

Bad typo! :redface: I'm white!

You'll be happy to know that Mitten just started a Black Leadership Council. :lol:

Forum List

Back