Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

So what. 😆

Link to some nefarious activities and you'll have my attention. As it is your paranoia means nothing
That's the thing.

There really is no way anyone can put pressure on a SCOTUS Judge. No one knows what cases will be heard, there is no worry of losing his position or of having to fund campaigns etc

How much influence can anyone have over a SCOTUS judge?

Doesn't matter.

The law does not agree with you.

People who work for the government are allowed to have friends.

Yes they are, they also have different rules to follow than you and I. They accept those when they accept the job.

Are you telling me that if you invite a friend of yours who is on active duty over to your house for the weekend and you feed him and take him to a ball game that he has to report those as "gifts"?

Depends on the value.

That's the thing.

There really is no way anyone can put pressure on a SCOTUS Judge. No one knows what cases will be heard, there is no worry of losing his position or of having to fund campaigns etc

This has been going on for 20 years.

Depends on how much they love taking these vacations they could not afford on their own.

I'm curious as to why you call it a "gift"

If his rich friend picked him up in a very expensive car and drove him somewhere is that a "gift" too?

If he and his wife spent a weekend at the mansion of a rich friend is that a "gift"?

I'm not saying that Thomas is perfectly upright but people are still allowed to have friends ( even rich ones) and there is really no money involved in Thomas's position and no way to really know if and when any particular case is going to be heard by SCOTUS in any given year how much can he be influenced realistically?
Very simply, the OP is the type of poster that obviously goes to Soros propaganda and calls it news...and Justice Thomas is well, black, so the folks that troll that those websites, and write for those websites, don't like those uppity black folk, and can't image they could even go on vacation without someone paying their way

In it's on article ProPublica states that there are few laws against this sort of thing for Justices. I'll take bets that the lefty judges on the SC do the same shit but won't be called out for it because they have the correct political leanings.

As I stated previously there should be laws against this but thinking this is all about ethics coming from a leftist organization like ProPublic is ignorance. The loons have been hammering on Thomas for decades. Black man not doing what is expected of him and all that.

You'll take bets?

Do the fucking work, as ProPublica did.

Maybe TuckTuck could take a moment from defending Treason and bullying children to investigate.

Very simply, the OP is the type of poster that obviously goes to Soros propaganda and calls it news...and Justice Thomas is well, black, so the folks that troll that those websites, and write for those websites, don't like those uppity black folk, and can't image they could even go on vacation without someone paying their way
The value of the Indonesian jaunt was 500,000...

Seriously, you're a moron.

That's the thing.

If you disagree with the law then work to get it changed.

But arguing that a SCOTUS Justice, of all people, should be able to ignore the law just because you do not like it is just stupid.

If you disagree with the law then work to get it changed.

But arguing that a SCOTUS Justice, of all people, should be able to ignore the law just because you do not like it is just stupid.
Typical dodge of a reply.

I guess if it's a law we should never talk about it right?

Forum List

Back