Civil Rights hero for Trump: If you vote for biden you don't know your history....calls out joe biden voters rioting and looting...

A member of the lunch counter sit-ins...supports Trump...

On the third night of the Republican National Convention (RNC), one of the most powerful speeches came from historic civil rights figure Clarence Henderson, who boldly declared that a vote for Joe Biden is a denial of history.

In 1960, Henderson participated in the Greensboro sit-in, a series of non-violent protests where young black American students refused to leave the segregated Woolworth lunch counter after being denied service. Photo below:
------
“My friends had been denied service the day before because of the color of their skin. We knew it wasn’t right,” he continued. “When we went back the next day I didn’t know whether I could come out in a vertical or prone position, in handcuffs, or on a stretcher, or even in a body bag. By sitting down to order a cup of coffee, we challenged injustice. We knew it was necessary, but we didn’t know what would happen.”

After recalling the threats of violence they faced, Henderson issued a veiled swipe against the Black Lives Matter rioters by noting that the Greensboro sit-in was an actual peaceful protest that instituted lasting change.
--------

Recalling his life accomplishments, including his status as a military veteran and the fact he was the first member of his immediate family to attend college, Henderson proudly declared himself a Republican and supporter of President Trump. To those who would scoff at the thought of a black civil rights icon voting Republican, Henderson recalled the many fine accomplishments of the Republican Party throughout history, such as the passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments.

“Donald Trump is not a politician. He is a leader. Politicians are dime a dozen, leaders are priceless,” he said. “The record funding Trump gave HBCUs use is priceless too. So are the record number of jobs he created for the black community and the investment he drove into our neighborhoods with tax incentives and opportunity zones. So are the lives he restored by passing
criminal justice reform, where 91% of the inmates released are black.”

I bet this is the first time you heard of the "historic" Clarence Henderson......

I'd rather stick to what CT Vivian, Diane Nash and James Lawson did and said -- you know, the ones who created the whole movement that Clarence only participated in....then you will see the difference....

7f383622aa60e7f31c2f20de436bc596--freedom-riders-jackson-mississippi.jpg

On the third night of the Republican National Convention (RNC), one of the most powerful speeches came from historic civil rights figure Clarence Henderson, who boldly declared that a vote for Joe Biden is a denial of history.

In 1960, Henderson participated in the Greensboro sit-in, a series of non-violent protests where young black American students refused to leave the segregated Woolworth lunch counter after being denied service. Photo below:
------
“My friends had been denied service the day before because of the color of their skin. We knew it wasn’t right,” he continued. “When we went back the next day I didn’t know whether I could come out in a vertical or prone position, in handcuffs, or on a stretcher, or even in a body bag. By sitting down to order a cup of coffee, we challenged injustice. We knew it was necessary, but we didn’t know what would happen.”

After recalling the threats of violence they faced, Henderson issued a veiled swipe against the Black Lives Matter rioters by noting that the Greensboro sit-in was an actual peaceful protest that instituted lasting change.
--------

Recalling his life accomplishments, including his status as a military veteran and the fact he was the first member of his immediate family to attend college, Henderson proudly declared himself a Republican and supporter of President Trump. To those who would scoff at the thought of a black civil rights icon voting Republican, Henderson recalled the many fine accomplishments of the Republican Party throughout history, such as the passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments.

“Donald Trump is not a politician. He is a leader. Politicians are dime a dozen, leaders are priceless,” he said. “The record funding Trump gave HBCUs use is priceless too. So are the record number of jobs he created for the black community and the investment he drove into our neighborhoods with tax incentives and opportunity zones. So are the lives he restored by passing

He is batshit crazy,. He is another lying weasel. Trump is not a leader. The coronavirus response proves that. The jobs prove a old JFK
adage. A rising tide lifts all boats. The tide started under Obama. Opportunity zones have not helped black businesses or other blacks. The investments have been largely by and for the rich.

While he is right about the Republican Party, he is talking about the Republican Party of Lincoln and of the 50s and 60s. The Trump Republican Party is home to White Supremacists. David Duke is a Republican.

IT WON'T WORK.

------

--------

Today’s Republican Party would have demonized the black men participating in a sit in at Woolworth’s counter.

So there’s that.

No...but the democrat party members are the ones who beat, raped, and murdered black Americans and their Republican allies..........at the time this man sat at that lunch counter.....and joe biden voters are currently burning, looting, beating and murdering black Americans in black neighborhoods in democrat party controlled cities........for the last 5 months.......

------

--------

Today’s Republican Party would have demonized the black men participating in a sit in at Woolworth’s counter.

So there’s that.

No...but the democrat party members are the ones who beat, raped, and murdered black Americans and their Republican allies..........at the time this man sat at that lunch counter.....and joe biden voters are currently burning, looting, beating and murdering black Americans in black neighborhoods in democrat party controlled cities........for the last 5 months.......

We see how the right reacted to bakers who were required to bake cakes for gay couples. You’d have thought the world was ending because of it.

The modern day right would have treated sit ins at lunch counters the same way.

------

--------

So there’s that.

No, that's the Dems method.

------

--------

So there’s that.

Conservatives have been railing against public accommodation laws for years.

------

--------

So there’s that.

We see how the right reacted to bakers who were required to bake cakes for gay couples. You’d have thought the world was ending because of it.

No, not the world, just the 1st Amendment with its protection for freedom of expression and freedom of religion...you fascist twit....

------

--------

So there’s that.

The democrat party reacted to the lunch counter sit ins by arresting and beating the black Americans who violated the democrat party jim crow laws to sit at those counters...

------

--------

So there’s that.

No.....we have been rallying to support the right to do with your private property what you want to do with it....it is called freedom, you fascist twit.

------

--------

So there’s that.

No.....we have been rallying to support the right to do with your private property what you want to do with it....it is called freedom, you fascist twit.
Exactly. Which is why none of y’all would have supported a sit in at Woolworth’s counter. But here you are toting this guy as a civil rights hero even though you oppose the very thing that made him a civil rights hero.

Hypocrites

------

--------

So there’s that.

Exactly. Which is why none of y’all would have supported a sit in at Woolworth’s counter. But here you are toting this guy as a civil rights hero even though you oppose the very thing that made him a civil rights hero.

Hypocrites

What do we oppose.........that diner was barred by democrat party jim crow laws from serving black people.........it was the democrat party, not that diner, in paritcular, that they were protesting, you doofus........

There were businesses in the South who would have been more than happy to serve blacks and whites...but the democrat party jim crow law took away their Right to do with their property as they wanted....you dumb ass.....

------

--------

So there’s that.

The democrat party reacted to the lunch counter sit ins by arresting and beating the black Americans who violated the democrat party jim crow laws to sit at those counters...
I think you’re mistaken. I don’t think there were arrests of the protestors or beatings in Greensboro. The counter desegregated. There was no law against it.

------

--------

So there’s that.

You are a lying weasel. There is no evidence that 6they are Biden voters. Of course Trump voters have attacked Asian Americans and launches terrorist acts against Americans.

------

--------

So there’s that.

Hypocrites

What do we oppose.........that diner was barred by democrat party jim crow laws from serving black people.........it was the democrat party, not that diner, in paritcular, that they were protesting, you doofus........

There were businesses in the South who would have been more than happy to serve blacks and whites...but the democrat party jim crow law took away their Right to do with their property as they wanted....you dumb ass.....
Nope. Read your history. No law prevented Woolworth’s from serving black people at the counter. The lunch counter was desegregated by choice of the manager. No law was changed.

Forum List

Back